Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - October Hot Topics

Topic: Book Signings?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
DayJaVu avatar
Subject: Book Signings?
Date Posted: 11/22/2008 5:00 AM ET

Has anyone ever been to one? If so  how do you find out if there is one going on in your city? Is there a resource i can use to figure this out. There are some authors i would love to meet and hear readings from!

Please let me know :)

carida avatar
Date Posted: 11/25/2008 5:34 PM ET

I'd love to know the answer to that as well :)

chronicreader avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Here are some suggestions
Date Posted: 9/7/2009 4:56 PM ET

Hi there!

I love book signings and have been to quite a few.  I usually find them by subsribing to email newsletters of my local bookstores.  I've been to book signings at Borders, as well as several independent bookstores in my area.  You can find independent book shops several ways, but here is one link: http://www.bookweb.org/aba/members/printDirectory.do.  You can choose your state and it will give you a list by city.  You can also try googling the author you are interested in seeing.  Authors usually have websites, often hosted through their publisher's websites, that list their book tour dates.  Visit the websites of the bookstores near you and the authors you love and subscribe to their newsletters, this will keep you up to date on who is coming for a book signing near you.  If your favorite bookstore doesn' t have a website, just call or visit and sign up for their newsletter by phone or at the store.  Good luck!

Angelic aka chronicreader

St. Louis, MO

Generic Profile avatar
Ronda (RONDA) - ,
Date Posted: 9/15/2009 9:26 AM ET

http://www.librarything.com/local

you can also try the local tab at library thing.  If you put in your location it lists the events that users have input in your area.

goddessmichelle avatar
Date Posted: 10/7/2009 10:55 AM ET

Yes, as Angelic said, check your local bookstores.  Barnes & Noble in my area has had a few.  Also check the author's website.  If they're doing a book-signing, they want it to be a success!  So usually the dates, times, etc., are mentioned there.

Hope that helps!

Piper avatar
Date Posted: 11/15/2010 3:10 PM ET

Our local libraries have book signings and will list them in their monthly newsletter. Signings also are listed in local newspapers