|Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.|
It’s a new year and a good time to give some “gentle reminders” about the Book Bazaar.
· Everyone play nice and have fun! It is nice that the Book Bazaar stays pretty drama free.
· Everyone is allowed to bump their post ONCE a day. Please don’t bump your post several times a day. It pushes other member’s posts down and doesn’t give everyone a chance to have a deal seen. Do not keep posting the same deal for weeks on end. Put your deal in your subject line or as a tag on your shelf. It can get annoying to see the same post for weeks on end. Usually if people are not taking you up on your deal in a week or two, they won’t.
· If you want people to look at your deal, put your genres in your subject or someplace in the body of your post. Many people won’t even bother to look at a deal if they don’t know what you have to offer. It can be disappointing for someone to check out a deal and find that the poster has nothing they want to read. It’s courteous to do this. Also, the people who want those genres will rush to your shelf.
· When the deal is done let people know. You can change the subject to, “Offer is done” or something similar. That will let it drop off the page. There is too much programming involved to allow us to delete our deals. Hence, you can put something in the subject and let it fall off the page.
· As people accept your freebies or unpostables, delete them. That way you don’t have 3 people all thinking they can get your one copy of __________________ Saves people from being disappointed.
· Make sure you are on the right shelf! Say Bubba is doing a 2 for 1. He has a book that looks interesting, but you want to read the description of it. You click the book and think, yes, I want to read this! Be sure to go BACK to Bubba’s shelf to request it. If you request the book from the description page, it will go in the FIFO system.
· I have tried to get more sticky threads in here and have been told no.
· One deal at a time! If you decide after having a deal going, that you want to add kids books to your deal, update the first deal. Don’t have multiple deals going. It clutters up the thread, and is not fair to the others.
· If there are threads you like to follow, save them. When you open the thread there is a link that says, “Watch This Thread” Click that and you will be able to find your favorite thread quickly.
· ARC can be given free with an order off your shelf, IE: Order a book from my shelf and get an ARC. You cannot offer them for credits.
· Remember that Magazines CANNOT be mailed via media mail. Many times they have ads in them, barring them from media mail rate. So if you are offering magazines as part of your deal, they need to be sent first class.
· Wishlist books, DO NOT ASK for them in the Book Bazaar. We have a FIFO system. Coming in and asking to jump over others is NOT acceptable. There are people who have been waiting for books on their wishlists for years! So by you asking for them, it is rude to others.
Have fun and feel free to let me know if there is something I overlooked. I tried to go by your suggestions as I wrote this.
As always, feel free to pm me with questions. I will actually be around to answer them.
There is a great thread at the top of the page that has other topics as far as the Book Bazaar.
Last Edited on: 1/10/09 12:56 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
I would like to add something~ I hope you don't mind Bernie
Please go over your wish list and see if there are books on there that you have already recieved or bought and you forgot to delete. It will shorten the Wishlist for all of us!
Also in the last few weeks some of the deals I have recieved from the Book Bazaar, have been people dumping unpostables on me, I recieved a deal that was 5 for 1 and it was actually a 3 for1 because 2 of them were definitly unpostable. Please check the condition guidelines for your books and if they are unpostable that's ok you can just list them as so and we will still order them. Please don't use the Book Bazaar as a dumping ground! I let the people slide because I am not sure what to do in that case when it 's a deal. But I do like to post my books after I read them. Very aggravating.
Otherwise this is the greatest site ever!!
bernie, i did order a book from the person shelf but it went to the FIFO system I even had to reorder it twice and it would not go tothe person it went to the fifo system. Ihad to order a different book from her shelf to get the deal. for that one book keep gong to fifo so I nd up with two book the same :(
I ordered a deal book and they forgot to mark them as mailed and I received 2 of the same book. 1 in a deal and another for a credit. Remember to mark your books mailed so that the order doesn't go to another member.
Another suggestion if I may.....
If you are wishlisting "Book X"....it is wise to search it every few weeks to see if the same book has been entered into the system with an ISBN not previously listed. If so, it may have already been taken, but at least you can add the new book listing to your wishlist also, increasing your chances of getting one sooner.
Seems ashame that while people are wishing, others are requesting them from shelves or they are idle on shelves, simply because the wishers are unaware a newly entered ISBN version exists.
Edited to add: I know there is a feature to receive a message when a different ISBN version enters the system......because of the hardback, paperback, audio issue, I believe many people don't use this feature......and thus are unaware.
Last Edited on: 3/12/09 1:34 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Great rules, I ordered something from someones shelf , and they no longer had it and forgot to take it off their shelf, so they sent me another book in its place without pm'ing me. So now I have a book that I've already read, I'm out a credit and I was looking forward to the one I thought was coming.
Please pm the person that ordered, and ask if they want something else, Dont just sent a differant book in its place.
ARC can be given free with an order off your shelf, IE: Order a book from my shelf and get an ARC. You cannot offer them for credits
Since this has been bumped, I wanted to correct this ARCs CAN be offered for a credit in the Bazaar as long as you are clear that it is an ARC and you do not post it into the PBS system.