Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Money Saving Tips Money Saving Tips

Topic: Inbox dollars??

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Indogirl avatar
Subject: Inbox dollars??
Date Posted: 11/19/2011 11:08 PM ET

Is anybody a member of Inbox Dollars? If so, do you like it and do you think it's worth it?

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 11/21/2011 4:05 PM ET

I started it and have about $14 credit. After I get my $30, I doubt I will continue this. I get too many junk e-mails now so it has turned into a hassle.

rockmom66 avatar
Date Posted: 11/21/2011 11:04 PM ET

I should be getting my first check next month.  It takes awhile, but not that much of my time.  I only click the emails, use the coupons & surveys.  I cashed out on Oct 31 and already have $9 credit built up.  It is faster than sendearnings.com

Indogirl avatar
Date Posted: 11/21/2011 11:31 PM ET

Ok thanks! Still haven't decided if I'll join or not.

PhoenixFire avatar
Book Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 11/22/2011 5:44 PM ET

what is inbox credit?

Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 12/21/2011 1:41 PM ET

I joined, I think I have about $6 so far. I have been making a list of all the sites like this that I can earn a little from. May not be much, but it will add up I suppose, and for little effort.

My favorite is still Swagbucks and the newest one I found is Jingit. I have already gotten some money and spent it from there.

Indogirl avatar
Date Posted: 12/29/2011 3:20 PM ET

Mary, on Jingit, is the only way to get your money is as music or the debit card?

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 12/30/2011 9:55 AM ET

The thing I didn't like about Inbox Dollars is that when you go to cash in they charge you $4 to cut your check.  I'll stick with My Points, you don't earn cash, but the gift cards are great.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 12/30/2011 1:36 PM ET

I gave up on inbox - didn't figure I'd ever earn enough $. I still do swagbucks and the the other day went back to mypoints and found out I had enough for the cheapest B&N giftcard so requested that. I used to shop through there but not I use discovercard's sight or ebates/fatwallet/mrrebates for actual $

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 1/19/2012 8:14 AM ET

I thought about doing inbox dollars myself, but it always seemed like a hassle!  I need to get back to doing my swagbucks and get into mypoints!!

azie avatar
Subject: I am a member
Date Posted: 3/14/2012 10:18 PM ET

I actually really like being a member of inbox dollars I have received three checks to date. You don't make a lot of money and there is a lot of e-mail but if you just make a filter on your e-mail account you can sent it directly to the garbage or other folder. If you read the e-mail or at least open it you get paid about three cents per e-mail, it doesn't sound like much but it is a few dollars a month from just e-mail. If any one dose decide to join you can say that some one recommended you and they will earn some money too.    http://www.inboxdollars.com/?r=ref1548916

mhannah3 avatar
Subject: A couple of important corrections since this is an old thread
Date Posted: 11/6/2012 10:36 PM ET

I like being a member of InboxDollars!!

You can get paid to do web searches, but I never remember that!  There is a lot more to the site (even free or paid games), but you just have to explore.

Edited again to add that you can print grocery coupons from the site and get paid 10 cents for each one you redeem - how fun is that?

We get 2 cents for clicking on the paid emails.  You don't have to read them, just click.  Sometimes you will spot something that you want to sign up for which includes a cash incentive.  Those are the best!  I have learned about some very neat new websites just in the last six months and have gotten paid for it!

When I cash out after reaching the $30 mark, they did charge $3 but they immediately deposited $3 in my account toward next time so it didn't actually cost anything.

They sent me an average of $30 every year since 2007 which isn't much but I don't do much.  I don't sign up for anything I don't love, don't usually do surveys, and honestly don't read the emails unless they look like they were written specifically for me.

Here's a link for a $5 signup bonus if you would like to give it a shot:

125x125_1.gif

Last Edited on: 11/6/12 10:48 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
wyldrose avatar
Date Posted: 11/15/2012 4:00 PM ET

I've been a member of Inbox Dollars for a long time. I am not totally dedicated to it but I do go there and click on the ads.I have recieved two checks from them so far. :) I go directly to their site instead of going to my email and click on the ads that I want and have done a few surveys if I am interested in them at the time. They have quite a few options to use to earn points..some I have taken advantage of. It takes a while to build up to $30 which is the amount you have to have in order to cash out. I always make sure I have over $30 because they take 3 or 4 off for processing fees. I would reccommend the site...it's free and you can go there when you want. :)