Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Love & Romance Love & Romance

Topic: Help remembering book?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
seaira avatar
Subject: Help remembering book?
Date Posted: 6/8/2016 3:58 AM ET

I don't remember much, but I'll tell you what I do know: 

The main character was a woman in her 20-30s. At some point in the book her and the male love interest were at some type of event (separately, I believe). I think it was black tie, but I could be wrong. Anyway, the woman was wearing spanx or something similar under her clothes that ended up being too tight. A while into the party she starts to get lightheaded and cant breathe. The guy notices or she get his attention and they escape to the bathroom where he tries to help her get out of them. I think he ended up cutting them off? Overall I feel like the book was comical and sweet. 

I know it's not much to go on, but anything might help or jog a memory! I've tried to Google it and I've looked through my read list on goodreads! I'm starting to think I made the whole thing up! Thank you in advance! 

Last Edited on: 6/8/16 3:58 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
gingerkitty avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/8/2016 8:43 AM ET

Was it a category romance (like a Harlequin) or a longer book?

seaira avatar
Date Posted: 6/8/2016 10:43 AM ET

It was definitely a longer book. I think it was a newer title as well, probably no older than the 2010s.

gingerkitty avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/8/2016 7:26 PM ET

It sounds vaguely familiar but I can't come up with the title.  I can post it over on MobileReads for you.  Also, Smart Bitches Trashy Books blog has a "help a bitch out" section you can post it in too.

seaira avatar
Date Posted: 6/10/2016 4:09 AM ET

Thank you, that'd be great! I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sly1 avatar
Sylvia W. (Sly1) - ,
Subject: Book title
Date Posted: 3/11/2017 7:32 AM ET

could it be Cowboy, it's Cold Outside; A Twilight, Texas Novel

Last Edited on: 3/11/17 7:33 AM ET - Total times edited: 1