Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Couldn’t add to my wishlist —anybody else having issues?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
dfh818 avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Couldn’t add to my wishlist —anybody else having issues?
Date Posted: 10/29/2018 8:10 PM ET
Cathy avatar
Cathy A. (Cathy) - ,
Date Posted: 10/29/2018 8:22 PM ET

I see it's a known issue, but the weird thing is I added two books to my WL this morning with no problems whatsoever. They both show up when I look at my list. 

gram47 avatar
Friend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Date Posted: 10/29/2018 10:40 PM ET

I just posted a book to my shelf.  It didn't show up as posted.  When I tried to post it again, it said it was already posted - but it's not.

My account page says 355 books but my bookshelf page says 354 books.  ??????

Last Edited on: 10/29/18 10:41 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Dee
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/30/2018 7:06 PM ET

I have two books enroute to me but still show up on my wishlist. I cant remove  them.

Alameda avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Diamond medal
Date Posted: 10/31/2018 7:57 AM ET

ETA (11/01/18) - seems my lists (below) were updated a day later - so maybe working kinda ok?

My WL is maxed at 500, so couldn't add another - don't want to take the chance of Deleting a title and try to add it back later.

I tried to add about 12 Manga Titles to my Reminders list yesterday - when I checked this morning those 12 titles did not show up as being added (Re-Sort - Date and Descending). I did a Search by title name (it worked), refined it so I got back the titles I wanted, tried to add them to my Reminders List. Went back to my reminders List - they had not been added.
I had also tried to add 11 titles to my TBR List yesterday - when I went to see if they got added this morning, they had not been added. When I went back to use the Search feature and called up those same 11 books (Search feature worked). WEhen I tried to add those same 11 books to my TBR List this morning and rechecked to see if they had been added it seems they were not added.
Perhaps a few more 'bugs' will need to be worked out (eh?)

Last Edited on: 11/1/18 5:30 AM ET - Total times edited: 3
BrownEyesBlue avatar
Date Posted: 10/31/2018 9:31 AM ET

I can't add anything to my TBR shelf. I've tried a number of times. Meanwhile the books are piling up here!

BrownEyesBlue avatar
Date Posted: 10/31/2018 9:33 AM ET

I think there are still quite a few more bugs to be worked, it's so frustrating on this end!

barbiejay avatar
Printable Postage medal
Date Posted: 10/31/2018 5:39 PM ET

I've been having problems with all my lists, and messages tab doesn't show you have a message waiting to be read, have to go into Messages to see if there are any there.  Wish, TBR, & Reminder Lists are not working.  Won't show books I've posted.  Won't unhold books or re-post books from TBR list.  No book requests have come in, and the books I have requested are sitting idle, supposedly waiting for response from member who has the books.  

Tech support must have some major headaches with last weekends upgrades.  

Last Edited on: 10/31/18 5:44 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
hardtack avatar
Date Posted: 10/31/2018 7:35 PM ET

Member requested a book. I tried to tell them I'll "mail later," but it didn't work. I left feedback to PBS.

UPDATE. I logged off and within 10 minutes I received a message from PBS stating a member had requested the book I was having trouble with, as above. So PBS seems to have fixed that e-mail problem. Hopefully, the three books I requested from members will also generate e-mail to them, so they will accept or refuse. Than I went back on site and tried "mail later" again and this time it worked.

Last Edited on: 10/31/18 7:44 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
gram47 avatar
Friend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Date Posted: 10/31/2018 7:49 PM ET

The lists seem to be working again.  However, still can't search for something on my shelf.  Progress.

Still not receiving emails. 

Last Edited on: 10/31/18 7:57 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
LazerFlash avatar
Date Posted: 10/31/2018 8:18 PM ET

I keep getting "Your Wish List offer has expired" emails for a book that I never received an Offer to begin with. In an odd twist, not only can I not seem to find the book itself in my Wishlist, I also cannot see anything in my Transaction Archive about it, either! Weird.

hardtack avatar
Date Posted: 10/31/2018 8:27 PM ET

I just tried to find books on my TBR list and couldn't.....  Couldn't even find them through Book Browser.

UPDATE. Just tried TBR list again. Works. I'll look at my other lists.

Last Edited on: 10/31/18 8:39 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
vintagejoy avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 10/31/2018 9:03 PM ET

All your issues are due to the maintenance and updates that took place over the weekend when the site was down.  When it was put back up, several functions are not working like the search engine being down, the ability to update lists, etc,  I am told that although we can't see the updates we are making, they are shown on the PBS computers.  The plan is that once things are back to normal, your lists, etc. will update for you.

vintagejoy avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 10/31/2018 9:03 PM ET

All your issues are due to the maintenance and updates that took place over the weekend when the site was down.  When it was put back up, several functions are not working like the search engine being down, the ability to update lists, etc,  I am told that although we can't see the updates we are making, they are shown on the PBS computers.  The plan is that once things are back to normal, your lists, etc. will update for you.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 11/8/2018 10:40 AM ET

i can add TBR books and have gotten orders with no problems, but I can't delete books from any lists or old pms either.  Have notified PBS.

rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 11/8/2018 11:54 AM ET

I also managed to add a book to my WL this morning.

hardtack avatar
Date Posted: 11/8/2018 12:17 PM ET

I was in my WL yesterday, deleting some books I received from another source. I was on page 2 and, as usual, when I clicked on an action button, it redisplayed page 1. Then I noticed page 1 was no longer in alphabetical order. In fact, books beginning with A were mixed with books beginning with W and other letters too. I refreshed the page and everything was okay then. Haven't seen the problem since. Weird.

Everything else seems to be working for me, including the e-mails.