Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: How long do the books stay on my page?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
TxSandMom avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: How long do the books stay on my page?
Date Posted: 1/4/2017 11:21 AM ET

I took a few books of my bookshelf list b/c I gave them to a friend who is NOT on PBS. I clicked on "Send to a Friend" and put in friend's address and such... but now the books are still showing on my "Books to Mail" tab.  How do I get them off?

BlackPanther avatar
Standard Member medalTour Guide medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 1/4/2017 11:35 AM ET

Mark them mailed.

Cathy avatar
Cathy A. (Cathy) - ,
Date Posted: 1/4/2017 1:18 PM ET

Actually, I think you have to mark them received to make them go away.

lionrose avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 1/4/2017 8:52 PM ET

Yes, mark them mailed and either mark them received right away or wait 'til your friend tells you they've been received. When I use mail to a friend for an extra book included with an ordered book I wait 'til the regular book is marked received so the books are all together on the transaction archive.

soelo avatar
Date Posted: 1/10/2017 12:14 AM ET

If they are still on your 'Books to Mail' tab, then you have to mark them mailed and then you will have to mark them recieved on another tab.

TxSandMom avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 1/14/2017 10:46 PM ET

They are already marked as 'mailed.'

And, there is no option to mark as 'received' b/c I am not the receiver.

Any other ideas?

lionrose avatar
Date Posted: 1/15/2017 12:10 AM ET

There should be a tab on your account page titled 'books sent to friends'.  And on that a button labeled 'did your friend receive the book?'  When you open that, there are two more buttons, the same ones you would see when a regular book order is enroute to you: 'not yet' and 'yes, continue'. 'Yes, continue'  will yield a thank you message and you're done. The 'not yet' button loops back to the open 'books sent to friends tab'.

rebeccam avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 1/15/2017 8:23 AM ET

If it is on "books to mail" tab, did you print the label? You don't need to actually print but you need to click on that so that you can mark the books mailed and received.

When you use "mail to a friend" you are the sender and receiver.

Cathy avatar
Cathy A. (Cathy) - ,
Date Posted: 1/15/2017 9:49 AM ET

OK, I just did this and here's what I saw:

1. Look at the Book Details page and select More Options / Mail-to-a-friend
  2. Enter the freind's address and confirm to send the book -- book shows up on Books to Mail tab on my account page
  3. Print wrapper, then click Book has been mailed -- book shows up on Books Sent to Friends tab on my account page
  4. Click Did Your Friend Receive the Book -- select Yes, Continue and book disappeared from my account page

Can you confirm that these are the exact steps you followed and the book is now on your Books Sent to Friends tab? If so, follow step 4 above to mark it rceived.

If the book is actually on your Books I've Mailed tab, then you posted it to a friend's wish list and sent it through a normal PBS transaction for a credit. The other member will have to mark it received, and the book will stay on your page until she does. Since you didn't actually mail the book to anyone, you would need to contact PBS using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page for help with this.

lovejaneeyre avatar
Date Posted: 1/15/2017 9:48 PM ET

Mail-to-a Friend will ADD to the number of books received in YOUR  account after you mark received.