Some additional info from the BACK COVER:
Fresh, original, enlivening-Alexandra Stoddard's Books of Color will reawaken your senses and enable you to bring more color into your home, your office, your life. Along with thoughts on the meanings and the sometimes surprising effects of color, there are invaluable practical pointers on its use in decorating. Tips such as these:
- Rooms that face north tend to look and feel cold because they never get direct sunlight. Light pale tints are best for these rooms.
- Blue recedes and is an excellent choice for a bedroom where you want to fell calm and peaceful.
- Place colors in order of sequence. White, gray, and black are harmonious. If, however, you put white between black and gray, your eye jumps and the combination becomes irregular.
- Yellow is an excellent color for halls where there isn't much daylight.
- Take any hue that is normally dark in tone-red, red-voilet, violet, blue-violet, and blue-and add black. You will create a pleasant rich color, excellent for a library or study.