- "TAMED" by Rebecca Zanetti (Dark Protectors #6.5) (A++) (Kindle) Caleb Donovan was never meant to be a prophet. At heart he's a conqueror, his appetite far more carnal than spiritual. He's not inclined to repress his passions and surrender to fate. After all, that's what cost him Lily - three centuries ago. She married another, because it was ordained. Now that he's in the same benighted calling - and forced into proximity with her - all the old desires are roaring back to life. After widowhood and centuries of celibacy, Lily is eager to explore the wild side of life, except now she's vulnerable to another forced relationship, with an enemy. But this time she's determined to choose her own path. And if hot, furious Caleb comes charging to the rescue, it might just change both their destinies.
- "THE NIGHT SHE GOT LUCKY" by Susan Donovan (San Francisco Dog-Walking Group #1) (A++++) She has nothing left to lose. Her marriage is over. Her newspaper career went belly up. And it won't be long before her two teenage sons are off to college...and then what? Sometimes it seems like the only thing Ginger Garrison can count on is her beloved Bichon Frise and the loyal women in her dog-walking group. But her luck is about to take a wild turn. Will she dare to left loose? A diplomatic snafu has sidelined the globe-trotting nature photographer Lucio "Lucky" Montevez, a man known as much for his wild personal life as his wildlife images. Now stuck in the states and forced to shoot pet portraits for a living, his prospects look downright tame...until Ginger enters his world (along with her boys, her spoiled pooch and her egomaniacal ex-husband). Lucky's always been a love-her-and-leave-her kind of guy, but something about the spirited, sensual Ginger makes him want to stick around. But will Lucky's playboy past end up costing him the only woman he's ever really loved?
- "A SHOT OF SULTRY" by Macy Beckett (Sultry Springs, Texas #2) (A+++++) Welcome to Sultry Springs, Texas: Where home can be the perfect place for a fresh start. For West Coast filmmaker Bobbi Galllagher, going back to Sultry Springs is a last resort. But with her career in tatters, a documentary set in her hometown might be just what she needs to slavage her reputation. She just can't let anything distract her again. Not even the gorgeous contractor her brother asked to watch over her. As if she can't handle filming a few rowdy Texans. Golden boy Trey Lewis, with his blond hair and technicolor-blue eyes, is a leading man if Bobbi ever saw one. He's strong and confident and - much to her delight - usually shirtless. He thinks keeping his best friend's baby sister out of trouble will be easy. But he has no idea of the trouble in store for him.
- "HEARTSONG COTTAGE" by Emily March (Eternity Springs #10) (A++++++) Two weary strangers are about to rest their burdens in Eternity Springs, where there's hope for every broken heart. Haunted by the loss of his wife and son, Daniel Garrett left the police force to devote his life to finding missing children. But he still hasn't found a way to mend the wounds of his past - until he attends a wedding in the small mountain town of Eternity Springs...and meets a beautiful, intriguing woman who offers a glimpse of something Daniel thought he'd never have again. Sometimes life give us a second chance at love. Shannon O'Toole isn't looking for romance. Ever since her fiance's death, she's created a quiet life for herself restoring Victorian cottages. Still, she can't deny her attraction to the handsome, broad-shouldered stranger. Daniel makes her feel things she hasn't felt in years - including the desire to share her secrets. But can Shannon trust a detective when doing so could bring danger to her cottage door? In Eternity Springs, everything - and everything - is possible.
- " 'TIL DEATH" by Sharon Sala (Rebel Ridge, Kentucky #3) (A+++++) He left in handcuffs. Now it's time to set himself free. Nearly twenty years after he was wrongy convicted of setting the fire that killed his father, Lincoln Fox returns to Rebel Ridge, Kentucky. There, deep in the Appalachians, the truth of that terrible night lies buried - and he's sworn to uncover it. His plans take an unexpected turn when, in the midst of a blizzard, he rescues Meg Walker from her wrecked car. Suddenly Linc discovers another reason to clear his name. Meg, his high school sweetheart, had always believed in his innocence and if he wants a future with her, he has to show the world proof she was right. As the community chooses sides, those who once let a teenage boy take the fall for their crime are forced to raise the stakes. They kidnap Meg, leaving her to the mercy of the mountain. And a second rescue may be more than even Linc can manage.
- "WYOMING RUGGED" by Diana Palmer (Wyoming Men #5) (A+++++) Billionaire oilman Blair Coleman has always taken care of his business. After having been used and cast aside by a woman he thought he loved he loved, his personal life is far from his first priority. He knows only one has ever truly cared for him - but the irresistible blonde beauty is the daughter of his best friend. Niki Ashton has seen her father's friend wounded and she's seen him fight. Blair is the strongest - and most stubborn - man she's ever known. That very heart and passion makes him the man of her dreams, but whenever they've been in danger of getting close, Blair has always pushed her away. It takes a possible tragedy to strip away all of Blair's misgivings. Now it's all or nothing: marriage, baby, family, forever. But will the choice be too much for Niki...or too late?
- "DARKEST BEFORE DAWN" by Maya Banks (Kelly Group International #10) (A++++++) The Kelly Group International (KGI): A super-elite, top secret, family-run business. Qualifications: High intelligence, rock-hard body, military background. Mission: Hostage/kidnap victim recovery. Intelligence gathering. Handling jobs the U.S. government cant...The enigmatic Hancock has been both opponent and ally to the KGI teams for as long as they've known him. Always working a deep game, Hancock's true allegiance has never been apparent, but one thing is for certain - he never lets anything get in the way of duty. But now, his absolute belief in the primacy of his ultimate goal is challenged by a captive he's been ordered to guard, no matter how much she suffers in her prison. She's the only women who's ever managed to penetrate the rigid walls surrounging his icy heart, but will he allow his perplexing feelings for the beautiful victim to destroy a mission he's spent years working to complete - or will he be forced to sacrifice her for "the greater good"?
- by LaVryle Spencer "MORNING GLORY" (A++++++) Elly Dinsmore is a young widow with two young sons and a third child on the way, struggling to manage a farm on her own. Raised by strict grandparents who never permitted her any friends, she was quickly labeled crazy by the townsfolk, who never saw her for who she was - a bright and attractive woman with a feisty spirit. Driven by a will to survive, she advertising for a husband in the local paper. Will Parker is a lonely, lanky drifter who roams into town with the clothes on his back as his only possessions, He yearns for the tenderness he has never known and the home he has never had. Will walks across Elly's yard and into her heart. Despite adversity and the echoes of past betrayals that threaten their newfound happiness, Elly and Will triumph by daring to risk their hearts. "VOWS" (A++++++) Strong-willed and saucy, tomboyish Emily Walcott has always had big dreams. Stubbornly defying the mores of turn-of-the-century society, she dresses like a man and works in her father's livery stables, while studying veterinary medicine by correspondence,. Young and ambitious Tom Jeffcoat arrives in Sheridan, Wyoming, with plans of his own. Determined to set up a competing livery business,, he little realizes the challenge of having to reckon with Emily. They are sworn enemies from the moment they set their flashing blue eyes on each other - until the strain of enmity becomes a desire for intimacy and each silently aches for the arms of the other. Their journey is one few will forget. "THE GAMBLE" (A++++++) The spinster milliner of Proffitt, Kansas, Agatha Downing is as prim as a Quaker bonnet, yet her fiery green eyes and fanciful hats tell more than her passionless demeanor. She years to share her life with someone, but her "gim" leg and her thirty-five years dissolve her hope of ever finding a husband. Along comes Scott Gandy, a brash widower who hides his grief beneath laughing black eyes. First foe, then friend, he fills Agatha with a happiness she has never known. Into their lives comes a young boy who helps provide them with a sense of family. But to be a true family requires love and commitment - which both Agatha and Scott are afraid to risk.
- "MEAN STREAK" by Sandra Brown (abridged audio CD) (A+++++) Dr. Emory Charbonneau, a pediatrician and marathon runner, disappears on a mountain road in North Carolina. By the time her husband, Jeff, miffed over a recent argument, reports her missing, the trail has grown cold. Literally. Fog and ice encapsulate the mountainous wilderness and paralyze the search for her. While police suspect Jeff of "instant divorce," Emory, suffering from an unexplained head injury, regains consciousness and finds herself held aptive by a man whose violent past is so dark that he won't even tell her his name. She's determined to escape from him and willing to take any risks necessary to survive. Unexpectdly, however, the two have a dangerous encounter with people who adhere to a code of justice all their own. At the center of the dispute is a desperate young woman whom Emory can't turn her back on, even if it means breaking the law. Wrong becomes right at the hands of the man who strikes fear but also sparks passion. As her husband's deception is revealed and the FBI closes in on her captor, Emory begins to wonder if the man with no name is, in fact, her rescuer from those who wish her dead - and from heartbreak.
- "CONTROLLED BURN" by Shannon Stacey (Boston Fire #2) (A+++++) Rich Gullotti lives the good life, fighting fires and dating beautiful women - though none for very long. And thanks to helping his elderly landlords, his rent is low. But when his concerns about their health lead to a long-legged girl appearing on his doorstep, life as he knows it starts getting away from him. Jessica Broussard has no interest in leaving sunny San Diego for the rougher side of Boston, but she's been dispatfched to deal with grandparents she's never met. She's wholly unprepared for the scruffy-but-hot danger-junkie firefighter who lives upstairs. At first, Jessica is determined to get out of Boston Fire country as quickly as possibly. All she has to do is talk her grandparents into selling their monstrosity of a house. But nobody's taking advantage of Rick's friends on his watch, even if that makes Jessica his adversary. Unfortunately for them both, the only thing more urgent than the matter at hand is their sizzling chemistry - and it's quickly becoming too strong to resist.
- "SECRET AGENDA" (Cooper Security #3) (Cooper #10) (A++++) (Kindle) He'd faced down danger multiple times, but now Pentagon liaison Evan Pike had to deal with the ultimate confrontation. Telling Megan Randall that her late husband had been murdered by his own government was difficult. Keeping their association strictly about business, however, was proving impossible. Especially once Megan's life was put in jeopardy.On the run with a stranger, Megan wondered how her quiet life had changed so drastically. Having Evan as her protector was comforting and she knew he'd do anything to keep her alive. But he was also a man who had her questioning her belief that she'd never love again. And that was even more dangerous.
- "WRAPPED AND STRAPPED" by Lorelei James (Blacktop Cowboys #7) (A++++) Flower child, vegetarian and humanitarian Harlow Pratt and gruff and strapping cattle ranch foreman Hugh Pritchett have been taunting each other for years. Hugh thinks she's nothing but a spoiled rich girl and he's had enough of that life with his ex-wife. Harlow thinks Hugh is an ill-mannered troublemaker who wouldn't know fun if it bit him on his tight, denim-clad butt. When they're forced together at the Split Rock Ranch and Resort, everything changes. They might be plar opposites, but working out their differences skin to skin in the dark seems to help their compatibility a lot. When trouble from both their pasts comes calling, Harlow and Hugh have no one else to lean on. Can they trust each other enough to make it through the hard times together...or will their tentative truce fall apart?
- "RISING ASSETS" by Rebecca Zanetti (Maverick Montana #3) (A+++++) (Kindle) Friends with benefits was never the plan…Melanie Jacobs is in trouble. With three jobs - including running her ranch - and dwindling funds, she’s exhausted. Not to mention desperately trying to hide a secret. Unfortunately, her best friend Colton Freeze knows all too well that’s something is going on, and he won’t give up until he knows exactly what he needs to fix. Then Colton learns the truth - that Melanie’s future happiness rests in the fickle hands of fate, and her chances for having a family are shrinking with every passing day. Her only comfort is Colton, but when a heated argument between them turns into an even hotter kiss, the boundaries of their friendship are erased, leaving only a scorching-hot hunger for more. Every kiss - every touch - is a stolen pleasure. But will their new friends-with-sexy-benefits arrangement bring them closer together or destroy everything they once shared?
- "SEAL ENCOUNTER" by Sharon Hamilton (SEAL Brotherhood #0.5) (A++++) (Kindle) Christy and Kyle meet quite by accident in the very first chapter, and not in any way you could predict. But rest assured, they will find themselves together at the end in an intense and passionate relationship on purpose.
- "ALL OF ME" by Jennifer Bernard (Love Between the Bases #1) (New Author For Me) (A++++) Playing for the Kilby Catfish is hotshot pitcher Caleb Hart's last chance to salvage his career after a major league meltdown. But the day of his opener with the minor league team, Caleb strikes out with the gorgeous woman who is delivering a petition to run the unruly Catfish out of town. Now, to stay in the lineup, Caleb will need to score big with the feisty brunette he can't keep out of his thoughts. After the nasty ies Sadie Merritt's rich ex-boyfriend spread about her all over town, she's lucky to have a job at all. She can't afford to screw it up by falling for the player who is supposed to be helping her change the image of the fun-loving Catfish. But that's easier said than done when Caleb's voice alone is enough to make her pulse race. And when he surprises her with a mind-blowing kiss, she knows there's no turning back.
- "SWEET MEMORIES" by LaVyrle Spencer (A++++) Ever since Theresa Brubaker had hit adolesdence, everyone she met focused on her newly voluptuous body. The unwanted attention made her painfully self-conscious, introverted and shy. Then, one Christmas, her brother arrived home for the holidays with an army buddy. Brian Scanlon was different; he looked at her eyes, not her chest and he seemed truly interested in her. With his gentle attention, he brought Theresa out of her shell. She felt alive for the first time in years. But soon Theresa faced a decision that could free her forever...and tear them apart. "HER SISTER'S BABY" by Janice Kay Johnson (A++++++) Colleen will do anything for her sister Sheila, including having her baby. Sheila's husband, Michael, wants a baby, too. When Colleen offers to be a surrogate for his wife, he's deeply grateful. Then an accident takes Sheila's life, and Colleen and Michael turn to each other in their sorrow only to discover an unacknowledged attraction.
- "ME BEFORE YOU" by JoJo Moyes (A+++++++) (listened to on a Audible app on my cell phone) They had nothing in common until love gave them everything to lose. Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life - steady boyfriend, close family - who has never been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life—big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel - and now he’s pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy - but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living.
- "BETWEEN THE SHEETS" by Molly O'Keefe (Boys of Bishop #3) (A+++++++) After years of running, Ty Svenson has now parked himself in Bishop, Arkansas, trying to do the right thing and parent a son he didn't even know he had until recently. Over six feet tall and packed with muscles and power, Ty likes to get his hands dirty, fixing his motorcycle at night and keeping his mind away from the mistakes he's made. Then his pretty neighbor shows up on his driveway, doesn't bother to introduce herself and complains about the noise. First impression? She should loosen up. Funny that she turns out to be his son's elementary school art teacher - and the only one willing to help his troubled boy. Ty needs her. In more ways than one. Though Shelby Monroe is safe in her structured life, she is drawn to Ty's bad-boy edge and rugged sexuality. What if she just lets it all go: her worries about her mother, her fear of heartbreak and her tight self control? What if she grabs Ty and takes a ride on the wild side? "What if" becomes reality - intense, exhilarating...and addictive. But Ty wants more than a secret affair. He wants it all with Shelby. But will she take a chance and open her heart? Ty is determined to convince Shelby to take the biggest risk of her life: on him.
- "THE HOUSE ON MERMAID POINT" by Wendy Wax (Do Over #3) (A++++++) Maddie, Avery and Nikki first got to know one another - perhaps all too well - while desperately restoring a beach-front mansion to its former grandeur. Now they're putting that experience to professional use. But their latest project has presented some challenges they couldn't have dreamed up in their wildest fantasies - although the house does belong to a man who actually was Maddie's wildest fantasy once. Tock-and-roll legend "William the Wild" Hightower may be past his prime, estranged from his family and creatively blocked, but he's still worshiped by fans - which is why he guards his provacy on his own island in the Florida Keys He's not thrilled about letting this crew turn his piece paradise into a bed-and-breakfast for a reality show...though he is intrigued by Maddie. Hard as that is for her to believe as a newly single woman who can barely manage a dog paddle in the dating pool. But whether it's an unexpected flirtation with a bona fide rock star, a strained mother-daughter relationship, or a sudden tragedy, these women are in it together. The only thing that might drive them apart is being trapped on a houseboat with one bathroom.
CURRENTLY READING -
- "White Heat" by Brenda Novak (Dept. 6: Hired Gun #1) (I received a PDF copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review)
- "Christmas on Bellevue Lane" by Anna DeSefano (Chandlerville, Georgia: Echoes of the Heart #3) (Kindle app on my cell phone)
- "Accidental SEAL" by Sharon Hamilton (SEAL Brotherhood #1) (Kindle)
- "Cover Your Eyes" by Mary Burton (Morgans of Nashville #1) (New Author For Me)
- "Baby, Don't Go" by Stephanie Bond (Southern Roads #3)
- "After the Dawn" by Francis Ray (Family Affair: Hidden Legacy #3)
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO -
Last Edited on: 1/1/16 1:43 AM ET - Total times edited: 50