Breastfeeding Pure and Simple Author:Gwen Gotsch Offers information...that mothers need to begin breastfeeding and to continue for many months....gives concise answers to common questions and provides practical solutins for problems mothers encouter such as avoiding sore nipples, dealing with newborn jaundice, breastfeeding after a cesarean, deciding when and how to wean, starting solids and f... more »inding time for mothers.« less
An easy and informative read by the La Leche League. I found chapters 4 and 5 especially helpful.
1. Breastfeeding in Today's World. Includes: Why mothers breastfeed; and Confidence: What breastfeeding mothers need most.
2. Getting Ready. Includes: Breast and nipple care; Choosing health-care providers; Adjusting your lifestyle.
3. Off to a Good Start. Includes: Newborns, new mothers, and nursing; Getting baby started at the breast; No bottles, frequent breastfeeding; Getting enough?; Breastfeeding after a cesaerean.
4. Solving Problems. Includes: Why nipples get sore; Sleepy babies, lazy nursers, and other slow-to get-started types; Nipple confusion; Forceful let-down; Leaking milk; Newborn Jaundice; Illness in mother or baby; Plugged ducts and breast infections; Thrush; How to express and store your milk; Special medical situations.
5. Life with a Breastfed Baby. Includes: Getting enough sleep; Why is your baby crying?; "How often should I nurse this baby?"; Worries about milk supply; Early days at home; Going out with baby; Dealing with criticism; Taking care of yourself; Fathers and their feelings; Your sex life.
6. Looking Ahead. Includes: Changing behavior as baby grows; When baby gets teeth; Starting solids; Returning to work; Weaning--or not; A world of breastfeeding women.