Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Love & Romance Love & Romance

Topic: Historical Romance Books to Consider for your Wish List

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 3/7/2017 9:34 AM ET

It is PBS that has the prroblem.  I get ISBNs from Amazon or fantasticfiction and PBS can't find them...

I contacted the librarian about the fact that their system can't search my Wish List by estimate or position.  They have fixed That!

Sue

Jerseygirltoo avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/7/2017 9:42 AM ET

I was having a problem seaching too, just yesterday! I tried to look for Devil in Spring on my WL to see how far down the list I was, and I couldn't find it. And then when I searched for the book by name, it didn't show up either, which is impossible! I had to go to Amazon and look up the ISBN and search for it that way. And also resort my Wishlist into a different order before it finally showed up there. Very strange.

P.S. the good news is I'm #4! Yay!

tburns0214 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/7/2017 9:46 AM ET

I'm not a techie by any means, but can't they just undo the upgrade until a better one comes along.  The system seemed to work just fine before it.

Cali avatar
Cali (Cali) -
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Diamond medal
Date Posted: 3/8/2017 4:20 PM ET

Maybe they will fix these blasted black diamonds & queston marks too at the end of posts. laugh

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Grace Burrowes
Date Posted: 3/9/2017 10:54 AM ET

She has a new ebook out.  It is Elias in Love.  Free on Amazon.  I don't do ebooks but for those of you that do, it is book 2 in the Tartan series.

Sue

virgosun avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/10/2017 2:38 PM ET

Sue, I was, like, where? where? FYI, Elias in Love is a contemporary romance and will be released mid-May.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 3/10/2017 4:44 PM ET

I'm sorry, it was a contemporary.  I didn't know she wrote contemporary books.  Also, It was free on Amazon.com.  Is there another site that has ebooks?

Thanks, Regina for bringing me up to the mark...

Sue

virgosun avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/10/2017 7:28 PM ET

Sue, it's challenging for me keeping up with authors these days as they genre hop or maintain various different pen names. What I find especially frustrating is when an author reels me in with her historical romances only to put a series on hold (yes, I'm gonna go there and complain) while she crosses over to YA or contemporary or whatever. Lisa Kleypas did that for the longest time (until recently, yay!), Maya Banks is another, Kat Martin, Kathryn Smith, etc. etc. I'm sure everyone here can name at least a few.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 3/10/2017 11:21 PM ET

Regina,

I never even looked into the Burrowes book.  The cover didn't look contemporary to me.  So, I ASSUMED...

And you are correct, it is hard to follow them.  What I hate the most is when they write books and then slip in

a few ebooks.  I always feel like I missed something but I don't read ebooks.  I'd rather the whole series be paperbacks

or ebooks.  Not some of each.

Sue

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 3/11/2017 9:59 AM ET

I'm with you Sue on ebooks!  It irritates me when they are writing a series I like, and then..oh, hey, can't read that one, it's an ebook!  Don't have a reader, don't want a reader, don't want to read ebooks!  I always wonder, is it that hard to have both?  I don't know the process of publication, but I would think it would be that hard!

Jerseygirltoo avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/11/2017 10:20 AM ET

I'm sure print books are a lot more expensive to produce, so it makes sense that a novella or short novel would be released as an e-book only.  I'm OK with it because they're usually cheap or free! I don't have a dedicated e-reader either, I use my iPad mini, which I love.

Cali avatar
Cali (Cali) -
Subject: Smile! =)
Date Posted: 3/12/2017 12:22 PM ET

Lauren Royal sent this smile out in her newsletter: (It is *so* me! LOL!) laugh

"I tried everything to get to sleep last night. Well, everything except closing the book and putting it on the night stand."

It showed a cartoon of a girl sitting in bed reading. Ahhhh! Our books! wink Everyone have a great week!

virgosun avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/12/2017 12:25 PM ET

Cali, I think we all can relate to that!

Cali avatar
Cali (Cali) -
Date Posted: 3/12/2017 12:37 PM ET

I know really Regina, right? LOL! laugh Looks as if the recent PBS fix took care of everyone else's black diamond question marks. Just not mine! (or Apple computers most likely since that's what I'm on) sad

Last Edited on: 3/12/17 12:38 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
warbler43 avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Black diamond problem
Date Posted: 3/12/2017 2:50 PM ET

Hi Cali,  I don't recall ever having the problem you've been having with the question marks inside the black diamonds.  I've seen them at other websites but not to the degree that you've had them on your postings.  Do you ever have to clean cache with your Apple computer?  Is there anything in your profile that should actually be printing there?  Like a quote or a saying or maybe photos?  Just wondering if that's the problem..  

Cali avatar
Cali (Cali) -
Date Posted: 3/15/2017 6:43 PM ET

Karen - Apologies for just seeing this. Yes, I've done all that & more. I found there is an issue still ongoing [under a separate discussion forum] with PBS about this. Apples sadly are always way behind in fixes. But at least I know they're still working on it. smiley

UPDATE - WooHooo!! Black diamond ? marks GONE!! Finally! Thank you PBS!

Last Edited on: 3/25/17 4:23 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
jayelsee avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Lisa Kleypas
Date Posted: 4/5/2017 11:12 AM ET

This already has 26 wishing, but I haven't seen it listed here, so in case you missed it, too: Hello, Stranger: The Ravenels Book Four.  It's listed on PBS as Unti Kleypas Novel #23 :: Lisa Kleypas but Amazon lists as #4 in Ravenels series.

Last Edited on: 4/5/17 11:15 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
chamber-maid avatar
Date Posted: 4/5/2017 1:40 PM ET

When the Marquess Falls :: Lorraine Heath

Page: