Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Caregivers' Forum Caregivers' Forum

Topic: Caregiver with Hospice and love what I do.

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
sadielynn avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Subject: Caregiver with Hospice and love what I do.
Date Posted: 4/30/2010 11:51 AM ET

Hi,

I'm Cyndi (49)  and I work for Hospice as a volunteer. I admire anyone who takes care of their family member everyday or in my case someone elses family members. I love helping others and I would like to say that I couldn't do this job w/o God in my heart. Its one of the hardest jobs as I am dealing with death almost daily. I just lost 1 brother "Eddie' to cancer this past Aug and have a brother "Tony" now who has liver and pancrease cancer. I just had Squamous Cell Carcinoma removed from my left arm and right thigh. Mine will come back, but hopefully on the outside on my skin as these 2 were.

My heart goes out to those of you who do any kind of care giving service.

Blessings,

Cyndi

sadielynn avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Subject: Don't Take My Grief Away
Date Posted: 4/30/2010 12:03 PM ET

What To Do When You Lose A Loved One. This is a book that I have read after losing my 2 twins and 1 brother, Father and Step Father. My Stepfather was more of a real Father to me as my mom married him when I was young and I also have another brother (Tony) with cancer who may have a year or less. If anyone is interested please pm me and the first person who does PM me I will send it to you free. If anybody is interested in the book I'll let you all know who pm's first and you can send me your addy information.

Blessings to all

Cyndi

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Blessings to You!
Date Posted: 10/27/2010 7:21 PM ET

Dear Cyndi,

I was touched by your lovely and loving attitude toward loss and bereavement. How appropriate it is to give something of yourself in memory of, and for, those you love. As a hospice chaplain/bereavement coordinator, I am aware that all hospices need volunteers and that they are real hard to find, as so many people fear that facing the death of another means that they must face their own death, and few are ready to take that on.

So blessings on you for taking on this rewarding, often beautiful ministry. You are special, and God knows it!!

Peace,

Anne M.