Friend's Email: Subject:I have found a book that I think you would enjoy
Biomedical Applications of Microprobe Analysis
Biomedical Applications of Microprobe Analysis Author:Peter Ingram, John D. Shelburne, Victor L. Roggli, Ann LeFurgey Biomedical Applications of Microprobe Analysis is a combination reference/laboratory manual for the use of microprobe analysis in both clinical diagnostic and research settings. Also called microchemical microscopy, microprobe analysis uses high-energy bombardment of cells and tissue, in combination with high resolution EM or confocal mic... more »roscopy to provide a profile of the ion, metal, and mineral concentrations present in a sample. This allows insight into the physiology and pathophysiology of a wide variety of cells and tissues.
This book describes methods for obtaining detailed information about the identity and composition of particles too small to be seen with the naked eye and describes how this information can be useful in diagnostic and biomedical research.
* Up-to-date review of electron microprobe analysis
* Detailed descriptions of sample preparation techniques
* Recent technologies including confocal microscopy, infrared microspectroscopy, and laser raman spectroscopy
* Over 100 illustrations with numerous specific applications
* Contributions by world-renowned experts in the field
* Brief summary of highlights precedes each chapter« less