Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Book Bazaar Book Bazaar

Topic: Biography of the 60's Singing Group The Cowsills...?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Subject: Biography of the 60's Singing Group The Cowsills...?
Date Posted: 8/20/2017 1:23 PM ET

Does anyone know if there has ever been written a book about The Cowsills?  I have searched online and can't even find if one was ever written--either by them themselves, or by another writer.  Their story is so interesting: the surprise rise to fame, and then all the struggles and tragedy after their decline.  Two of their songs are still on my ipod shuffle ("Hair" and "The Rain The Park and Everything") so I am a fan of some of their music and would like to read their full story.

Any info or lead would be appreciated.  Especially if I am on a wild goose chase and there is no book and I can stop searching.

Thanks!

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 9/24/2017 10:44 AM ET

...bump...

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/24/2017 10:56 AM ET

Did you see the wikipedia article about the Cowsills? It's a pretty long article. not sure about references there.

sasssy25 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/24/2017 5:22 PM ET

I searched "Cowsills" on www.worldcat.org, then narrowed down the results by choosing "biography." I got these 5 results you can look into: 

http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=Cowsills&dblist=638&fq=fm%3Abio&qt=facet_fm%3A_contentâ

Last Edited on: 9/24/17 5:23 PM ET - Total times edited: 1