Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - True Crime

Topic: The Class Project How To Kill You'r mother

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
murder101 avatar
Subject: The Class Project How To Kill You'r mother
Date Posted: 7/8/2011 12:20 AM ET

I just finished this book and found it highly disturbing .Two teenage sisters plan to kill there alcoholic mom while she is drunk in the bath tub earning them the moniker the bathtub girls. They had many discussion with friend via MSN messenger to pull it all together and to secure some Tylenol 3 to help it along.They succeed in killing her and remain unsuspected for  a year if one of the sisters hadn't talked they may never have been caught. What got me was it reminded me of Runaway Devil the 12 yr old goth girl who has her Boyfriend kill her family. Both Happened in Canada both involved teenagers both used MSN to help plan it just quite a few similarities.I enjoyed it well written.

korent avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 7/9/2011 1:26 PM ET

The amazing part was that if they had just kept their mouths shut they would have gotten away with it.

murder101 avatar
Date Posted: 7/10/2011 10:20 PM ET

I know !! The fact so many people knew and stayed quiet was kinda disturbing to me.I wonder how many parents freaked out when they found out for a year some of there kids knew about a murder and never told? I would say the sisters had some emotional problems and there moms drinking didn't help but it still didn't mean they had a right to kill her.Spooky book.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 9/22/2011 8:07 AM ET

Lots of inappropriate behavior is fueled by the cruelty of an alcoholic in the family !

heathlover avatar
Date Posted: 10/19/2011 4:33 PM ET

I had a mother who drank...never once did it even cross my mind. Will have to look into this one.

murder101 avatar
Date Posted: 10/20/2011 3:07 PM ET

My dad was a horrrible alcoholic but I don't think I could have drown him.He left us thank gosh when I was 12

heathlover avatar
Date Posted: 10/20/2011 3:36 PM ET

I always atribute my only reading memoirs & true crime because of how I grew up..drugs, drinking stealing (even being brought to burgularies)  being abused..I find relief almost because I am not the only one. BUT I could never have done what some of these people have done...not sure I even ever thought of doing anything but running away. Not staying and killing the abusers.

murder101 avatar
Date Posted: 10/22/2011 11:50 PM ET

I can deeply relate to you in many ways.I to have grown up to be a normal person no violence or any of that.It is what makes me read TC because if not for some one knocking my ex out he would have killed me he left me to be air lifted and I never could understand how someone can go there.I still look for answer for many things that happened duriong my life.

korent avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 10/23/2011 4:53 PM ET

I read an amazing book called After The Tears: Helping Adult Children Of Alcoholics Heal Their Childhood Trauma by Jane Middleton-Moz. If you read it be sure to come back here and tell me what you thought.

Heather, we have something in common. My dad also left the family when i was 12. He was a very nice guy when he was sober but a mean drunk. We got closer in later years but at the time he left I was glad. I also think all of my siblings have turned out pretty good considering what we went through when we were kids but my 2 brothers have had some problems with drugs and alcohol.

murder101 avatar
Date Posted: 10/30/2011 2:54 AM ET

My father was a bad drunk he lost everything  His mother owned he took mortgages out on her house with out her knowing he was also a gambler .I never saw him after the divorce,   Alcohol abuse runs in our family.  I had a pretty rough life but I made it .I'm happily married to my second husband for 23 years.It amazing how many kids grow up in a home with one or both parents having an alcohol or drug problem. I also ended up on my own at 15 I think I lived more life between 15 and 25 than I have since, Thanx for shareing it good to know other people make it out to.

Last Edited on: 10/30/11 2:56 AM ET - Total times edited: 1