The money guide for today's twenty-something women. Get in the Game! targets educating and empowering young women in their twenties in all aspects of money and investing. Written in a fresh, fun, accessible, and informative style, the book spells out when women need to invest, how they can set achievable goals and then find the tools for reaching them. The book is simple enough for a beginner but savvy enough to be of real value to every reader. No other finance book provides this blend of empathy, humor, and most of all, immediacy. As a mentor to her peer group and speaking from her own experience, author Vanessa Summers is well equipped to help young women develop a sense of confidence and competence about their money matters. Step-by-step, Get in the Game! shows young women why it is important for them to start investing now. It explains how to define their personal financial identities, control unrestrained spending, and pay themselves first by building three 'adventure backpacks' (retirement, emergency funds, and immediate cash). Summers explains the basics of 401(k)s, IRAs, mutual funds, and other financial instruments and includes a special section on Internet research. There's even a wrap-up that helps the reader get comfortable with the wealth of information the book sharesâ"without feeling overwhelmed.Benefits include:
* Illustrated with 30 charts and diagrams
* Shows the reader how to integrate financial and life goals by identifying personal values about money
* Takes readers through the basics of investing, saving, budgeting, and getting out of debt
* Inspirational words of wisdom
* Shows young women why they cannot afford to delay getting into the money game
* Summers plans to launch a high-energy, creative, and confidence-building Web site on money and investing for women in their twenties to early thirties.