Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Held at Post Office, At Customer Request What Does This Mean?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
freeverse071681 avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Held at Post Office, At Customer Request What Does This Mean?
Date Posted: 8/8/2018 5:55 PM ET

a member from my home stae of wisconsin requested a book from me on 8/2/18. i mailed the book out the next day 8/3/18. the USPS tracking has a message that i have never seen before on the day it was delivered 8/4/18. this is what the tracking says instead of delivered. Held at Post Office, At Customer Request. what does this mean.

i waited until Tuesday to send the member a PM about this which included the tracking number info. haven't heard back from the member and the message i sent has not been read.  according to the tracking info page they have attempted delivery for 3 days now with no success. has anyone ever seen this message before or had this happen to them? i would love to know what this means as it is new to me. thanks for any info. 

bookbuggg avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 8/8/2018 6:46 PM ET

If it's held at customer request, she put a hold on the mail. She probably went away and will mark it received when she gets back.

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 8/10/2018 4:48 PM ET

Yep, what Bugg said.