Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Sports

Topic: Eli Manning benched by Giants

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Eli Manning benched by Giants
Date Posted: 11/29/2017 12:55 PM ET

What do you think?

vintagejoy avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 11/29/2017 1:45 PM ET

In my opinion I"m wondering why they think Geno Smith is going to be better than Eli. The Giants have to remember that they lost Beckham for the season, you can't lose such an impact player as Beckham and then expect Eli to turn everything around.  I think they should fire the manager.  Where is Tom Coughlin when you need him? Oh, yeah, he's with the Jaguars now.  He did release a press statement this morning saying he was very upset that they have benched Eli.  But I guess his opinion doesn't count anymore.  Sad

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 11/29/2017 2:52 PM ET

all of the fans seem to be against the move. Some of the talking heads on the radio think this will be damaging in the locker room as the players on the team like Manning a lot.

vintagejoy avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 11/30/2017 10:34 AM ET

I imagine it will make some problems in the locker room, too.  And on the sidelines.  All of this of course can have a negative effect on the field, the very thing the coach wanted to avoid in the first place. Oakland is going to eat them for lunch.

Bettyjean avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 11/30/2017 2:11 PM ET

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard. I understand his career is on the downside, but for his benching to go down the way it did is despicable. For Geno Smith????? Really? I can't wait for Coach McAdoo to be gone. I can't stand him and he is worthless as a coach because he lost the players long ago.   Broke my heart seeing Eli get so emotional when getting questioned at the worst moment of his career by the media. Just awful.

Last Edited on: 11/30/17 2:19 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 11/30/2017 5:13 PM ET

Some people are saying the Giants want to lose the last games of their season so they can get a first round pick in the draft next year.