Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Has anyone noticed...

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Pat O. (PatinCO) - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Diamond medal
Subject: Has anyone noticed...
Date Posted: 2/5/2019 8:37 PM ET

the new message when ordering books?   "Do not apply my requestor conditions to this request".  I have an RC regarding CDs, and can easily cancel my RCs when ordering books now. Pat

muummom avatar
Peg D. (muummom) - ,
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 2/6/2019 10:56 PM ET

Yep. I noticed it, and it does make things easier! My RC is for audio books only. 

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 2/7/2019 4:12 PM ET

That option has been around for a while, or at least my orders have been asking me that question.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 2/15/2019 4:49 PM ET

Just saw for the first time today.......a FIFO book request came, my book didn't meet the requestor's RC so I typed a nice message explaining why I couldn't send in the box provided. But then the system asked me if I wanted to BLOCK further correspondence about this transaction......never saw that before! And I have declined RCs before, just not very often.

bibliofiend60 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/6/2019 1:39 PM ET

This might be wonderful for me. I'm going to go put my DPO address on my account again, and see if the "auto-RC" still applies. I can get things a lot faster if they're sent to the DPO, but nobody wants to do the ridiculous 'customs' form.