Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Foreign-Language/World Literature

Topic: *** Book Deals, Offers, Bookshelf Promotions ***

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
TwoBooklovers avatar
Date Posted: 7/9/2013 3:57 PM ET

I have several German Fantasy cycles:

Patricia McKililip - Erdzauber Trilogy  (Harfner Im Wind - Erbin von Feuer und Wasser - Schule der Raetselmeister)   All three for one Credit

Robert Stallmann - Werwelt Trilogy (Wereworld Trilogy Cycle - A Sci-Fi cult classic - you can read up on it on amazon)  All three for one credit  - not on my bookshelf

Terry Brooks - The first 12 books of the Shannara cycle in German   (make me an offer) - not on my bookshelf

Also many more books, sci-fi, fantasy, women's literature and history (vietnam war documentary and Nibelungen Saga), on my bookshelf:   paperbacks are three for one, hardcovers are two for one credit.

Just make me an offer.

Thanks for browsing.

Last Edited on: 7/9/13 4:01 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
alemoa - ,
Subject: German Chick Lit - 2 for 1 or 5 for 2
Date Posted: 10/5/2013 6:24 PM ET

Hi,

I have a number of German novels - chick lit and some historic bestsellers - on my bookshelf.

I am willing to do 2-for-1 or 5-for-3 deals. I just need room on my shelves :-)

Happy browsing!

Alemoa

Last Edited on: 10/5/13 6:26 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
makenzie avatar
Date Posted: 7/13/2014 11:06 PM ET

I am moving at the end of the month and have a box of books that need to go before then! I am offering a 2 for 1 deal for THIS WEEK only (July 13th-19th). In addition to a few books in English, I also have some Spanish and Italian books at various levels. In addition to adult novels, there are several that might work better for language learners:

One is an easy reader designed specifically for language learners:

Caperucita en Manhattan (Spanish)

Two are children's chapter books (I'd say for age 9-12 or so):

El misterio Velázquez (Spanish)

Cara Camilla, nessuno mi capisce... (Italian)

One is an edition of a classic work aimed for upper-level language students, with words defined in English on the side and notes:

El burlador de Sevilla (Spanish)

I also have one unpostable that I will throw in with any order (in addition to your freebie):

Cronaca familiare (Italian) - Vasco Pratolini

It's this edition: http://www.amazon.com/Cronaca-Familiare/dp/0390716812/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1405305982&sr=8-5&keywords=cronaca+familiare

It's a little beat up and has writing on a couple of pages, but is still in one piece and perfectly readable. It's an edition designed for use in high schools, with comprehension questions and an Italian-English glossary in the back, so it might be good for someone who is learning Italian.

Please PM me with the freebie you would like when you make your order.

Thanks!

taticassel avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: German Graded Reader Audiobook (A1 level)
Date Posted: 10/5/2015 8:51 PM ET

I have the audiobook (CD) for the graded, A1-level German reader "Auf Der Suche Nach Toby" (ISBN: 978-8853013378) available for 1 credit.

It is surprisingly well-produced and entertaining for the level of language used.

It is sold as a book/cd combo which is why I have the CD listed here.  (On Amazon the book with CD are selling for $16 + shipping, so this would be a great way to sample readers from another company.)

It'll ship in the original papersleeve it came in.  Just PM me if you're interested or have any questions! :)

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Subject: Paperbacks and hardcovers in foreign languages - is anyone interested?
Date Posted: 2/6/2020 5:37 PM ET

I have a big stack of paperbacks with a few hardcovers of an assortment of titles by the mystery/thriller writers Lee Child, Harlan Coben, Lawrence Block, Steve Hamilton, T. Jefferson Parker and Kent Harrington - and the science fiction/fantasy writer Dan Simmons.  Mostly Japanese but some Spanish, French and Italian language titles.  They're all unread and have their dust jackets and, where noted, sometimes the Japanese titles are broken into two paperbacks. I don't want to be compensated for these but if you want a bunch, a few gifted credits to cover shipping costs wouldn't go unappreciated! ;) Thanks!

Lee Child

1. Die Trying (book 1 and 2) - Japanese
  2. Tripwire (book 1 and 2) - Japanese
  3. The Enemy (book 1 and 2) - Japanese

Harlan Coben

1. Tell No One (book 1 and 2) - Japanese
  2. Deal Breaker (book 1 and 2) - Japanese 
  3. Darkest Fear - Japanese
  4. Back Spin - Japanese
  5. Drop Shot - Japanese
  6. Fade Away - Japanese
  7. The Final Detail - Japanese
  8. One False Move - Japanese

Lawrence Block

1. A Walk Among the Tombstones - Japanese
  2. A Ticket to the Boneyard (hardcover) - Japanese
  3. Hit Man - Japanese
  4. Hit Parade - Japanese
  5. The Burglar in the Rye - Japanese
  6. My Blueberry Nights (movie edition)  - Japanese

Steve Hamilton

1. A Cold Day in Paradise - Japanese and another copy in Italian
  2. Winter of the Wolf Moon - Japanese

T. Jefferson Parker

1. Silent Joe (hardcover) - Japanese

Kent Harrington

1. Dark Ride - Japanese
  2. Dia de Los Muertos - Japanese
  3. Dia de Los Muertos - French (as "Le Jour des Morts")
  4. Dia de Los Muertos - Italian
  5. Point de non-retour - French
  6. Sombre Balade - French

Dan Simmons

1. Hyperion (book 1 and 2) - Japanese
Page: