|Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.|
The Adoptees Writing Contest ( Christian Faith-Based ) Deadline: September 30th 2011. Looking for submissions by those who profess a Christian faith and personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Submissions are to share that faith or testimony through the following topics listed and guidelines which follow. Topics Included.
1. Share a favorite Scripture verse, Bible passage that has been especially meaningful to you at some point in your adoption journey and share how God revealed that to you and blessed you/brought you hope or healing through it.
( Include the entire verse and specific Bible version )
2. Share any "Baggage" ( incorrect attitudes, perceptions, stereotypes, lies about adoption in general or your error about your own personal adoption narrative ) that you carried in your adoptee "suitcase" or were stored in the "Attic" of your mind and how God allowed you to replace the wrong with the truth- How did that happen? ( You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free ) How has that brought healing or closure to you?
3. Share how connecting with other Adoptees, personally or online or in support groups or in Classic Literature or the Bible ( Adoptees: Moses, Esther, & Those Not Raised by their bio-parents (Joseph & Samuel) has encouraged you, given you support, hope and/or has aided in your journey in healing/recovery.
4. How has God showed you how your adoptive family experience or circumstances in adoption- whether positive or challenging, equipped you to become the person you are today, prepared you for your job or ministry or marriage/family. ( Adoptee Moses experiences equipped him to become a leader and the Deliverer of His Hebrew people- (birth familiy heritage ) from slavery.
5. Share what "Being made in the Image of God our Father" or "Heaven is My Real Home" means to you or has changed through your adoption or adoption reunion journey.
Guidelines: Submissions must be your own writing and not published before in any book/magazine/blog or online. Write a short article, devotional, Poem or Prayer or a Letter to God or Adoptees in general. 500 to 600 words or less. Be creative. September 30th, 2011 deadline. Top entry in each category will receive $50. Other noteable entries will receive $25 or an Anne of Green Gables Journal by Donna Green with lovely illustrations and quotes from the book. ( winners choice ) Include written/signed permission to reprint your entry in a future Adoptees Anchor publication or online site should be included with your submission. Send a personal color photo of you with entry. E-mail entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or ask for snail mail address if you want to mail entry. This contest is open to other adoptees you may know ( 12 years or older ) who may wish to enter. Permission is given to reprint this contest in your e-mails or Facebook/or other online websites/forums.
Contest sponsored by Adoptees Anchor/Kindred Spirits- a private Facebook group for female adoptees who share together, honor God in their adoption journey and lift one another up in prayer.