Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: another "is this postable" question

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: another "is this postable" question
Date Posted: 6/16/2017 5:30 PM ET

I recceived a book through PBS; as I was reading it, the pages went from Page 264 to page 233.  Page 233 onward was a repeat and kept going to the end of the book.  Essentially pages 233 through 264 were inserted in the middle of the book again.  The story followed correctly.  Can I post this?

lionrose avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 6/16/2017 6:29 PM ET

Yes. It's a publishing error/mis-print but as long as nothing is missing or cut off (like a margin trimmed too narrow, etc.) it's postable. It's likely a 'signature' that was double inserted. Sometimes one is double inserted and one is missing; that would be unpostable. Other mistakes include upside down sections, ink smears & drops (publisher's ink). All are postable as long as the book is readable and not otherwise damaged. There are any number of discussions about this over the years in the forum.

Publishers will replace books like this if they're newer prints. You can contact the publishing house and let them know you have a copy. Often they're aware there's a batch of similar books out there that slipped through their quality control and they'll send you a new one.

I don't think you would have to alert the person you're sending it to. As a courtesy you could put stickies or something on the pages so it's easier to skip. But it wouldn't be necessary.  If it's WL then you could PM when they ordered and then you could cancel the order if they don't want it. 

sarap avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 6/19/2017 12:30 PM ET

Yes, I agree, as long as the book is readable and nothing is missing, printer's errors are postable.

I have had good luck requesting new copies when I've had some that were actually missing pages, requesting new copies from the publisher.

Last Edited on: 6/19/17 12:30 PM ET - Total times edited: 1