Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: August postcard swap-- send those cards!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/18/2017 10:53 PM ET

Thank you to Melissa for the postcard of Notre Dame. I would love to get to join you on a walk around camous sometime there and check out of course, the University's Chapel. 

amistad avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/18/2017 11:24 PM ET

Got an excellent post card of Tampa from Jeanne! I have been in your area once! Have you spent time in Tarpon Springs?

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Date Posted: 8/19/2017 1:33 PM ET

I found a postcard from Chapel Hill, NC in my mail today.  At first I thought it was from my niece who is a nurse at Duke but then it was from Rebecca.  I love this area, thank you so much for the postcard, Rebecca.

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Date Posted: 8/20/2017 10:30 PM ET

Thank you Melissa for the postcard showing a picture of the backroads in Indiana.  I used to spend time in Indiana as a child with my aunt.

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/21/2017 9:26 PM ET

I received a nice postcard from Vicky - a picture of lighthouse across from Portland Maine (Thank You).  I love lighthouse.  

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Date Posted: 8/23/2017 10:30 PM ET

Thank you Connie and Ani for the postcards.  
Ani, I was in awe with this postcard.  I took a picture of the red Victorian building when we were in Washington and it didn't come out.  There is something about this building that touches me but I don't know what it is.  I have a picture now.  Thank you!

Connie,  I love hot air balloon festivals.  They are so free and beautiful like butterflies.  Thank you!

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: Love the balloon festivals!
Date Posted: 8/25/2017 3:36 PM ET

Aha!  Connie lives in Centralia, IL where my mom is from.  I have 3 cousins living there. My oldest cousin, Patricia, was a pilot for hot air balloons so every year for the balloon festival there, someone would hire her to pilot theirs.  In the 90's We just happened to be visiting one time when the festival was being held.  She lives a block from the festival site so made it easy to attend. Love all those colors!

When we lived in Colorado Springs we went to the ballooon fest there every year, but I heard the one in Albequerque is the best.

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/28/2017 3:12 PM ET

I received a lovely postcard from Big Sky Country Montana from Pat J.  Thank You.  I never been to Montana & on my list to visit. 

amistad avatar
Date Posted: 8/28/2017 4:14 PM ET

Got a super awesome postcard from Montana! From Pat! .....feels like I could step right through and be there! 

kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 8/28/2017 5:22 PM ET

Got a great cpostcard from Pat from Montana! Love it! My first one from that state!

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 8/28/2017 8:45 PM ET

Thank you also Pat for my Montana postcard. I love how the mountain rflects in the water :) 

goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 8/28/2017 9:38 PM ET

I received a postcard from Pat with a Bighorn Sheep on it.  Pat told me about treating Dall sheep, as well as whales, walrus (walruses?) and polar bears when she lived in AK!  On my trip to Yellowstone, many years again, the car I was in was surrounded by Bighorn Sheep.  Thanks for the mermory! 

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Date Posted: 8/30/2017 11:05 PM ET

Two postcards from Pat this week.  Thank you so much for the nice messages.  I have heard of Huckleberries but have never tried them.  I may have to after recieving this postcard with a recipe for pie.  I love pie!  The postcard with the men standing with vehicles in the middle of the road talking reminds of the side roads in WV.  Often you will come up on people talking in the middle of the road.  Thank you so much for thinking of me.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 8/31/2017 10:18 AM ET

I'm sending out more cards, never fear!

Thanks to Pat for 2 postcards......hubby got a kick out of them.

Last Edited on: 8/31/17 5:07 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 8/31/2017 9:24 PM ET

I received another beautiful postcard from Vicki.  It was a picture of a castle in Ireland.  Thanks!

Page: