Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: **** FEBRUARY WISHES ****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: **** FEBRUARY WISHES ****
Date Posted: 1/31/2018 11:01 PM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards, or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits.  Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish.  You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 2/1/2018 7:58 AM ET

kissHello February!heart

Anybody have any of these?

Postcards...so I can write to many in the world for More Love Letters and other sites Im a member of.

Greeting cards.

Ravens or Crows anything

Black cats

Egypt, Scarab Beetle, Arabic(my daughter is learning the language in school next year) necklaces or anything Egyptian looking.

Thanks for lookingwink

Last Edited on: 2/10/18 12:35 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 2/1/2018 11:25 AM ET

Daughter needs to supplement breast feeding baby ( 5 month old Camilla  Grace) after a round of the stomach bug so she needs coupons for Enfamil formula  (purple label-- for sensitive tummies I think)  Please PM me for her address in MD.

Boxtops for Ed

Coupons for us for:  listerine, Special K cereals,  Basic 4, bar soap, yogurt ( not Greek), Perrier water, Dasani sparkling water, flavored bottled waters, granola cereals, any brand kleenex (I know, I know 'facial issue'), almond milk (Silk or Almond Breeze), fabric softener.

Last Edited on: 2/1/18 11:26 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Heather-and-Raven avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/1/2018 12:26 PM ET

Anything unicorn, this month. We are kind of obsessed with them at work (we are all adult women haha)

Anything panda

Thank you

Bama-Booklover avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/1/2018 12:32 PM ET

Marlboro coupons (preferably for cartons)

Caboose car for McDonald's Holiday Express train (Happy Meal toy)

Shower caps (plain ones, nothing fancy, I use them for pie covers)

Ink pens and pencils

Notebooks/notepads/journals

Shopping totebags

Starbucks Rewards Codes (code could be pmed to me)

Last Edited on: 2/25/18 2:12 PM ET - Total times edited: 5
vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 2/1/2018 1:08 PM ET

****  Still hoping I can get some help with getting 1-2 new bra's in a 46-C ( NO underwires, please)*****

Thanks everyone.

Last Edited on: 2/15/18 6:15 PM ET - Total times edited: 4
starvinArtist avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/1/2018 2:02 PM ET

February - Zodiac and Birth Month | Jewels Art Creation

$3 Coupon for Pearls Probiotic (they are tiny and easy to swallow) (if you sign up at the website they will mail one per address.... but only once so I can't do it again}

Regular Pepsi Coupons

Aveda Invati shampoo and conditioner samples

John Frieda- luxurious Volume shampoo and conditioner samples

longshots...

beads with a hole big enough to be threaded with 1/4 in ribbon snuggly, not loose

BookMates II- charcoal, ribbons, pansies or quasar, solid blue or purple

Comedy and Tragedy Stickers

Book Charms (bout the size of a nickle)

Any charms (bout the size of a nickle)

extreme longshots...

I would love a blinkie to commemorate 6 years as a non smoker to replace the x-smoker blinkie in my siggie line.  

Something where there would be a blank space where I could add/change the number of years.

"Proud to be, _ years, smoke free"   Something like that..... thanks

Can someone resize my "StrangerThings" blinkie to this size  282704430.jpg?v=4f063df or make a clearer one.

Thanks!

Last Edited on: 2/1/18 2:03 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 2/1/2018 2:37 PM ET

My wishes this month are for Valentine cards , Peanuts and Snoopy valentine stickers , and pony beads or any bead with a large hole for my client who likes making necklaces. Hope everyone has a great February !

Roses723 avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/1/2018 4:01 PM ET

Coupons for Activia or Lean Cuisine.

Thanks for looking :)

goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 2/2/2018 4:05 PM ET

I'd like to experiment with essential oils, especially lemon, lime, peppermint and lavender.  I believe I only need a few drops of each, so if you're nearly finished with a bottle, I'd be happy to take the last of it off your handsI've been blessed. 

Last Edited on: 2/19/18 1:11 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/2/2018 5:10 PM ET

My wishes are:

1. Coupons-any you have extra of or internet coupons that you can't use.they help my mom and I shop immensely.:)

2. A red or maroon sparkly gel pen or marker.

3. Paper plates-  Any size,shape,design or color. No foam ones.

4. Bath bombs or anything like that-any smell-want to try them out.

5. Dvds-anything but horror-will gladly take them without a case or gently scratched.

6. Big wish-any leftover k-cups you have that don't have mint or hazelnut in it. Got a machine for Xmas and want to try out different kinds.

Thanks for reading. Post your unique or odd wishes..I might be able to help you out.:)

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 2/2/2018 6:46 PM ET

February wishes:

Educational items that I can donate to a underpriviledged center that helps others learn to read, write and do basic math.

Ideas where to buy a fancy pants suit for a Memorial Day wedding.  14 Tall

Smile at your neighbors, you never know what they are going through.

Hold a door for someone.

Last Edited on: 2/6/18 7:32 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
libbylee1 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/3/2018 5:35 PM ET

February wishes:
Flameless tealight candles (the battery operated kind)  This is for a craft that I am making with children, so I don't want to give them real candles.

Last Edited on: 2/3/18 5:37 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/4/2018 10:06 PM ET

Desperately need  small letter size  address labels     got big and little

Wide labels   (had a lovely roll of 4x21/4 and am just about out

Last Edited on: 2/10/18 10:23 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
BostonBooks avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/5/2018 3:57 PM ET

1. Flash cards - Alph, color, shapes, numbers. (ages 1-8)

2. Flash cards - baby hand sign language.

3. Coupons- premier drink supplement - weight watchers -nutrisystem, etc. 

Blessings

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/6/2018 9:51 PM ET

Editing to add because I did find coupon organizers, thank you for looking!

I am still looking for Teddy Bear Miniature stickers: https://www.christianbook.com/stickers-teddy-bear-miniature/9781414394503/pd/731437?dv=%7Bdevice%7D&en=google&event=SHOP&kw=ingram-0-20%7C731437&p=1179710&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwo6-ibSk2QIVkVp-Ch3eawOKEAQYBSABEgJTSfD_BwE I ordered them back in December from Christian Book and they are still not available. PLEASE do not pay amazon's price for them though! Just should you see them elsewhere. 

Any cute teddy bear stickers always welcome :) Maybe some spring-y ones? 

One last edit to add in a Wish: I would appreciate so much a nice (better quaility than the two I got from the 99 cent only store)  stapler for church choir use. It does not need to be full sized, in fact would prefer smaller! Just as I said a little heavier duty than the dollar one. 

Have a good night. God Bless You. 

Last Edited on: 2/22/18 12:45 PM ET - Total times edited: 5
catsrus59 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/10/2018 11:59 AM ET

Some of my wishes:

1. any created matchbox or flipbook-( I've heard about these but don't know too much about them).They sound interesting.

2. large print Sudoku puzzle books

3. Ink pens that have the little push buttons to use different colors

4. Cat or owl ink stamps

5. Stick pins to wear on clothes

Thank you very much to anyone that might have any of these items to share!

WingsPawsNMagick avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/13/2018 12:33 AM ET

I posted on facebook but i dont know how many of you are on my facebook page.

whatever your beliefs... i need PRAYERS.

my brother robert age 68 

had a stroke on feb 2. Fell down stairs at work. Split his skull and broke his arm and hurt his eye socket.

he got out of immediate ICU feb 11 but he is still on the same floor/unit. It took him days to wake up. 

he can move his legs and arms and does remember some things but his speech is slurred and very quiet low.

today they did surgery on his wrist. 

So a little prayer sure could help.

for Robert . And for my mom Esther who just turned 92 and is heartbroken to see him like that.

thank you

Last Edited on: 2/13/18 12:34 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 2/13/2018 8:45 AM ET

Yvonne, so sorry about your dear brother, what a sad happening.
Prayers and good thoughts sent up to the universer for Robert, Esther---and you!
God bless your family.  Stay strong!

goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 2/13/2018 10:51 AM ET

Prayers for your family headed your way, Yvonne! 

DebKit avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/13/2018 11:34 AM ET

Oh Yvonne - I am praying for your family and sending healing thoughts to your brother.

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 2/13/2018 12:23 PM ET

Sending prayers for your brother and your family during this difficult time.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Date Posted: 2/13/2018 7:55 PM ET

Dear RAOKers,
Your immediate outpouring of prayers shows just how caring the people around here are.  Once again, though, I would like to remind you that responses to wishes for prayers should be made by PM to the person wishing or by using the Share and Care forum prayer threads.  This thread is for posting wishes.  Thanks!

seacat66 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/21/2018 1:49 PM ET

bump

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 2/24/2018 12:30 PM ET

bump

Page: