Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: Groundhog Day Card Swap - Partners Assigned! :D

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
catlingmex avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 1/28/2018 6:59 PM ET

Deb, I felt pain just reading about your emergency dental work. I hope you are doing better now. 

Carol, I´m so glad you have received some fun cards. I don´t know that they are any better than Christmas cards, but they are different and certainly more quirky (kinda like me).

Sandi, I got your card yesterday. It almost made me cry, what with how cute it is and with the tiny little robin bird on it and the original verse inside. <3 Yes, the "story" inside the booklet is my own. It´s interesting that you are fond of opossums! You are the first person I have heard of that is. More power to ya! (Should we be expecting a zine about opossums to come out soon???)

Nancy, yes, the photo on my card is fabulous, isn´t it? Sadly, I cannot claim it as my own. I had intended to get the photo credit printed on the back of the card, but I messed up and that did not happen. :P Let this serve as public notice: photo by Shenandoah National Park, taken June 4, 2012, non-copyrighted public domain photo, available on Flickr.

Kimmy, the trivia you posted about the groundhog tradition are among the things that got me hooked on the Ground Day tradition. <3

Melissa, I used to live in Fort Wayne a few years ago, when I originally made the booklet. (This was a "reprint.")  We were there for 5 years, then moved to Costa Rica for 2 years, and now have lived in South Florida for 1.5 years. I grew up around Kokomo, Indiana.

So, how many of you lovely ladies have discovered the SECRET information (actually just some dumb groundhog jokes) hidden in the booklet-pamphlet-zine? If so, mention it, but don´t tell where it is or how you discovered it. :D

kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 1/29/2018 5:03 PM ET

Got a postcard today from Deb K, thank you dear!

BlackPanther avatar
Standard Member medalTour Guide medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 1/29/2018 5:04 PM ET

Yes Robin, I found them.

sandi00 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/29/2018 6:59 PM ET

Kimmy, I received your card today & loved it!!  You may be the only person here who's rooting for more winter, lol, but I know how much you love your snow! heartheartheartheartheart

MelissaLB avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 1/30/2018 6:57 AM ET

Thank you Michelle for the adorable Groundhog greetings and fun surprise.  The post office had decided to open your note. I hope it made them smile!

sandi00 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/30/2018 8:27 AM ET

Yes, Robin, I found that & thought it was amazingly creative!! 

kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 1/30/2018 11:00 AM ET

Today is my Birthday. AND guess what? I got my snow!!! AND school was out for it too! I had lots of peeps hoping and saying prayers for me on it and it worked ...HA!

kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 1/30/2018 4:53 PM ET

Thank you Xanthe for the Cute as could be Groundhog Day card! Ha!

Thank you Carol K for the cute Groundhog bookmark and card!!

debontheweb avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 1/30/2018 9:46 PM ET

The root canal turned out to be a whole lot easier than I expected.  ( This is something like my 5th root canal.)  I took 1/2  a pain pill twice, and after that just tylenol

I have been getting all sorts f cute cards.     I will have to up my skills if we do this again.    

debontheweb avatar
Date Posted: 1/30/2018 9:46 PM ET

The root canal turned out to be a whole lot easier than I expected.  ( This is something like my 5th root canal.)  I took 1/2  a pain pill twice, and after that just tylenol

I have been getting all sorts f cute cards.     I will have to up my skills if we do this again.    

rissycloud avatar
Member of the Month medal
Date Posted: 1/30/2018 10:33 PM ET

I have gotten in a flurry of wonderful groundhog cards! This has made me smile so much!

Thank you so much everyone!  I admit regretfully that I only sent out my two so my apologies to everyone that included me as an extra...I just didn't think I would be able to get them all done in time and I'm sorry!

Robin--- Thank you so much for the beautiful groundhog picture with the awesome info booklet you made up! What a treat to through and read!

Deb---- Your groundhog is a cutie! Thank you so much!

Nancy---- What a creative card! Thank you for the cute poem and cheer!

Sandi ------- Such a Happy Groundhog card! I love it! Thank you!

Carol --- Thank you so much for this incredible Groundhog bookmark and adorable Groundhog card!

Thank you all so much!

nandip avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 1/30/2018 11:47 PM ET

Got a card from Cynthia D today and laughed out loud! Awesome and so very creative! What a Kodak moment it would be to see them at the beach with this crazy winter we all are having! Thank you!! I've got my cards displayed for all to see! 

nandip avatar
Date Posted: 1/31/2018 7:44 PM ET

Groundhog Greetings in my mail today from Carol. Groundhog creativity has been outstanding! 

Robin ~~ maybe this exchange should be added as an annual event along with the other card exchanges! Smiles come with every card I've gotten! 

I guess with the holidays over everyone is back to reading. I have another 9 books headed to the PO and off my bookshelf! That makes over 20 books shipped out in Jan. Clearing the bookshelf to make more room for in coming WL books. Life is good! 

Last Edited on: 1/31/18 7:45 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
cynd avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/31/2018 8:32 PM ET

I also got groundhog mail and a groundhog bookmark (which is already in my latest read) from Carol today.  Thank you!

catlingmex avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 2/1/2018 9:05 PM ET

Sandi and Carol: I´m pumped that you ladies discovered the "hidden" content. 

Carol: I love your cheery card (with matching image on the envelope) and was overjoyed to see that I scored a groundhog bookmark! :D

Deb: Your postcard arrived safely; it´s minimalist style is a breath of fresh air. Thank you!  (Glad to see your recuperation hasn´t been too hard.)

Last Edited on: 2/1/18 9:08 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
sandi00 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/2/2018 8:51 AM ET

Got a great Groundhog Day card & even a Groundhog bookmark (how cute is that???!!) from Carol.  Thanks sooo much!!

kimberlyrav avatar
Date Posted: 2/2/2018 12:58 PM ET

TEAM SHADOW WON!!! 6 more weeks of WINTER! HA! I get more snow! We got 6 inches today, Im thrilled!

Image result for groundhog in the snow

nandip avatar
Date Posted: 2/2/2018 2:14 PM ET

Last Edited on: 1/17/19 2:45 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
debontheweb avatar
Date Posted: 2/2/2018 2:19 PM ET

In Minnesota we would be happy if we only got 6 more weeks....... 

catlingmex avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 2/9/2018 6:18 AM ET

Xanthe, I thought your card was particularly creative ("groundhog is below deck," lol). Thank you!

bouncy-tigger avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/2/2018 3:21 AM ET

Oh dear, I forgot to thank everyone who sent me cards.  I appreciated them, they brightened my day.

Page: