Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Money Saving Tips Money Saving Tips

Topic: Free Padded Bags - San Francisco - Sonoma, CA

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
sfnativegal avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Free Padded Bags - San Francisco - Sonoma, CA
Date Posted: 5/11/2017 5:45 PM ET

Attn San Francisco and Sonoma, CA members

I was mailing out and receiving a book every 7 -10 days.  When a membership charge was required the flow of books to me came to a dead stop.  I stopped listing books on my bookshelf because I already had 100 points and didn't need more since none of my wishes were being filled.  I have saved every padded envelope I received a book in and saved even more from my job.   I also have a lot of thick plastic bags that are good for mailing.   If you live in SF or Sonoma and are still sending and receiving books and could use these bags send me an email and we arrange pick up.  I am a big recycler and don't want to throw them in the trash.

Thanks

pilotarf1@juno.com

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/9/2017 11:50 AM ET

Good for you!

I went through the community directory at one poitn to find people near me. I found one and gave her a couple boxes of envelopes, because my stash had outgrown its shelf and they needed to go!   We were both thrilled.

Not sure if that could work anymore since you'd have to find someone who was also a paid member to do PMs.  Depends I suppose on how many people nearby--since they'd have to be in the directory and paid now.