- "THE LODGE ON HOLLY ROAD" by Sheila Roberts (Life in Icicle Falls #6) (A+++++) How Santa gets his Christmas spirit back...James Claussen has played Santa for years, but now that he's a widower, he's lost interest - in everything. So his daughter, Brooke, kidnaps him from the mall (in his Santa suit!) and takes him to Icicle Falls. She's arranged a special Christmas at the lodge owned by long-widowed Olivia Wallace and her son, Eric. And yet...Brooke wants Dad to be happy, but she's not ready to see someone else's mommy kissing Santa Claus. Single mom Missy Monroe, brings her kids to the lodge, too. Lalla wants a grandma for Christmas and her brother, Carlos, wants a dog. Missy can't provide either one. What she'd like is an attractive, dependable man. A man like John Truman. But John's girlfriend will be joining him in Icicle Falls, and he's going to propose. Of course not everything goes as planned. But sometimes the best gifts are the ones you don't expect.
- "BAD NIGHTS" by Rebecca York (Rockfort Security #1) (A+++++) You only get one chance...if you stay alive. Private operative and former Navy SEAL Jack Brandt barely escapes a disastrous undercover assignment, thanks to the most intriguing woman he's ever met. When his enemies track him to her doorstep, he'll do anything to protect Morgan from the danger closing in on them both. Since her husband's death, Morgan Rains has only been going through the motions. She didn't think anything could shock her - until she finds a gorgeous man stumbling naked and injured through the woods behind her house. He's mysterious, intimidating - and undeniably compelling. Thrown together into a pressure cooker of danger and intrigue, Jack and Morgan are finding in each other a reason to live - if they can survive.
- "THE WILD ONES" by M. Leighton (unabridged audio CD) (A++++) Passion as hot as midnight in the South and love as wild as the horses they tame. The darling daughter of a champion Thoroughbred breeder, Camille "Cami" Hines has a pedigree that rivals some of her father's best horses. Other than feeling a little suffocated at times, Cami thought she was happy with her boyfriend, her life and her future - until she met Patrick Henley. "Trick" blurs the lines between what Cami wants and what is expected of her - and he just happens to be so sexy she can't keep her hands off him. While they both know that Trick will lose his much needed job on the ranch if anyone finds out, they can't resist the lure of their scorchingly hot encounters. But when Trick stumbles upon a note from his father, it triggers a series of revelations that could ruin what he and Cami have worked so hard to overcome. It tuns out there's more to Trick's presence at the ranch than either of them knew and secrets with a power to tear them apart.
- "EMILY: SEX AND SENSIBILITY" by Sandra Marton (The Wilde Sisters #1) (A+++++) Emily Wilde has led a privileged life. Now she's trying to make it on her own in Manhattan. Marco Santini grew up dirt poor in a Sicilian slum. Now he has everything. He's gorgeous. He's rich. He's powerful And he has all the beautiful women a man could ask for. Then, one rainy night, he sees a woman standing alone on a deserted New York street corner. Emily is clearly in need of help, but she's not foolish enough to step into Marco's chauffeured Mercedes. It takes a lot of convincing before she lets him take her to her apartment. He wears he's not going to do anything he shouldn't and he means it - but she's in his arms before they can stop themselves. Still, it's only a kiss, just one kiss in a moment torn out of time. That's what they both think. But Fate has other plans, starting with an unexpected job offer and a business trip to Paris that explodes in a passion so hot it will change everything - everything but the web of lies that traps them both.
- "KISSING SANTA CLAUS" "LOCK, STOCK AND JINGLE BELLS" by Donna Kauffman (A++++) Holly hates the yuletide season more than ever since she inherited her mother's Christmas novelty store, but her childhood pal Sean's determined to warm her up - to Christmas and to him. When they uncover a diary concealing secrets involving both their families, this could be the Christmas that changes their lives forever. "BAH HANDSOME!" by Jill Shalvis (A+++++) Behind on her bills, B&B owner Hope receives an unlikely guest - stranded solicitor Danny, who's been threatening to put her out of business. Hopes staff sees more fire than dight in the sparks that fly as they try and bring Hope and Danny together, but only a Christmas miracle can help these unlikely lovers see the light. "IT'S HOTTER AT CHRISTMAS" by HelenKay Dimon (Men of Hawaii #3) (A+++++) Hawaii's no paradise for Marissa, who, thanks to a series of unfortunate events, can't seem to get away from the sand to enjoy her Christmas East Coast style - with plenty of snow and slush. But tall, dark and serious police officer Ted's about to give this bad Santa in heels a Mele Kalikimaka she'll never forget.
- "EVERYTHING BUT A GROOM" by Holly Jacobs (Everything But...Romance #1) (A++++) Every Hungarian grandma knows that words have power. Nana Salo never meant the words she said in anger to become a family curse, but that's just what happened. Her granddaughter Vancy is just the newest victim. Vancy's fiance has left her at the altar and now the press is after a hot grandma-curses-granddaughter's-wedding story. Vancy doesn't believe in the Salo Family Wedding Curse, but when her groom ditches her and the press is hot on her heels, she's not quite so sure anymore. She's hiding out with Matt Wilde, owner of the Everything Wilde landscaping business, helping out with his newly-inherited nephews as she figures out what do do. Matt doesn't believe in curses either, but he seems cursed with thoughts of Vancy Salo that he just can't seem to shake. A hoard of reporters, a guilty grandma, a gaggle of other family members and two four-year-olds prone to stealing hearts and wreaking havoc: it's not exactly a classic situation for falling in love...but that's just what may be happening for Vancy and Matt.
- "IN A CLASS BY ITSELF" by Sandra Brown (A++++) Dani Quinn walked into her high school reunion with dread and anticipation. She knew Logan Webster would be there and she had no idea how she would react the first time she saw him. Handsome, charming and dangerously charismatic, Logan has grown into a man who exudes all the power and confidence of self-made success. He listens as Dani describes her work for Friends in Need, a charitable organization that raises funds for mentally and physically challenged children. Then he suggests a shocking proposal of his own. A cold hearted "business" deal that conceals a hurt Logan has never gotten over. Frightened by her own feelings for Logan, hoping to heal the pain she has caused him. Dani agrees to his unconventional terms. What she never expects is that their love will be rekindled. But it is not that simple. For unbeknownst to Logan, Dani has passed through a heart-wrenching tragedy that has changed her life forever and where she must go not even he can follow.
- "PORCH LIGHTS" by Dorothea Benton Frank (A+++++) When Jimmy McMullen, a fireman, is killed in the line of duty, his wife, Jackie and ten-year-old son Charlie, are devastated. Charlie idolized his dad and now the outgoing, curious boy has become quiet and reserved. Trusting in the healing power of family, Jackie decides to return to her childhood home on Sullivans Island. Awaiting them is Annie Britt, the family matriarch who has kept the porch lights on to welcome them home. Thrilled to have her family back, Annie promises to make their visit perfect - even though relations between mother and daughter have never been what you'd call smooth. Over the years, Jackie and Annie have been known to have frequent differences of opinion. But her estranged and wise husband, Buster, and her flamboyant and funny best friend Deb are sure to keep Annie in line. She's also got Steven Plofker - the flirtatious and tasty widowed physician next door, to keep her distracted.
- "LUCKY STREAK" by Carly Phillips (Corwin Curse #2) (Lucky Trilogy #2) (A++++) Long ago, a witch proclaimed an eternal curse that every Corwin male who married for love would be destined to lose his woman and his fortune. When Mike Corwin awakens after some wild partying in Vegas $100,000 richer and married to Amber, the gorgeous woman he met the night before, he thinks he's hit the jackpot. The bad news is that Amber's a con who takes his money and runs. Seems the family curse has finally hit him. Hard. But to Amber, Mike isn't business as usual. If only she didn't need the money to ensure her father's safety, she might actually have fallen for the intense lawman. Instead she's forced to betray him. Now Mike's hell-bent on divorce and Amer's on the run - but when a twist of fate reunites them, can they turn their run of bad fortune into a lucky streak?
- "ETERNAL CAPTIVE" Laura Wright (Mark of the Vampire #3) (A+++++) Marked by blood...Lucian Roman knows he must stay away from Bronwyn Kettler for sanity's sake. Since feeding her his blood, he can think of nothing else but possessing her - fighting an uncontrollable desire to kill her, if he has to, and the vampire she has sworn to wed. Bronwyn, a brilliant vampire genealogist, can never escape her connection to Lucian. He sustained her when she was starving. He still rules her dreams. And when the nights get dark enough, she still craves him. Though his essence courses through her body, she has found a true mate in someone else. But when a dangerous enemy threatens Bronwyn, only Lucian - bound to her forever by blood - can save her life. Even if it means sacrificing his own.
- "RALLY ROUND GREEN" by Judy Christie (Green #4) (A++++++) Green survived a tornado, but now the town faces a new storm, one that threatens the school! As Green continues to recover from a horrendous tornado, newlyweds Lois and Chris just want to return to a normal life, but more threats loom on the horizon. The state of Louisiana announces plans to close Green's school, which could put Chris out of work. Then there's that new highway that's creeping ever closer. Newspaper owner Lois, May Eva and a group of Green School grads unite to fight the bureaucrats, with some surprising - and unexpected - results.
- "BETRAYED" by Rebecca York (Rockfort Security #2) (A+++) To trust or not to trust. Rockfort Security operative Shane Gallagher has been brought into S&D Systems to find a security leak. Confidential information has been stolen and Shane suspects Elena Reyes, a systems analyst with the access and know-how to putt it off. As he finds excuses to get close to her, their attraction is too strong to ignore, but how can Shane trust the very woman he's investigating? Eleana has spent her life proving herself, but now she's risking it all: everything she's worked for and her growing feelings for Shane. Must as she wants to trust the devastatingly sexy, hard-as-nails investigator, she can't let herself fall for him...the stakes are too high.
- "QUINN'S WOMAN" by Susan Mallery (A++++++) She would not be vulnerable again...D.J. Monroe had to be at the very top of her game. It was her job and her life to teach people how to defend themselves. How could she protect others if she wasn't the best trained, the most skilled fighter? How could she protect herself? So when military expert Quinn Reynolds defeated her, she vowed to give him whatever he wanted in exchange for his instruction. And yet he wanted the one thing D.J. wasn't prepared to give - herself. He asked too many questions. Made her feel too much. He recognized too many of her defenses. Then one by one, he broke them all down...and promised to be there to pick up the pieces. "HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS" by Sarah Mayberry (New Author For Me) (A++++) Joe Lawson had a thing for his new neighbor, Hannah Napier. But as a single dad, he couldn't afford to let his hids - or himself - get attached to someone who might not be sticking around. But was it already too late?
- "DINNER FIRST, ME LATER?" by Candy Halliday (Housewives Fantasy Club #2) (A+++++) The housewives fantasy club is now in session - every Saturday night, best friends and neighbors Zada, Jen, Tish and Alicia heat up their quaint little cul-de-sac with the infamous Housewives Fantasy Club. Everyone has a secret fantasy to share. Some have better ones to hide. Fantasy made flesh - Imagine! Retired baseball star Jake "The Rake" Sims living here - in the flesh! Well, he won't find Alicia Greene an easy conquest (she does not do bad boys). So what if his chiseled pecs and grand slam physique - displayed nightly in sexy underwear commercials - once made him her "most valuable" fantasy lover. His wild lifestyle squelched that dream. Now Jake swears he's reformed, Alicia's not buying it and their matchmaking neighbors are doing their best to foil the couple's "good" intensions. They may be on to something. After one fabulous dinner, Jake takes Alicia in his arms and she discovers how forbidden passion - more tempting and sweeter than dessert - can fulfill all her secret fantasies.
- "OPEN SEASON" by Linda Howard (A+++++) (abridged audio CD) She's hunting for a mate...and there's no more playing it safe. Daisy Minor is bored. Worse than that, she's boring. A plain, small-town librarian, she's got a wardrobe as sexy as a dictionary and hasn't been on a date in years. She's never even had a lukewarm love affair, let alone a hot one. So when she wakes up on her thirty-fourth birthday and wonders how it is that she still lives with her widowed mom and spinster aunt while her friends have all gotten married and started families, she decides it's time to get a life - and a sex life. And as far as she can tell, good girls don't attract nearly as many men as bad ones. One makeover later, Daisy has transformed herself into a party girl extraordinaire. She's dancing the night away at clubs and laughing and flirting with men for the first time in, well, forever. With a new lease on her own place, it's open season for manhunting. But on her way home late one night, Daisy sees something she's not supposed to see. Suddenly the target of a killer, she's forced to put her manhunt on hold. But the very moment she stops looking might be the moment she finds what she's wanted all along.
- "RESCUING CHRISTMAS" "HOLIDAY HAVEN" by Vicki Lewis Thompson (A++++) All Ben Rhodes wants for Christmas is to b left alone. And yet, in a fit of Christmas-cheer-induced insanity, he agrees to help beautiful shelter director Tansy Dexter find homes for all her rambunctious animals. Little does he know that the one truly in need of a loving home this season...is him. "HOME FOR CHRISTMAS" by Catherine Mann (A++++) Shelby Conrad has had more than her fair share of silent nights. But even though her husband, Tech Sergeant Alex Conrad, is coming home in time for Christmas, Shelby isn't sure he's in time to save their marriage. Can a road trip to deliver three shelter dogs to their new homes teach the couple that the most precious gift of all is hope? "A PUPPY FOR WILL" Kathie DeNosky (New Author For Me) (A+++) Will Parker hasn't exactly had all his hopes and dreams met, but work has filled the gaps i his life. Or so he thinks...until an energetic large Saint Bernard foster puppy and Will's cute neighbor Macie Fairbanks introduce him to the best thing about Christmas and life - unconditional love.
- "RUN TO YOU" by Rachel Gibson (Lovett, Texas #4) (A+++++) There's nothing like fleeing Miami to ruin a girl's day. Stella Leon's bartending gig was going fine until gorgeous ex-Marine Beau Junger decked her mob-connected boss, spirited her out of the city and claimed that Stella's half-sister - the one with the perfect life - sent him. Now Stella has no choice but to go along for the ride...and seduce Beau's military-issue socks off. The Marine Corps was Beau's escape from his old man's legacy of naval heroism and serial philandering, but no amount of training could prepare him for the day he looked in the mirror and saw his father staring back. The answer: swear off meaningless sex. Oh, and find a way to make Stella Leon quit being so damn hot.
- "BIG SKY MOUNTAIN" by Linda Lael Miller (Parable, Montana #2) (A++++) With his rugged good looks, vast wealth and family name, hell-raiser Hutch Carmody is still the golden boy of Parable, Montana. But he's done some growing up - making peace with his illegitimate half brother and inheriting half of Whisper Creek Ranch, which should have been all his. These days Hutch knows there are some things money can't buy: like the heart of loving, ladylike divorcee Kendra Shepherd. Kendra's quiet mansion reminds her of what she wants most - a devoted husband and the pitter-patter of little feet. She's can't get Hutch Carmody out of her mind. But a rough-and-tumble cowboy like Hutch, coming home for family dinner? Seems crazy! Then again, crazier dreams have become reality under the vast Montana sky.
- "BAREFOOT SEASON" by Susan Mallery (Blackberry Island #1) (A+++++) On Blackberry Island, friendship, love and forgiveness are as constant as the ocean waves, if only you can make room in your heart for hope. Michelle Sanderson may appear to be a strong, independent woman, but on the inside she's still the wounded girl who fled home years ago. A young army vet, Michelle returns to the quaint Blackberry Island Inn to claim her inheritance and recover from the perils of war. Instead, she finds the owner's suite occupied by the last person she wants to see - Carly Williams. She and Michelle were once inseparable, until a shocking betrayal destroyed their friendship And now Carly is implicated in the financial disaster lurking behind the inn's cheerful veneer. Single mother Carly has weathered enough rumors, lies and secrets for a life time and is finally starting to move forward with her life. But if the Blackberry Island Inn goes under, Carly and her daughter will go with it. To save their livelihoods, Carly and Michelle will undertake a turbulent truce. It'll take more than a successful season to move beyond their devastating past, but with a little luck and a beautiful summer, they may just rediscover the friendship of a lifetime.
- "UNSPOKEN" by Lisa Jackson (A++++) When secrets are revealed and lies are exposed,anything can happen...even murder. Shelby Cole thought she'd put Bad Luck behind her. Bad Luck, Texas, that is. She'd left her hometown ten years ago, her world shattered and her illegitimate baby dead. Now she's receiving anonymous letters claiming that her daughter is alive. But going home means demanding answers that her father, Judge Jerome Cole, won't be happy to give - and facing Nevada Smith, the man who broke her heart. For Nevada, Shelby's homecoming is a bitter reminder that his half-breed blood was never good enough for a rich girl like the judge's daughter. Even now, his bad-boy reputation hovers around him like a cloud of Texas dust. But the years haven't changed the way Shelby makes him feel - and he can't ignore the idea that he may be the father of the child she's looking for. Yet Shelby's not the only person on her way back to Bad Luck. Falsely accused of murder and sent to prison for ten years, Ross McCallum is coming home to settle the score, especially with Shelby and Nevada. Now, as the temperature soars, Shelby's search for the truth promises to boil over into violence as a lethal web of revealed secrets threatens everything she believes about the man she loves - and even her own life.
- "TALL TALES AND WEDDING VEILS" by Jane Graves (A++++++) Marry in haste...lust at leisure! Accountant Heather Montgomery is a planner. So never in her wildest dreams did she think she'd run into sexy charmer Tony McCaffrey in Vegas, play lady luck and celebrate his jackpot with a champagne-soaked night. And she certainly never expected to wake up the next morning married! How could this good girl pick a man whose fridge is empty and whose apartment is a disaster zone, et still drives her so crazy with lust she can't see straight? Quickly hitched and happily ditched, Tony can't wait to get back to his playboy ways. But when Heather's family is thrilled that their no-nonsense daughter is finally in love, he proposes a plan: stay married for a month to repay his good luck charm, even though she sterilizes his toothbrush and forbids anything between the sheets. But Heather is more than he bargained for - a sharp-witted, passionate woman who just might turn his near miss into wedded bliss.
- "ICEBREAKER" by Deirdre Martin (New York Blades #8) (A++++) They may play the game differently, but they're after the same goal. Good thing high-powered attorney Sinead O'Brien has a rule about never dating clients, because Adam Perry, the newest star of the New York Blades - and her newest client - has her headed for the penalty box. If only she could prove he's just another jock. Adam's been charged with assault after a borderline hit on another star player, but off the ice he's a private, no-nonsense guy who knows the Blades are his last shot at Stanley Cup glory. Assembling her case, Sinead tries not to get distracted by Adam's dazzling good looks or strong work ethic. But she quickly discovers that there's a wounded man under that jersey and she's starting to fall for him - hard. Now Adam's having trouble focusing on the goal with Sinead in his sights. And Sinead is tempted to break her "no dating clients" rule. Can they play on their newfound feelings without penalties?
- "A BABY OF HER OWN" by Brenda Novak (Dundee, Idaho #1) (A+++++) What Delaney wants...is a baby. A baby of her own. At thirty, she longs to break away from the constraints of her life. Longs to reach out for her heart's desire. She'd prefer marriage as well, but there's no man in Dundee, Idaho, she's interested in marrying. Then one winter night she and her best friend, Rebecca, go to Boise with the intent of finding a man for Delaney. She meets a handsome stranger named Conner, a man who might be able to provide her with the solution she needs...and the baby she wants! Afterward she thinks she must have been out of her mind. But it's too late. Because she's pregnant. And because the stranger isn't a stranger anymore. Connor Armstrong is now living on a ranch just outside Dundee. Sometimes impulsive actions can lead to grief. But sometimes they bring bliss. And sometimes both...
- "TAKING CHANCES" by Molly McAdams (New Author For Me) (Taking Chances #1) (A+++++) (Kindle)Her first year away is turning out to be nearly perfect, but one weekend of giving in to heated passion will change everything. Eighteen-year-old Harper has brown up under the thumb of her career marine father. Ready to live life her own way and to experience things she's only heard of from the jarheads in her father's unit, she's on her way to college at San Diego State University. Thanks to her new roommate, Harper is introduced to a world of parties, gorgeous guys, family and emotions. She finds herself being torn in two as she quickly falls in love with both her new boyfriend, Brandon, and her roommate's brother, Chase. Despite their dangerous looks and histories, both men adore Harper and would do anything for her, including taking a step back if it would mean she'd be happy.
- "RILEY" by Kristin Michelle Adams (New Author For Me) (Temptations #3) (Kindle) (E) This is one of the worst books I've ever read. I don't think I'll read another by this author. I don't mind a book with a lot of sex in it or even raunchy sex, but this book was terrible. The dialog was so stilted and nothing was done to flesh the story out, or make it so you could get to know the characters. And the mis-spellings and wrong words were horrific! Balling instead of bawling (talking about crying) was just one.
- "ACE IS WILD" by Penny McCall (New Author For Me) (A++++) Psychic Vivienne Foster has learned the hard way that cops and lawyers will never take her seriously. But when she starts having visions of hotshot U.S. Attorney Daniel "Ace" Pierce being murdered, she can't just sit back and do nothing. Which is how she winds up at the charity bachelor auction where he's the top attraction, hoping that a loaded .38 will make him see the light. A former FBI agent, Daniel doesn't relish parading himself in front of a group of wealthy socialites, no matter how worthy the cause. What's worse, he soon finds himself held at gunpoint by a drop-dead gorgeous nutcase who says she's psychic. But when Vivi saves his life, even a skeptic like Daniel has to take notice - not that Vivi could ever be ignored. Together, Daniel and Vivi are packing enough heat to tackle the killers on their trail...that is, if they can keep from tackling one another first.
- "NOTHING TO LOSE" by Christy Reece (Grey Justice #1) (Kindle) (A+++++) Choices are easy when you have nothing left to lose - Kennedy O'Connell had all the happiness she'd ever dreamed - until someone stole it away. Now on the run for her life, she has a choice to make - disappear forever or make those responsible pay. Her choice is easy. Two men want to help her, each with their own agenda. Detective Nick Gallagher is accustomed to pursuing killers within the law. Targeted for death, his life turned inside out, Nick vows to bring down those responsible, no matter the cost. But the beautiful and innocent Kennedy O'Connell brings out every protective instinct. Putting aside his own need for vengeance, he'll do whatever is necessary to keep her safe and help her achieve her goals. Billionaire philanthropist Grey Justice has a mission, too. Dubbed the "White Knight" of those in need of a champion, few people are aware of his dark side. Having seen and experienced injustice - Grey knows its bitter taste. Gaining justice for those who have been wronged is a small price to pay for a man's humanity. With the help of a surprising accomplice, the three embark on a dangerous game of cat and mouse. The stage is set, the players are ready - the game is on. But someone is playing with another set of rules and survivors are not an option.
- "ELLI" by Tina DeSalvo (New Author For Me) (Second Chance #1) (Kindle) (A+++++) - All proceeds from this book donated to women in the fight against breast cancer - Elli Morenelli has lived through a nightmare and now is working on getting her dream. Her life could have been over with with her breast cancer diagnosis, but Elli had fought and won. Now she is ready to fight for other women facing the same nightmare, but to do so she is going to need money. And she is going to need it fast. Fortunately, Elli finds herself with half ownership of a louisiana plantation. A twisted inheritance has set her up with an interesting future. Unfortunately, Elli no longer believes in planning a future, she just wants to take the money and run. Ben Bienvenu wants nothing to do with the woman from California who is certain to turn his world upside down. But the conditions of the will that left the property to both of them doesn't give him much choice. Not if he wants to keep the property that's been in his family for generations. A snobby diva rental dog, an impossible will, a nosy Bienvenu family, a distracting Mardi Gras season and a man who thinks he is protecting his son by standing his ground against her. Elli knows that trying to find common ground with this man known as the Cajun Dog Whisperer is going to be an uphill battle. Two broken people. Both in need of a second chance.
- "REVVING UP THE HOLIDAYS" by A.S. Fenichel (Kindle) (A++++) Workaholic Isaac hasn't been back to his hometown since his father's funeral two years earlies, pushing his family away because of a painful secret. Hanukkah and a forced vacation lure him back to Atlanta, where he's reunited with his two lost loves - an old motorcycle and his sister's best friend Giada. While discovering his passion for both the bike and the woman, Isaac rebuilds his heart. Giada has lost her Christmas spirit since returning home to care for her dying parents. Left alone, she struggles to return to her successful teaching career, choosing instead to stay in her hometown. Only the unexpected return of her high school crush Isaac brings any joy to the season. The transitive nature of Isaac's visit and Giada's fear of abandonment keep them from sharing their whole hearts, but certainly not their bodies. Their desire for each other is hotter than the flames of a menorah and they take advantage of their limited time together by burning up the sheets. But once their secrets are revealed, their hearts will do all the thinking.
- "A NANTUCKET CHRISTMAS" by Nancy Thayer (A++++) Holidays on this Massachusetts island are nothing short of magical and the season's wonderful traditions are much loved by Nicole Somerset, new to Nantucket and recently married to a handsome former attorney. Their home is already full of enticing scents of pine, baking spices and homemade pie. But the warm, festive mood is soon tempered by Nicole's chilly stepdaughter, Kennedy, who arrives without a hint of holiday spirit. Determined to keep her stepmother at arm's length - or, better yet, out of the picture altogether - Kennedy schemes to sabotage Nicole's holiday preparations. Nicole, however, is not about to let anyone or anything tarnish her first Christmas with her new husband.
- "SHADES OF TWILIGHT" by Linda Howard (A+++++) Roanna Davenport was raised a wealthy orphan on her grandmother's magnificent Alabama estate, Davencourt, where she had a passion for horses, a genius for trouble and a deep love for her cousin Webb. But everyone expected Webb to marry their ravishing cousin, Jessie. When he did, Roanna's desire became no more than the stuff of dreams - until the night Jessie was found bludgeoned to death. After the shocking murder of his wife, Webb left for Arizona, abandoning the legacy that he had once believed was all he wanted. But then an all-grown-up Roanna walked into a dingy bar in Nogales to bring him home; the mischievous sprite he had known ten years earlier was no more. Gone, too, was her fire. In it's place was ice that melted at his touch. Webb is drawn back to Davencourt, to Roanna and to the killer that once destroyed his ife and waits only for the chance to finish the job.
- "FREE FALL" by Suzanne Brockmann (A++++) A Troubleshooters short story.
- "DELICIOUS" by Shayla Black (Wicked Lovers #3) (A++++++) He can't control his desire, and that's just the way she wants it. Luc Traverson's entire future is planned out - but there is one very sexy obstacle in his way, Alyssa Devereaux. She's a former exotic dancer turned strip club owner and restauranteur. Alyssa and Luc shared one night of wild abandon that left Luc terrified by his loss of self-control - and left Alyssa desperate for more. In order to fulfill a promise, Luc becomes the guest chef for Alyssa's restaurant debut. Seeing her again makes Luc wild. So how can he survive a week without letting lose and ravaging her - especially when she's begging for it? Luc's desire for Alyssa finally explodes when he realizes he isn't the only man desperate to have her. But the other suitor is deadly. And that's just one of Alyssa's many secrets...which are as dark, mysterious and enticing as her fantasies.
CURRENTLY READING -
- "Your Bed or Mine?" by Candy Halliday (Housewives Fantasy Club #2)
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO -
- "Caleb's Crossing" by Geraldine Brooks (New Author For Me) (abridged audio CD)
Last Edited on: 1/1/15 1:35 AM ET - Total times edited: 55