Discussion Forums - Mystery & Thrillers

Topic: August already! What are you reading?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Date Posted: 8/17/2017 2:30 AM ET

Alice, the 2nd book in that series came out on August 1st.  Charles, I read that one and liked it. I need to read the next one in that series.

Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Date Posted: 8/17/2017 6:28 AM ET

Thanks connie I will have to get it soon.

I am reading In Farleigh Field by Rhys Bowen right now. Very good she is one of my favorite historical mystery authors.

Date Posted: 8/21/2017 12:57 PM ET

Hello All --- I have read 3 books of late.  Two by Robert Dugoni, "Murder One" and "Conviction", both in his David Sloan series.  "Murder One" was very good.  "Conviction" was long --- the story was good, just took way too much time to come to a conclusion.  I also read, "Elementary She Read" by Vicky Delany.  The main character is in partnership with her Uncle in a Sherlock Holmes themed bookshop in Massachusetts on Cape Cod.  It was an okay book, perhaps a bit better than okay, but I am unsure as to whether I will try to get Book Two.

Now reading "Girl Waits with a Gun", Book One in a series about the Kopp sisters.  It is set in New Jersey in 1914.  I will say I am having a bit of a time becoming interested, but will give it a few more pages.  It was on Best Seller Lists all around --- so perhaps it will pick up.  Sorry I cannot come up with the author as I type.

Made my eclipse viewer out of a cereal box!!!  Had ordered 10 pairs of glasses for the family from Amazon, but they were not going to arrive until September 8th!!!! 

LATER --- I finished Girl Waits with a Gun and only then realized it was based on a true story of the Copp sisters.  One of them becoming the first female detective in New Jersey.  There are 2 more books in the series and I believe I will continue with them.

Last Edited on: 8/21/17 8:46 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Page: