Search - List of Books by Harry Shapiro
Total Books: 39
is editor of Druglink and head of publishing at Drugscope. He is an author, journalist and lecturer who has written very widely on the subject of drugs. He is the author of several books relating to drugs and popular musics
- Waiting for the Man: the story of drugs and popular music New York : Morrow, ©1988. ISBN 9780688089610 in 427 US/Canadian libraries according to WorldCat
- Review, Notes (KMusic Library Association) , Jun., 1991, vol. 47, no. 4, p. 1168-1169
- Review, International Journal of Comparative Sociology v. 29 (S/D 1988). Crowley, Robert, reviewer
- translated into Chinese by Jiachun Li as ???? : ?????????? / Deng dai yao tou: Liu xing yin yue yu yao wu de li shi. Taibei Shi: Shang zhou chu ban, 2008. ISBN 9789861249780
- Revised ed, 1999. in 269 libraries, accordingto WorldCat
- Shooting Stars: drugs, Hollywood and the movies. Serpent's Tail: October 2003,
- Jimi Hendrix, Electric Gypsy.(with Caesar Glebbeek.) New York: St. Martin's Griffin, 1995. ISBN 9780312130626 In 249 US/Canadian libraries according to WorldCat
- Review, Notes (Music Library Association) , Dec., 1992, vol. 49, no. 2, p. 528-530
- Review, Library Journal v. 116 (July 1991).
- Review, The Economist v. 317 (Nov. 24 1990).
- Review, by David Fricke, Rolling Stone (Oct. 17 1991).
- Eric Clapton: Lost in the Blues. New York: Da Capo Press, 1992.ISBN 9780306804809
- Alexis Korner: The Biography (with Mark Troster) . London: Bloomsbury, 1996.
- Jack Bruce: Composing Himself : the Authorised Biography. London: Jawbone, 2010. ISBN 9781906002268
He has also written a number of academic articles:
- "From Chaplin to Charlie-Cocaine, Hollywood and the Movies". Drugs: Education, Prevention & Policy. 9, no. 2: 133-141. (2002)
Additionally, he is the author of several books about popular drug information.