Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: **** JUNE WISHES ****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: **** JUNE WISHES ****
Date Posted: 5/31/2018 10:56 PM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards, or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits.  Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish.  You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 6/1/2018 8:32 AM ET

Happy June !!

My wishes this month are:

1) Surprises for Bob for Father's Day. He gets very little in the way of gifts from family and he always feels forgotten. He loves anything with a Michigan theme, anything deer or fishing related. And he can always use lotions for extremely dry skin.

2) Herbal teas ( fruity flavors please, no green tea)

Thanks everyone and have an awesome June !

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 6/1/2018 8:59 AM ET

Boxtops for Ed

Coupons for: Quattro razor blades (lady's razor),  listerine, Special K cereals,  Basic 4, bar soap, yogurt ( not Greek), Perrier water, Dasani sparkling water, flavored bottled waters, granola cereals, any brand kleenex (I know, I know 'facial issue'), almond milk (Silk or Almond Breeze), fabric softener.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/1/2018 1:27 PM ET

Votive size scented candles.

Coupons for:

• cheese: Market Pantry, Kraft, Sargento, Cracker Barrel, Tillamook
  • yogurt (not light or 0% fat): Chobani, Brown Cow, Fage, Noosa, Oui by Yoplait
  • whole wheat bread, hamburger buns, tortillas
  • whole bean coffee: Peets or Starbucks 
  • peanut butter: Laura Scudders or Adams 
  • Northern toilet paper
  • sour cream: Daisy, Knudsen, Market Pantry
  • sparkling water (no flavor or sweetener): Arrowhead, Pellegrino, Perrier
  • Nabisco cookies (Oreos and HoneyMaid graham crackers)
RoyalScatterbrain avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 6/1/2018 4:53 PM ET
  • old-discolored hardcover books
  • fabric remnants >cotton or linen, earthy colors<
  • fibers (threads, strands) any length
  • used dryer sheets
Bama-Booklover avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 6/1/2018 5:43 PM ET

Marlboro coupons for cartons

McDonald Happy Meal toys (current ones are Hasbro games, perfect for Christmas stockings)

Shower caps (plain ones, nothing fancy, I use them for pie covers)

Ink pens and pencils: Gently used are good

Notebooks/notepads/journals (Preferably that fit in a shoebox)

Starbucks Rewards Codes (code could be pmed to me)

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Last Edited on: 6/1/18 5:43 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/1/2018 8:22 PM ET

June wishes: art/craft supplies like markers,brushes,papers,ribbon etc  kitchen towels in any color or pattern,summer decor :ie dollar tree.We are moving into an apartment that is way over our budget but its the only thing that worked out in the time that we had so we will have a very tight budget.Would just like something bright and cheery.Thanks :)

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 6/2/2018 8:37 AM ET

I'd love to have some recent issues of Madd Magazine if anyone out there subscribes and is finished reading them. 
Could help with your decluttering efforts.

laugh

Roses723 avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 6/2/2018 11:47 AM ET

Coupons for Activia (or any lactose free yogurt), Lean Cuisine or Marie Callender's frozen meals, Icy Hot patches. 

Thanks for looking :)

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/2/2018 9:28 PM ET

Editing this because I was able to get the one church building sticker I needed. So..post back my usual sticker wish for cute teddy bears :) Thank you and God Bless you :)

Last Edited on: 6/12/18 7:27 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
seacat66 avatar
Date Posted: 6/3/2018 12:20 PM ET

my birthday is june 8th

americancheese avatar
Date Posted: 6/3/2018 2:45 PM ET

Polident Denture Cleaner coupons. I will use every one that I get.

Heather-and-Raven avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 6/3/2018 7:03 PM ET

Anything:

• Pandas
  • Unicorns

I'm moving in 2 weeks so it would be cool to have cute stuff in my NEW mailbox!

Silvercat avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 6/3/2018 10:39 PM ET

I am still looking for old jewelry, broken or whole, for making fantasy panels, small boxes,  and picture frames.   

Thanks for looking for me!

Last Edited on: 6/4/18 8:44 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Sheeplady avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 6/4/2018 3:05 PM ET

Wishes, and more of a reminder -  don't ever toss out stationery.! Several of us here are always on the look out for more. Yes, we actually write real letters!  Nice writing paper is getting harder to find. We will gladly take it off your hands.

For just me, I'm always glad for tote bags, like the reusable bags  you get at the grocery store.  I use them for groceries, recycling, lots of things. I never turn those down.

Always like new teas to try too.

Thanks, Pat

PS - how could I forget? Anything sheep - additions to the inside flock always welcome.

Last Edited on: 6/5/18 11:24 AM ET - Total times edited: 3
leecat2 avatar
Date Posted: 6/4/2018 5:08 PM ET

Burger King coupons that are good in New York state.

WingsPawsNMagick avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 6/13/2018 11:57 PM ET

FIFA 2018

anything ... 

remember 4 yrs ago i asked for FIFA

well here i am again

thank you

adopteesministry avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/15/2018 12:19 AM ET

I'm back after a long absence. Husband retired, sold our home and moved to a small place near the Gulf in FL. 2 miles from the beach! Snowbirds now and living at our summer cottage in IL.  Things I am currently saving.

# Small Dollhouse type miniatures for shadow box scenes

# Bible Verse Greeting Card fronts- especially Calligraphy type and Bible Verse memory cards-business card size or smaller.

#Vintage type stationery, note cards, Christian faith greeting cards

# Swedish/Norwegian folkart, stickers, notes, cards, paper art, Carl Larsson cards

# Cute buttons to sew on items with Kids or Baby themes, flowers, cute designs.

# Small miniature newer jewelry cardboard boxes- 

Last Edited on: 6/15/18 12:40 AM ET - Total times edited: 3
whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/18/2018 11:10 AM ET

Hi all!

I need prayers for my health right now.  Don't even have to tell me 'cause I will feel them.

License plates from anywhere except Mo or Ks

Any unloved, unwanted  or broken jewelry except clip earrings

Unwanted sy-fy or scary dvds

Plastic bags in small and extra small sizes, also clear bags like your throw-a-way newspaper comes in

catsrus59 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 6/21/2018 11:15 AM ET

Wishes:

Large print KJames Bible

any artificial flowers small or medium sized

Any good glue sticks

adhesive foam dots