Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Love & Romance Love & Romance

Topic: Falling Back into Reading (Sept)

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Subject: Falling Back into Reading (Sept)
Date Posted: 9/2/2016 3:49 PM ET

I am currently reading Marriage of Inconvenience by MJ O'Shea.  It seems pretty cute. 

mkmbooks avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/2/2016 9:02 PM ET

Currentlfy reading Rebecca Zanettie's Wicked Ride and it has been pretty good so far.

missyh avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/3/2016 12:08 PM ET

I read Simple Things by Kade Boheme this weekend and liked it. 

goddessani avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 9/3/2016 9:21 PM ET

I finished mine and it was good until the very end which was abupt.  I'm now reading Cover Me by L.A. Witt. 

mblisa avatar
Date Posted: 9/4/2016 7:00 PM ET

I'm reading Sweet Tomorrows by Debbie Macomber.  Its a great story!

goddessani avatar
Date Posted: 9/6/2016 12:26 PM ET

Cover Me was excellent.  I got up at 4:30 this morning just to finish it.  I'm reading Moving Target by Elizabeth Lowell for a reading challenge.  It's been a long time since I've read her and had forgotten how well she writes. 

mkmbooks avatar
Date Posted: 9/6/2016 5:21 PM ET

I finished J.R. Ward's Angel's Share and I really enjoyed it. Also read Rebecca Zanetti's Shadow Falling and enjoyed it as well. Both very good series so far.

missyh avatar
Date Posted: 9/11/2016 6:35 AM ET

I read the two newest additions of the Southern Scrimmage series by Mercy Celeste. Bootleg Diva and Last Man Standing. Love, love this series!

gingerkitty avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/11/2016 11:31 AM ET

Yesterday, I finished off Secret Scandal by Lila Dubois & Mari Carr.  Latest in the Trinity Masters series.  It was great!  Love that whole series.

Now, I'm onto Falling In Deeper by Shayla Black.  Another excellent book, I love the whole Wicked Lovers series too.  Always sexy and some element of danger.

missyh avatar
Date Posted: 9/17/2016 7:03 PM ET

I read Beyond Complicated by Mercy Celeste today and all I can say is, DAMN. That title? Understatement of the freaking year!!! 

I'm thinking of digging into my horror tbr. It's getting to be that time of year!

gingerkitty avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/17/2016 9:38 PM ET

I don't even remember all I read this week.  I just finsihed up The Edge of Dominance (ebook) today.  Yesterday (day before?), I finished off Barenaked Jane by Deanna Lee.  Now, I'm into the next in the series, Exposing Casey.  I"m sure there was something else in there earlier in the week that I read on the ereader.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/17/2016 10:55 PM ET

I've gotten a lot of reading done, but I forget to post.

I read Falling From The Sky, Bittersweet and Steadfast.  All three by Sarina Bowen. I thought all were excellent. She is one of my favorite authors these days.

Undecided by Julianna Keyes.  Also excellent.

Craving Flight by Tamsen Parker and Breaking Free by Cherise Sinclair.  Very good for what they are.  I just need to remember not to buy BDSM books because it is just not my thing.

Vixen and the Vet and Dark Sexy Knight  Both by kate Regnery.  Just okay for me.

November 9 and It Ends With Us.  Both by Colleen Hoover and both were excellent.

Ice Planet Barbarians by Ruby Dixon.  Pretty good but I won't spend the money to continue the series.

Astounding by Kim Fielding.  Meh.

Flesh by Kylie Scott.  Also meh for me.

Neanderthal Marries Human by Penny Reid.  I read Neanderthal Seeks Human ages ago and loved it.  Finally read this one and loved it too.  After I finished it i reread it because I didn't want it to be over

Then I reread Sophie Jordan's Ivy Chronicles trilogy, Foreplay, Tease and Wild.  Because I didn't have anything else to read.  (So not true)

The Friends We Keep by Susan Mallery.  Enjoyed it.

And now I think my mystery TBR needs some attention.

Last Edited on: 9/17/16 10:58 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
gingerkitty avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/18/2016 9:26 PM ET

I'm onto Sweet Surrender by Deanna Lee.  Will be sorry to see this series end but I don't think she's written any more, this one was written 5 years ago.  Good series though!

mkmbooks avatar
Date Posted: 9/19/2016 8:48 AM ET

After reading Susan E Phillips, The First Star I See Tonight everything else just doesn't measure up  and I have struggled to get into anything since. I LOVED it because it felt like old school SEP with her bringing back her Chicago Stars. While it wasn't a top fave, it still garnered 5 stars for me.(My favs of hers is a crowded market, so I am not surprised.) :-)  I did read Hannah and the Highlander by Sabrina York...it was ok. I also read Brenda Novak's Her Darkest Nightmare...bah...what a disappointment...I had high hopes for the series, but she may have blown it with me aleady. She gave us a big tease about the bedroom issues and then when it was time, it happened behind closed doors and off page...what a scardy cat. Also too implausible with some of the bad guys...it was eye-rolling.

Last Edited on: 9/19/16 9:00 AM ET - Total times edited: 1