Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Contemporary Fiction

Topic: Jacquelyn Mitchard

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Cosmina avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Jacquelyn Mitchard
Date Posted: 2/21/2014 9:31 PM ET

I just finished her book, Second Nature.  In it appears Beth and Vincent and the entire Cappadora family, who are also characters from The Deep End of the Ocean and No Time to Wave Goodby.  Does anyone know if any of the characters from DEOTO or NTtWG are in any other of her novels?   One of my favorite authors and The Breakdown Lane is one of my top ten novels

SanJoseCa avatar
Date Posted: 2/22/2014 3:35 PM ET

I thought THE DEEP END OF THE OCEAN was good, but I haven't read any of her other books.  Pamela, do you have one that you would recommend?

Jacquelyn Mitchard wrote a weekly newspaper "lifestyle" column about 10 years ago that I enjoyed alot....about marrage, kids, etc.

Cosmina avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/22/2014 9:07 PM ET

If you liked Deep End of the Ocean, I think you would really like the sequel, No Time to Wave Goodby.  Well, at least I did.  I thought the second one was so good!  And I like knowing what happened to people......

I really love her book, The Breakdown Lane.   I found the exploration of the characters motives and impulses due to personality very interesting.  

SanJoseCa avatar
Date Posted: 2/23/2014 3:22 PM ET

Wow!  I would like to know what happened to the Cappadora family!  2 more books to add to my (very long) list.