Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Sports

Topic: big stuff happening in college football.

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: big stuff happening in college football.
Date Posted: 11/25/2017 7:11 PM ET

Miami loses to Pitt and now Alabama has lost to Auburn in the iron bowl. Miami was ranked number 2 and Alabama was ranked number 1. There will be some changes in ranking now.

vintagejoy avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 11/29/2017 2:06 PM ET

Wow.  I don't follow college football as a rule, it seems too complicated to figure out what conference (if that's even the right word,) From what you said though, you are right.  Maybe I should start following it, it would give me something else to think about other than how many days there are until pitchers and catchers report for spring training.  :)

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 11/29/2017 3:02 PM ET

the big thing in college football is the fact that there is a 4 team playoff at the end of the year. That playoff determines the number one team in the nation for this year. The teams are all playing to get into that 4 team set so they have a chance to be number one in the country. There is a committee of people who judge the play of the teams and decide which teams will get into the 4 team set. I don't know which teams are in at the moment. I think one team is Clemson and one team may be Oklahoma and one team may be Wisconsin, but that's all I know right now.

vintagejoy avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 12/3/2017 3:09 PM ET

Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia & Alabama picked today?  What do you think of this, Charles?

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 12/3/2017 5:01 PM ET

There will probably be some controversy surrounding the Georgia and Alabama picks. I think this will be the first time two teams from the same conference have been picked. Georgia made it by virtue of winning the title game of the SEC conference, but Alabama did not qualify to even play in the title game. There will probably be some chirping from Wisconsin. They had only one loss but it was the title game in the Big Ten conference. Personally I think Clemson may be the best team of the bunch. I think they might be favored to win it all.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 12/29/2017 5:13 PM ET

TCU beat Stanford in the Alamo Bowl. Stanford was ahead until the 4th quarter and then TCU went ahead and Stanford went ahead. Then TCU kicked a field goal late to win.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 1/8/2018 6:53 PM ET

tonight's the big night. Alabama vs Georgia for the national championship. most people seem to think Alabama will win.