Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Available book on wishlist hold (?)

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
jayelsee avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Available book on wishlist hold (?)
Date Posted: 8/31/2013 11:51 AM ET

A book on my bookshelf is on 'wishlist hold' awaiting another member's acceptance.  The thing is, this book is not a wishlisted book, there are four other copies available, and it hasn't been wishlisted for quite some time.  Does anyone know how this could happen?  Seems like the book should have gone immediately to the 'requested from you' condition.

I was thinking maybe the requesting member had it on their wishlist when it was still wishlisted, put their account on hold for awhile, and then took their accout off hold.  But still, it seems like the book should have been requested immediately rather than put on 'wishlist hold.'  Not  a big deal, just curious.

Cathy avatar
Cathy A. (Cathy) - ,
Date Posted: 8/31/2013 12:23 PM ET

I think you are right that the other member must have had their account on hold and that hold expired. The book would only be requested immediately if the other member has it on auto-request and has a credit available. Otherwise the member gets the usual 48 hours to accept the offer.

It's the last day of the month though, and it's the start of a holiday weekend and you said the book hasn't been wish listed for a while. I'm just guessing, but that sounds like someone who put their account on hold quite a while ago and just randomly picked a far future date as the end of the hold. This could be someone who isn't coming back, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for this wish to turn into a request, but at least if the offer expires you will know you're first in line for the next request.

Generic Profile avatar
Pat O. (PatinCO) - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Diamond medal
Date Posted: 8/31/2013 2:46 PM ET

What Cathy said.  It's happened to me.  I've posted a book, then next thing I know it's on WL Hold, but I'd posted it days before, and the answer was that the person had his WL on Hold, and then took it off.  Good luck. Pat

jayelsee avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 8/31/2013 2:52 PM ET

That's the only explanation that makes any sense.  I took another look at her account, and although it looks active, the last time she added any books to her shelf or wishlist was around 9 months ago.  I'll just wait for the 48-hour hold to expire.