When you signed up for PBS, you were assigned a Tour Guide. He/She can be a great help to you. Also, at the top of the page is a link to the Help Center. If you click on "How To Swap Books, " you'll get some good information there.
Here are some start-up basics from the PBS Help Center:
- First, you will want to Post ( = list) the books you want to offer to other members.
- You will receive 2 "gift" credits from PBS after you have Posted 10 books.
- only the first account for a household receives startup credits.
- If you don't have 10 books to swap, post whatever number you do have!
- Your books should be
- in good condition (see guidelines here)
- ready to be sent out when requested (see Swapping Deadlines)
- Remember, when you send a book out at PBS, it will belong to its receiver; it will not come back to you.
- As soon as you have credits, you can request books.
- Each book (hardback/paperback) costs 1 credit.
- Each audiobook costs 2 credits.
- Read this to learn about how to find books to request at PBS.
- If you find a book in the database and it is not currently available you can add it to your Wish List. Read about the Wish List in How the Wish List Works.
- When you get a request for a book:
- Read this to learn how to send the book
- When you receive a book:
- Read this about how to mark it received so the sender gets credit for sending it.
Welcome to PBS!
Last Edited on: 2/20/09 1:44 PM ET - Total times edited: 2