- Keep the momentum going with the serious closet purge started at the end of 2008.
- Stop buying cute but cheap clothes; hold out & save for high quality classics. (Ditto for shoes. Ditto for shoes. Ditto for shoes.)
- Learn to play the piano.
- Bone up on French & visit Paris.
- Keep decluttering my lifestyle (and house).
- Become more nomadic: perhaps winter on the West Coast; spring in Europe; summer in Vermont; fall in NYC.
- Donate money to charity on a consistent, regular basis.
- Sign up for kickboxing classes (I'm obsessed with my stack of DVDs but actual people interaction is probably a good thing).
- Make more time for reading every day.
I want this year to be more filled with contemplative space and less with stuff: buying it, organizing it, purging it. After I started a serious lifestyle overhaul last year, I was surprised to find that the white space I'd always craved actually kinda freaked me out. However, as I'm getting used to it, it suddenly becomes easier and easier not only to let things go, but to avoid acquiring yet more new stuff. And this is a cool thing.