Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Parenting, Family, Relationships

Topic: *** Book Deals, Offers, Bookshelf Promotions ***

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
amandat avatar
Subject: Parenting books
Date Posted: 4/14/2013 10:02 AM ET

Hi!  I have some water damaged books that I couldn't swap, and also have several 'expecting' books on my bookshelf without damage... if you are interested in any of the damaged books, I will include one with each order from my bookshelf. 

Following are the available books, with their corresponding damage.

1) The New Mom's Companion - ISBN - 1-4022-0014-5 - Slight discoloration on bottom right corner of book, doesn't even reach the page numbers.  No warping, pages stuck, or other 'damage', just brown corners ^_^ Also, the back cover has something red on it, perhaps ink?  Cosmetic issues, but without the discoloration & red stuff, the book would be considered excellent condition, the spine isn't even creased!

2) What to Expect When You're Expecting 3rd Ed. - ISBN - 0-7611-2132-3 - I'm pretty sure this is the 3rd Ed., you'll have to double check the ISBN to be sure. Minor water damage, slight warping on approximately the first 20 pages of the book (this is all acknowledgements & 'Contents' pages), the cover shows slight water damage on the very edge, where the water warped the paper part of the cover, beneath the shiny stuff they stick to the outside. This book is still completely and totally readable, though. 

3) A Child Is Born 4th Ed. - This is an awesome book with amazing real pictures showing the development of a child from conception to birth & beyond.  Truly awesome photography, including Microscopy, Special Optical Techniques, Ultrasound, and Fetoscopy!  This book unfortunately has the most damage of the three, it somehow got wet, and on the BACK, lower portion of of the book, there is some warping, and some of the pages did stick together.  The worst of the damage starts on page 229, but doesn't affect the reading except on pages 235-237, but the actual 'book' (ie- content) stops on page 229. After that is just information on the types of photography shown, and the Acknowledgements and Index.

I hope someone still wants these books, they're not in terrible condition, and someone can definitely get some use from them.

*note:  these books have been in a smoking household for the last 3 months, but have been in a box, in a closet, in a room with the door closed and hardly entered. 

amandat avatar
Subject: Bless The Children Photo Album
Date Posted: 4/14/2013 11:01 AM ET

This book is listed as a boardbook in the listing, but the spine says photo album, but I wanted to post here that the book is completely brand new, is still wrapped in the factory plastic which is why I'm not 100% sure of the contents... but wanted to say it's condition is completely brand new, and can be given as a gift at a baby shower or other. 

If I have posted this in the wrong place, please let me know, I'm new to the site and not 100% sure of what goes where yet. 

Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

(also, please see my post in the parenting section about my unpostable pregnancy/parenthood books!)

Amanda

bellemorte avatar
Date Posted: 5/4/2015 3:08 PM ET

Offering three Chicken Soup style books for 1 credit:  TAKEN

Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul

Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Journal

Taste Berries for Teens

*Still available!*

Last Edited on: 7/6/16 12:30 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
Page: