Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Free swap points

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Free swap points
Date Posted: 1/19/2024 7:16 PM ET

I've belonged to Paperbackswap for years, but my free swaps have built up to 300.  I don't understand why they aren't used up more.  I can see where they deduct a point, but it just seems they should be lower in number than they are, that they should be used up with the way I swap books.  Any thoughts?

rebeccam avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 1/19/2024 8:24 PM ET

Alice, it appears you use PBS Postage so you earn one each time you use that except for the ones the fee is waived for. If you go to free swaps at the top of the page it should show you the history of them.

Patouie avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Coordinator medalBook Data Approver medalTour Guide Asst. Coord. medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 1/29/2024 5:11 AM ET

Each time you renew your Limited Membership, you receive 30 Free Swaps. If you order fewer than 30 books per year, they can build up. And if you use PBS Postage, like Rebecca said, you earn Free Swaps.

Also, when you order books, if you order multiple books from one member, you'll pay a credit for each book, but only one Free Swap for your order. (A credit is used for each book, A Free Swap is used for each order, no matter how many books are in the order.)