Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: book type

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Subject: book type
Date Posted: 6/28/2008 1:56 PM ET
Member Since: 4/30/2008
Posts: 183
Back To Top

What kind of "book" is it if next to book type it says " other"?  There   arekindles, hardcover, e-books, and paperback but I don't know what "other" is. Someone please tell me.

Cathy A. (Cathy) - ,
Date Posted: 6/28/2008 2:36 PM ET
Member Since: 12/27/2005
Posts: 4,150
Back To Top

It could be spiral bound, plastic comb, library binding, etc. It could even be a paperback or a hardcover that's mislabeled. I would treat "Other" as "could be anything".

Subject: Other
Date Posted: 6/29/2008 9:01 AM ET
Member Since: 4/30/2008
Posts: 183
Back To Top

uh   plastic comb?-----library binding?  Please explain.  Thank you.

Date Posted: 6/29/2008 10:01 AM ET
Member Since: 7/7/2007
Posts: 4,815
Back To Top

Plastic comb is a round form of binding (like spiral) where plastic teeth fit into the pages.  There's a photo here: http://www.bookbindingpros.com/book-binding-types.htm

Library binding is usually a more durable form of binding or rebinding, to help a book hold up in a library setting.  It generally involves the use of a hardcover binding (even if the book was originally softcover), strengthening the spine, sewing the pages, etc.

If you're in doubt about ordering a particular item, PM the sender beforehand and ask.



Date Posted: 6/29/2008 6:22 PM ET
Member Since: 8/26/2006
Posts: 9,350
Back To Top

Nice link, Elizabeth!

Subject: bindings
Date Posted: 6/30/2008 11:05 AM ET
Member Since: 4/30/2008
Posts: 183
Back To Top

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.