I really didn't like this book for many reasons:
1. Unless like other BDSM books, the heroin doesn't actually enjoy being flogged, whipped or any other humiliating punishmentâ¦ she really didn't seem to find any pleasure in pain.
2. Some of the sex scenes were pretty hot but some others I just couldn't get into because again the heroin actually wasn't into BDSM but was forced to it..in fact in one scene she had enough and didn't want to do it anymore but the owner of club and the hero manipulated her into staying
3. The hero was an ass and fickle throughout the book. Since he wanted revenge from heroin, sometime he would purposely punish her.
4. And after the humiliation, I couldn't believe the dumb ass heroin forgave the hero without him paying for anything done to her.
5. Also towards the end, there was a menage scene but again the heroin was forced into and the hero wasn't in this scene. Afterward the heroin felt shamedâ¦I actually felt bad for her here.
The only thing good about this book is Shawn. I know he get his own story in the next book in the series and I can't wait for it because he was such interesting character and I hope his story is better than this one.
I did not like this book. I found the Hero to be arrogant, and cruel. She had to put up with more that she should have had to.
As far as erotica goes, this book has it in spades. The plot was interesting, the characters believeable. Unfortunately, their personal baggage only complicated their emotional involvement and detracted from the storyline - she loves him, she hates him; he loves her, he hates her (make up your mind, already! too much waffling back & forth) The sex is good, but you better like BDSM, and oh, what stamina!
Great romance scenes. A great book to unwind to
yep finished up all my PBS books!! yeah-loved it was fast paced, but it all worked out in the end. now i can read a book or two from MY TBR! lol