Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Homeschool Books

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Homeschool Books
Date Posted: 9/9/2007 5:55 PM ET

Do homeschool books count as textbooks or as normal books. I just posted a FIve In a Row book, and while waiting for the wisher to reply I started to read it and realized that there was some light underlining in the first couple of pages?

Does this make it unpostable or like textbooks do I just have to send a PM to the person to see if (s)he still wants it?

Brookie avatar
Date Posted: 9/9/2007 5:57 PM ET

I would send a PM to the requestor and let them know the condition

berlioz3 avatar
Date Posted: 9/9/2007 8:20 PM ET

Joan, as a homeschooler myself, I would consider FIAR to be like a textbook/workbook.  Any time I order something that's a curriculum I'm prepared to get the "highlighting" PM.  Then I just need to know how much so I can determine if it works for me or not.  :-)

TheSampleLady avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/9/2007 9:16 PM ET

I agree that home school books are usually text books.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 9/10/2007 12:51 PM ET

I would also agree that homeschool books are text books - you are using them for school.  I don't havechildren (and therefore don't homeschool) but I wouldn't mind getting a book I needed for homeschooling with some highlighting, as long as I was told ahead of time that there was highlighting.

-Layne