Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: ? about wish list sorting...

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Subject: ? about wish list sorting...
Date Posted: 1/15/2012 4:52 PM ET
Member Since: 9/19/2006
Posts: 3,342
Back To Top

I originally posted this in CMTs, but got no replies. Thought I would try here.

I added 2 books to my wish list today and put them on AR.

They both begin with the letter E. I have my wish list sorted by title. Which so far has put everything in abc order. Until now.

Both of these books are now displayed between the letters M and N titles. And they are the same title (different versions), so should be next to each other. Instead they are displayed with 2 other books listed between them.

Why would they not be in abc order like the rest of my wish list?

Pam



 

Date Posted: 1/15/2012 5:04 PM ET
Member Since: 8/16/2007
Posts: 15,186
Back To Top

The only thing I can offer is to delete your cache and cookies and re-sort it to see if it is something weird stuck on your machine. Otherwise, send in Feedback via the Contact Us link in the lower right under Company. Without being able to look at your Wish List or the books in question, it is hard to diagnose. The Team can look at it and see what is causing it to sort that way.

Date Posted: 1/15/2012 5:51 PM ET
Member Since: 4/7/2008
Posts: 15,690
Back To Top

Is the book Explosive Eighteen, Pamela? I just checked your WL and the two copies of that book are not showing up after 'The Endless Forest' as they should.

So I agree, the Team will have the answer (or the fix) as it may be.



Last Edited on: 1/15/12 5:52 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Date Posted: 1/15/2012 7:06 PM ET
Member Since: 8/26/2006
Posts: 9,327
Back To Top

I see two copies of "Explosive Eighteen" on your list, and I'm trying something that sometimes works.  I have submitted data edits for both books.  I deleted the first word in the title and typed it in again, and in the "reason for edit" box, I asked the data approver to do the same thing.  It will probably take a couple of days for the edits to be approved, and then I've found that it can take a couple of weeks or so for the realphabetization to take place.  It's been a while since I tried this, but my memory says that if it works, the change will take place in a few weeks.

Not sure why this works, but there could be some kind of invisible character in the title that is messing things up.