Here is a better mor thourogh explanation from the Help Center:
- If a book request is submitted to you with active Requestor Conditions:
- You will see the Requestor Conditions in a white box on the pending request when it "pops up" on your account page.
- You will have these options:
- accept by clicking
- decline by clicking
- There is no option to send a Personal Message from the request.
- If you click the request will proceed normally.
- If you click
- you will have a chance to type an explanatory message to the requestor
- this message will be included in an email from PBS telling her that the request has been declined.
- This message is not for "negotiation" about the book request.
- Once you have declined, you will NOT be able to send this book to this requestor, even if she removes her Requestor Conditions and tries to re-request it.
- If this book is on a Wish List, it will then be offered to the next Wisher
- If there is no one else Wishing for it, it will go back to your bookshelf to await another request.
- If you click , this is just like a regular book request decline:
- The book is removed from the sender's bookshelf
- The requestor's request is passed to the next sender in FIFO, if there is another copy of the book available
- If there is no other copy of the book available, the book goes onto the requestor's Wish List.
- If you are uncertain whether your book meets the Requestor Conditions and want to discuss this with the requestor
- and then click (personal message) on the request to communicate with the requestor further.
- Do not decline a request if you want to discuss this with the requestor. Declining a request by clicking "My book does not meet conditions" will make it impossible for the requestor to request this book from you.