|Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.|
Hi everyone, I seem to have a bunch of problems:
1. I mailed out a book yesterday. I was going to come back to it & mark it mailed. Now there is no record of it.
2. I posted a bunch of books yesterday. There were 2 wish listers that I was supposed wait for an order. I can't find any record today
3. I received an order but no email was sent. I found the order by happenstance. I sent out the book. It was a hard cover in beautiful condition. Paid over $5 for mailing. Came back to mark it mailed. Now I can't find any record of it. how am I going to receive credit for it?
4. Where am I supposed to look for books people have ordered from me?
5.I want to change my advisor. I don't think our communications are quick or clear
6.I ordered a book. The sender finally mailed me notification of mailing 1 day after the final deadline. I don't want that book any more. I mailed out my orders next day. I think a couple of weeks to mail is a bit much and how do I know she even mailed it? Now I have to wait 3 weeks to find out
7. I have not received credit for instant credits
8. I sent out a book. I know the person received it bcs she PM'd me. But I haven't received credit for it.
9. I am buying books from a senior center to post here. some of them are beautiful books, hard cover, in great condition, even collectors items . However, I spent over $5 just for postage. I want only cassetted tapes. That cost me 2 books. I don't want to spend over 10 for a cassette tape.
I love this group I think its a great idea. I set up looks great. I've spent hours figuring out how to use it. but I'm starting to wonder if it is going to work for me.
1. Were you over your mailing deadline? The only way it could of disappeared was if it was mailed by the deadline with the 2 day grace period. Once the address has been printed or handwritten, it can't be canceled by the requestor.
2. Both wishers must have not accepted the request which would mean the book(s) are just posted to your bookshelf for all members to order.
3.You can check your email preference settings to make sure you have it set to recieve emails & you might also check your junk mail. It's possible all PBS emails are being sent to your junk mail instead of your inbox.
4.Book orders will show up on your account page. And if your setting are on you should receive an email as well.
5.You can always post here for quick answers or try "live help" under the help center tab at the top of your account pages.
6.Once it has been mailed you can not cancel an order. When you request a book, the sender has 5 days to accept it, up to 5 days to mail it & a 2 day grace period to mark it mailed. Yes it's a slow process, but you may need the long wait period someday to mail out a book & will be glad the long process is there to use.
7. Did you use printed postage from PBS & mark the book mailed within your time limit? If so, you should contact the PBS team (at the bottom of the page under "Company") If not you may not get your credit because once it gets canceled for timing out (meaning it wasn't marked mailed by the time limit permitted) the requester order goes to the next person in line if the books was available, otherwise it was added to their WL. You can always send the requestor a PM to let them know it was mailed & they may be nice enough to send you the credit from their transaction achieve when it arrives, but they aren't obligated to. if you just used the printed DC, you'll get your quick credit as soon as the PO scans it & it's added into their system.
8. Did she mark it as received? Was it marked mailed by you?
9. Media mail is the cheapest route to use when shipping books & should cost $2.38 for the 1st pound & an additional $0.18 for each additional pound. PBS considers all books to be 1 credit & all audio books are 2 credits. No matter shape, size, cost, weight. Just the way it works.
Hope this answer some of your questions/problems. You can also always find answers in the Help center at the top of your account page. It's very helpful!
Last Edited on: 6/19/09 11:28 AM ET - Total times edited: 4
Regarding #3, you can check the Club Communications link under the My Account tab. It lists all of the emails that PBS has sent to you. So if an email to you went to your spam or junk folder instead of your Inbox, you can see it here under Club Communications. That's happened to me a time or two. What my email provider tosses into spam seems kinda random sometimes.
#1 Like Leann said-did you pay attention to the mail by deadlines? You only get so many days to mark a book mailed and then it'll cancel the request. Look in your transaction archive and it should show you what happened. If you mailed it within the time frame and it was cancelled by the requestor then you need to contact PBS and ask them what happened. Because once the address is printed a request can only be cancelled by PBS or the sender not the requestor.
#2: they are either back on your shelf because there was only 1 wisher and they declined the book. This happens sometimes. People WL multiple copies and then forget to delete one. Or they can't remember why they WL that book and rather then have you send it to them they cancel so someone else get request the book. Or they could be in you WL holds tab on your Main account screen.
#3: you are paying way too much for postage. If you choose to over pay and send 1st class or priority that's up to you. But you cannot expect others to do the same. And if you fail to mark a book mailed in time then you take the risk of not getting your credit. Again check your transaction archive.
#4 all book transactions show up on your Main Account page. There are tabs for each transaction you have going: Book Requests, Books I've Reqeusted, Books Enroute to Me, Books I've Mailed etc.., Completed and cancelled transactions go in the Transaction Archive. There is also a credit reqistry where you can look to see your credit history.
for #6-you can't expect everyone to mail their books out the next day. People have lives: jobs, kids, family to deal with. Some people have limited computer access and transportation and can only get books mailed once a week. I know there are a few regular posters who are shut ins because of medical conditions and rely on other people to mail their books for them. Some people can only mail on payday for financial reasons and so may let a request sit for a few days to get them to payday. You can't cancel a book request you made once the label has been printed. If you need your books quicker than that then you need to order them from Amazon. At least PBS sets some deadlines. On Bookmooch people can take weeks to mail a book. If it took over a week for this book request to be marked mailed then it sounds like the 1st person didn't respond and the request was passed on to someone else. Either that or they waited to accept for the above reasons.
#7-if you aren't marking books mailed on time then even if you use PBS postage you won't get your credit. If you just use PBS DC then the credits only come when the books are scanned the the PO gives that info to PBS. Sometimes it takes a day or two for the PO to update PBS. DC bought from anywhere but PBS does not give you a credit guarantee.
8: Check your credit registry and see if the credit is there. If she hasn't marked the book received then it'll either be in your Books I've Mailed tab or the Transaction Archive as a lost book. If you have the PM that she received the book and she doesn't mark it received-contact PBS.
9: No one is making you buy those heavy hardcover books and over pay for postage. That is your choice to do that. You can buy credits from other member and from PBS or find books that are cheaper to buy and mail. And stop over paying for postage.
PBS is very easy to use. Just read the help docs. It's not complicated the rules are stated in multiple places. THere are reminders about book conditions when you post a book, there is a reminder about mail by dates on your main account page, there are account settings so that you can get email reminders for every little thing. Just make sure your computer is not marking them as junk or spam.
It sounds like you're really having some problems!!! I'm a Tour Guide - any of us are more than happy to help you whenever we're online! You can check out Live Help or read through the Help Center info :)
1. I mailed out a book yesterday. I was going to come back to it & mark it mailed. Now there is no record of it. -- If it's not on any of your tabs under your My Account tab, check your transaction archive on your My Account tab - if it's there, the system may have canceled it - be sure to let the requestor know it's in the mail so that they don't request it from someone else.
2. I posted a bunch of books yesterday. There were 2 wish listers that I was supposed wait for an order. I can't find any record today - if it's not on any tab under your My Account tab, you can check this too under your Transaction Archive - the requests may have been canceled and are back on your shelf.
3. I received an order but no email was sent. I found the order by happenstance. I sent out the book. It was a hard cover in beautiful condition. Paid over $5 for mailing. Came back to mark it mailed. Now I can't find any record of it. how am I going to receive credit for it? Again, either check the tabs under My Account OR your Transaction Archive
4. Where am I supposed to look for books people have ordered from me? Your My Account tab has a "Books Requested From Me" tab - you'll see them there.
5.I want to change my advisor. I don't think our communications are quick or clear - feel free to contact any Tour Guide through the Live Help link under the Help Center.
6.I ordered a book. The sender finally mailed me notification of mailing 1 day after the final deadline. I don't want that book any more. I mailed out my orders next day. I think a couple of weeks to mail is a bit much and how do I know she even mailed it? Now I have to wait 3 weeks to find out. - each time someone gets a request, they have up to 5 days to accept the request and then another 5 days to mail. Yes, this may seem a long time, but it gives people plenty of time to get books in the mail - PBS definitely can test your patience sometimes! The good thing though is the longer you're here, the more books you'll start to accumulate that will be in your To-Be Read pile, so you really stop being in a big hurry for books to come :)
7. I have not received credit for instant credits - if you have posted 10 books AND you're the only account in your household, you should have gotten them - you should double-check your Credit Registry and if they aren't there, contact the PBS team.
8. I sent out a book. I know the person received it bcs she PM'd me. But I haven't received credit for it. Again, double-check your credit registry - if you really haven't gotten the credit, and the request is still on your Books Mailed tab, feel free to remind the receiver to mark the book mailed.
9. I am buying books from a senior center to post here. some of them are beautiful books, hard cover, in great condition, even collectors items . However, I spent over $5 just for postage. I want only cassetted tapes. That cost me 2 books. I don't want to spend over 10 for a cassette tape. - $5 is a lot for postage - are you sending media mail? Make sure you're putting the correct postage on - Media Mail for a HUGE 5 pound book is only $3.94!! The only time I've spent over $5 is to mail a huge BOX full of books.