- "BACK TO BUCKHORN" by Lori Foster (Buckhorn Brothers #7) (A++++) (Kindle) For odd-girl-out Zoey Hodge, the best thing about Buckhorn, Kentucky, was leaving it behind, And now she's back - at least until she can nurse her mother back to health and hightail it out of there anew. But there's one person she doesn't mind seeing again. Garrett Hudson was one of the few who was always kind to her. Now he's a firefighter - still one of the good guys, but with a sexy alpha charm that's tempting her inner bad girl. In school, Zoey was smart, witty and unafraid to be herself, Garrett fell hard back then and he's falling even faster now. As far as he's concerned, there are all kinds of reasons Zoey should stick around. Her pet grooming business. Her mom, And the chance for him to prove that he can be her real-life hero in every way that matters.
- "OCEAN BEACH" by Wendy Wax (Do Over #2) (A+++++) Unlikely friends Madeline, Avery and Nicole have hit some speed bumps in their lives, but when they arrive in Miami's South Beach neighborhood, they are all hoping for a do-over. Literally. They've been hired to bring a once-grand historic house back to its former glory on a new television show called Do Over. If they can just get this show off the ground, Nikki could get back on her feet financially, Avery could restart her ruined career and Maddie would have a shot at keeping her family together. At least, that's the plan - until the women realize that their work broadcast is one thing; having their personal lives play out on TV is another thing entirely. Soon they are struggling to hold themselves and their project together. With a decades old mystery - and hurricane season - looming, the women are forced to figure out just how they'll weather life's storms.
- "BAREFOOT BY THE SEA" by Roxanne St. Claire (Barefoot Bay #4) (A+++++) When you think you know your heart's desire...can you give up all your dreams for love? Tessa Galloway is a gifted nurturer - her verdant garden at Barefoot Bay's new resort is living proof. If only the woman who can grow anything could grow what she wants most: a baby. Her friends think the right guy will come along, but Tessa doesn't want to wait. All she needs is the perfect donor to make her dream come true. Then John Brown is hired at the resort. If anyone could make beautiful babies, it's this gorgeous, mysterious man. So why does Tessa suddenly find herself wanting so much more? It's been three long years since John Brown had to live his old life. Forced into the witness protection program, he's desperate to be reunited with his toddler twins. When he gets that chance, there's a catch - he must prove he's got a steady job and a new wife. Landing a gig as chef in Barefoot Bay is easy enough. And falling for lovely Tessa is even easier. The hard part? Can he win the heart of a woman who prizes honesty - when the truth might shatter it?
- "THE LOVER'S KNOT" by Clare O'Donohue (New Author For Me) (Someday Quilts #1) (A++++) Young, hip and heartbroken - Nell picks up the pieces of her life and pieces together clues for an unsolved murder in the small town of Archers Rest. Nell Fitzgerald is thrilled when she receives a gorgeous handmade quilt in a lover's knot from her grandmother Eleanor as an engagement gift. Her joy is short-lived, however, when her fiance announces that he's calling off the wedding. Heartbroken, twenty-six-year-old Nell flees New York City for her grandmother's home in quaint Archers Rest. In this small town Eleanor's life revolves around her quilt shop, Someday Quilts, and the members of the shop's quilting circle. When the body of a local handyman known for his flirting is found in the quilt shop, murdered with a pair of scissors, Nell finds herself drawn into the case - and drawn to the handsome police chief. As a pattern of clues begins to emerge, one of the prime suspects is Nell's ex-fiance, whose arrival in Archers Rest seems suspicious. The ladies of the quilting circle continue to piece together their quilts as Nell unravels the mystery.
- "THE COUNTRY VET" by Eleanor Jones (New Author For Me) (A+++) She's got nothing in her kit to cure heartache. Veterinarian Cass Truman has just landed her first job, in England's Lake District and she's eager to specialize in caring for horses. Horse breeder Jake Munro could help her achieve this dream; for one thing, he could teach her to ride. Instead, he acts as if he can't stand her. At first, Cass is happy to return the sentiment - until she learns Jake has suffered a terrible loss. Cass finds herself drawn to the grieving man and the two bond over their shared affinity for horses. But while Cass can relieve an animal's suffering, she's not sure she can ease Jake's.
- "A TASTE OF LIBERTY" by Lisa Pietsch (New Author For Me) (Task Force 125 #2) (A++++) (Kindle) Sarah Steven finally has a life. Instead of the same old life with no man around who is worth the energy, now she has three! One she loves but cannot have, one she can have but cannot love and another who wants her and doesn't care if she loves him. What's a girl to do?
- "IF I SAY YES" by Brandy Jellum (New Author For Me) (Say Something #1) (A+++++) (Kindle) Elizabeth Lewis was the child of Hollywood's darling couple, until her father murdered her mother. Six years later, she has traded her flashy, luxurious lifestyle for one of safe anonymity as a literary agent. With a different name and appearance, Liza Winter is living the life of her dreams - one where she's known for who she is instead of what her father did. Except her apartment should be condemned, her car only starts when it wants, she hates the romance genre she has been assigned and the CEO's deliciously attractive nephew is out to ruin her carefully laid plans. Reid Harder has never met an obstacle he couldn't overcome. When his new position in the romance department comes with a benefit his uncle didn't mention, he decides to wage a war against the intelligent, beautiful Liza to destroy every argument she has for turning him down. Still, the closer he gets to winning the prize, the more he realizes that the woman is keeping secrets that may endanger not just her life but his. Will Liza overcome her mistrust of Reid to reveal her secrets before he learns the truth and walks away? Or will a grudge-wielding apparition from her past make her the next deadly Hollywood headline?
- "SWEET BABY" by Sharon Sala (A++++++) Little girl lost...It all happened a long time ago, so long ago that Tory Lancaster no longer remembers being a little girl who came home to an empty home. Tory is a woman now, trying to leave behind a legacy of abandonment and sorrow, desperate to love but forever afraid to trust. Only in Brett Hooker's arms does she find peace, but there's something Brett doesn't know, something even she doesn't know. A woman found...Tory is about to come face-to-face with her past, a past haunted by a mysterious tattooed man and the doll that was her only friend. With Brett's help she can meet the past head on - if it doesn't drive them apart. So many secrets, so little time and all for the love of...Sweet Baby.
- "SWEET SALT AIR" by Barbara Delinsky (A++++++) On Quinnipeague, hearts open under the summer stars and secrets float in the sweet salt air. Charlotte and Nicole were once the best of friends, spending summers together in Nicole's island house off the coast of Maine. But many years, and secrets, have kept the women apart. As a successful travel writer, single Charlotte lives on the road, while Nicole, a food blogger, keeps house in Philadelphia with her surgeon husband, Julian. When Nicole is commissioned to write a book about island food, she invites her old friend Charlotte back to Quinnipeague, for a final summer, to help, Outgoing and passionate, Charlotte has a gift for talking to people and making friends and Nicole could use her expertise for the interviews with locals. Missing a genuine connection, Charlotte agrees. But what both women don't know is that they are each holding something back that may damage their lives forever. For Nicole, what comes to light could destroy her marriage, but it could also save her husband. For Charlotte, the truth could cost her Nicole's friendship, but could also free her to love again. And her chance may lie with a reclusive local man, with a heart to soothe and troubles of his own.
- "NOT QUITE MINE" by Catherine Bybee (Not Quite #2) (A+++++) Her life is missing the love that only he can give, When Katelyn "Katie" Morrison attends her brother's wedding, the glamorous hotel heiress wonders if she'll ever find "the one"...especially when she sees her sexy-as-sin ex, Dean Prescott. After the nuptials, she's shocked to discover an infant girl on her doorstep. Deciding to keep the baby until she can locate the mother, Katie doesn't have the time - or the energy - for Dean's suspicions, But she still can't shake the longing she feels for him. While attending his best friend's wedding, Dean can't stop staring at Katie's sinful curves, He swore he'd never rep;eat the mistake of falling for her. Learning that Katie has a newborn. Dean knows there's more going on than Katie admits...just as he knows their attraction hasn't faded. But when he and Katie uncover the identity of the baby's mother, they may lose their second chance at love.
- "BLIND FAITH" by Rebecca Zanetti (Sin Brothers #3) (A+++++) (Kindle) A betrayal he couldn't forget, a love she couldn't deny. For Nate Dean, love is a four-letter word. As part of a secret black-ops military unit, he and his brothers were genetically engineer by the government to be ruthless soldiers with an expiration date. They were loyal only to one another...until Nate laid eyes on the woman who stole his heart and blew his world apart. Now, years, later, his family is still paying the price for his mistake. But as time runs out, there's only person who can save his family - the very woman Nate swore he'd never trust again, The moment Audrey Madison spies Nate across a crowded ballroom, she can barely breathe. He's just as undeniably sexy as she remembers, yet there's an edge to him now that's as irresistible as it is dangerous. When he asks for her help, Audrey can't refuse. But she has secrets of her own - secrets that, if Nate ever discovers them, may cost them both their lives.
- "MARRIED BY MONDAY" by Catherine Bybee (Weekday Brides #2) (A+++++) Carter Billings - Sandy blond hair and Hollywood good looks, Carter Billings could have any woman he wants. However, when he makes his bid for the Governor's seat in the state of California, he needs to settle down and become a family man. Eliza, the woman he secretly adores, embodies the perfect amount of spice and passion to suit his marital needs, but she's not interested in becoming Mrs. Billings. She can't even stand to be in the same room with him. Eliza Havens - It's much easier to drive Carter away, than to give into desires. Matching couples is how she earns a living, but getting married isn't an option. The secrets she carries are too dangerous to entangle anyone else. When her hidden identity and past threaten her future, she's left with little choice. Carter is quick to offer solutions to both their problems, but saying yes could mean endangering the man she's growing to love.
- "EVENING STARS" by Susan Mallery (Blackberry Island #3) (A+++++) Small-town nurse Nina Wentworth has made a career out of being a caretaker. More "Mom" than their mother ever was, she sacrificed medical school - and her first love - so her sister could break free. Which is why she isn't exactly thrilled to see Averil back on Blackberry Island, especially when Nina's life has suddenly become...complicated. Nina unexpectedly finds herself juggling two men - her high school sweetheart and a younger maverick pilot who wants to claim her heart. But as fun as all this romance is, Nina has real life to deal with, Averil doesn't seem to want the great guy she's married to and doesn't seem to be making headway writing her first book, their mom is living life just as recklessly as she always has and Nina's starting to realize that the control she once had is slipping out of her fingers. Her hopes of getting off the island seem to be stretching further away...until her mother makes a discovery that could change everything forever. But before Nina and Averil can reach for the stars, they have to decide what they want. Will Averil stay? Will Nina leave? And what about the men who claim to love them? Does love heal or will finding their happy ending mean giving up all they've ever wanted?
- "SADDLED AND SPURRED" by Lorelei James (Blacktop Cowboys #2) (A+++++) This beauty is no greenhorn - and she's about to rope in the man of her dreams. Cattleman Bran Turner has been left shorthanded and rural Wyoming isn't exactly a hotbed of job seekers. In fact, his only applicant is Harper Masterson, the town's pampered former beauty queen. With no other options, he reluctantly hires her- even if the curvy cowgirl does get under his skin. Harper's getting a kick out of proving Bran wrong and showing him she's qualified to pull calves, feed livestock and handle backbreaking chores. But the hard-bodied cowboy isn't all work and no horseplay. And when their nights start heating up, Harper realizes they might just be perfect for each other after all.
- "THE GLORY OF GREEN" by Judy Pace Christie (Green #4) (A++++++) The winds of change blow into Green, Louisiana! With wedding plans well underway, Lois Barker plots to gracefully get rid of her groom's catfish collection - stuffed, ceramic, woven. Her husband-to-be, Chris, on the other hand, has decided to get rid of something else: his homestead, which he gives to a needy Mexican family at church. Life is full of possibilities and the community of Green is tickled pink that their newspaper owner is settling down with one of their own. However, the beloved small-town journalist is about to be blown away - by tragedy and by the grace that enfolds her in her in her third year in Green, Louisiana.
- "ALL BEAUTIFUL THINGS" by Nicki Salcedo (New Author For Me) (A++++) (Kindle) The scars. She'll never forgive her attacker. Seven years ago, a knife-wielding stranger left socialite Ava Camden for dead on the sidewalk of an upscale Atlanta restaurant. She survived, but her face was brutally scarred. The police, the courts, and the powerful Camden family pinned the assault on only one suspect: Joel Sapphire, a twenty-year-old star athlete on the cusp of a pro football career. Too drunk to remember any details, Joel was found over Ava's body, holding the bloody weapon. The letters. His brother is her only hope for the truth. Graham Sapphire grew up fighting on the city's tough south side and he'll never let the Camden's crush his family. Now a wealthy hotelier, he's determined to clear his brother's name - and to find the monster responsible for Ava's scars. Graham started writing to Ava the day his brother entered prison, asking her to give him a chance and offering his help. She never answered - but she never stopped reading. The secrets. The truth may destroy them both. Now Joel has been paroled, only to vanish before Graham can reach him. Is he lurking in the shadows or on the run from death threats? Ava is the lure that will bring him back, but she's not alone in the fight. Graham will give his life - and even his brother's - to protect her. The bond between them is hot, tender and almost as dangerous as the hunter who waits in the shadows of the city's darkest streets.
- "RUNNING WILD" by Sarah McCarty (A+++++) "DONOVAN" (Wild #1) He is a Protector - and his directive is to bring the pack Alpha home and nothing more. But when Donovan catches the sexy scent of Lisa Delaney, he's hers, body and soul - and ready to risk both on an erotic desire that will shatter all boundaries. "KELON" (Wild #2) Kelon likes his life as the biggest, baddest Protector of his pack. He fully intends to go back to his pack after he helps Donovan out, but he never counted on the voluptuous distraction of Robin Delaney. Soft, sweet and sexy, Robin is the woman who can make him forget duty and contemplate a choice no werewolf should ever have to make. "WYATT" (Wild #3) In a pack where only the strong can lead and any weakness is exploited, Wyatt can't afford to be attracted to the ever practical, completely human Heather Delaney. Not with her trim body, fiery temper and lush mouth. Heather isn't a woman a man ignores - no matter what the cost.
- "CHRISTMAS BLISS" by Mary Kay Andrews (Savannah #6) (A+++++) (unabridged audio CD) Christmas is coming, but Savannah antique dealer Eloise "Weezie" Foley's holiday season is turning out to be full of distractions. Her wedding to her longtime love Daniel Stipanek, is fast approaching and he's away working as the guest chef at a New York restaurant while she's trying to temper the extravagant tastes of her good friends-turned-wedding planners, Cookie and Manny. Meanwhile, her best friend and maid of honor, BeBe Loudermilk, is due to give birth any day - and is still adamantly refusing to marry her live-in-love, Harry(for reasons known only to BeBe). When Weezie, reluctantly and with a push from BeBe, drops everything to visit Daniel, her first trip to New York turns out to be more than she bargained for.
- "FIANCE BY FRIDAY" by Catherine Bybee (Weekday Brides #3) (A+++++) Gwen Harrison - The high-born daughter of an English duke, Gwen boasts beauty, blue blood...and an all-consuming desire for her bodyguard, enigmatic Neil MacBain, She came to America to run her sister-in-law's matchmaking firm, But who's to say she can't dream of her own perfect match? Neil MacBain - Retired marine Neil thought he'd buried the ghosts of his past long ago. But when they return to threaten his new life, Neil's gorgeous client Gwen is caught in the crossfire. Now, keeping her safe means keeping her close, in his arms - and in his bed. For as danger ignites, so does their passion.
- "STRADDLING THE LINE" by Jaci Burton (Play By Play #8) (A++++) Trevor Shay has it all - a successful football and baseball career and any woman he wants. But when he finds out his college mentor's daughter is in trouble, he drops everything to come to her aid. Haven Briscoe has finally landed a dream job as a sportscaster for a major network. But she hasn't been able to move past the recent death of her beloved father and it's affecting her career. A plum assignment following the daily life of sports superstar Trevor Shay might be just the inspiration she needs. Trevor will do anything to spark the life back into Haven, including letting her into every aspect of his world. The chemistry between them flames higher than one of Trevor's home runs and faster than his dashes to the end zone. But as they grow closer, Haven stumbles onto Trevor's closely guarded secret, one he's hidden his entire life. And despite his protests, now it's Haven's turn to put everything on hold to help Trevor. Will he let her in and trust her with a secret that could blow his professional and personal world apart?
- "TEXAS TWO STEP" by Cynthia D'Alba (New Author For Me) (Texas Montgomery Mavericks #1) (A++++++) Their love never died, but her secrets could break his trust beyond repair. After six years and too much self-recrimination, rancher Mitch Landry is ready to admit he was wrong. He'd loved Olivia Montgomery but commitment wasn't high on his list back then. That was his first mistake. He's just discovered his second and he's set to do whatever it takes to convince Olivia to give him another try. Through hard work, determination and more than a few tears, Olivia survived the break-up with Mitch. She's rebuilt her life around her business and the son she loves more than life itself. She's not proud of the mistakes she's made - particularly the secrets she's kept - but when life hands you manure, you use it to make something better of yourself...lest you get stuck in it. At a hot, muggy Dallas wedding, they reconnect. Olivia's first instinct is to play it cool, but after one devastating kiss things flare real out of control, real fast. Maybe a quick roll in the hay will get him out of her system once and for all. Funny thing about hay though, once it's tangled in your hair, getting it out risks revealing things that were never meant to see the light of day.
- "OLEANDER HOUSE" by Ally Blue (Bay City Paranormal Investigations #1) (A++++) When Sam Raintree goes to work for Bay City Paranormal Investigations, he expects his quite life to change - he doesn't expect to put his life and sanity on the line, or to fall for a man he can never have. Sam Raintree has never been normal. All his life, he's experienced things he can't explain. Things that have colored his view of the world and of himself. So taking a job as a paranormal investigator seems like a perfect fit. His new co-workers, he figures, don't have to know he's gay. When Sam arrives at Oleander House, the site of his first assignment with Bay City Paranormal Investigations, nothing is what he expected. The repetitive yet exciting work, the unusual and violent history of the house, the intensely erotic and terrifying dreams which plague his sleep. But the most unexpected thing is Dr. Bo Broussard, the group's leader. From the moment they meet, Sam is strongly attracted to his intelligent, alluring boss. It doesn't take Sam long to figure out that although Bo has led a heterosexual life, he is very much in the closet and wants Sam as badly as San wants him. As the investigation of Oleander House progresses and paranormal events in the house escalate, Sam and Bo circle warily around their mutual attraction, until a single night of bloodshed and revelation changes their lives forever.
- "NOT QUITE ENOUGH" by Catherine Bybee (Not Quite #3) (A++++++) Can a sexy pilot's dazzling smile melt the Ice Queen? Monica Mann has made it her life's work to save lives. After an earthquake and tsunami hit the shores of Jamaica, she volunteers her trauma skills with Borderless Nurses. Calculating and methodical, she creates order out of whatever chaos she finds. Until she finds the perpetually barefoot, impossibly masculine Trent Fairchild. No one can pin him down. No, really. He's a pilot and manages a small fleet of choppers on his adopted island home. Hopelessly drawn to one another, they manage to slip away from the wreckage of the storms to get a little closer. And they get a lot closer than expected when aftershocks from the earthquake trap them in their own life-or-death scenario. Paradise has brought them together. Now will it tear them apart?
- "HOME TO SEAVIEW KEY" by Sherryl Woods (Seaview Key #2) (A+++++) Falling for a handsome stranger on the very morning they meet is hardly what recently divorced Abby Miller planned for her return to Seaview Key. Hoping to mend an old friendship and to give back to the community she loves, Abby's definitely not looking for love. For ex-soldier Seth Landry, Seaview Key seems like the perfect place to heal a broken heart...eventually. And when he rescues a beautiful woman on the beach, his nightmares about the past are eclipsed by daydreams about the future. Neither Abby nor Seth is looking for forever, but powerful love has its own timetable. And taking a chance on the future will test their courage in ways neither of them could possibly have anticipated.
- "FOUR FRIENDS" by Robyn Carr (A+++++) Gerri can't decide what's more devastating: learning her rock-solid marriage has big cracks, or the anger she feels as she tries to repair them. Always the anchor for friends and her three angst-ridden teenagers, it's time to look carefully at herself. The journey is more than revealing - it's transforming. Andy doesn't have a great track record with men and she's come to believe that a lasting love is out of reach. When she finds herself attracted to her down-to-earth contractor - a man without any of the qualities that usually appeal to her - she questions everything she thought she wanted in life. Sonja's lifelong pursuit of balance is shattered when her husband declares he's through with her New Age nonsense and walks out. There's no herbal tonic or cleansing ritual that can restore her serenity - or her sanity. Miraculously, it's BJ, the reserved newcomer to Mill Valley, who steps into their circle and changes everything. The woman with dark secrets opens up to her neighbors and together they get each other back on track, stronger as individuals and unfaltering as friends.
- "STRANGER'S SECRETS" by Beth Williamson (Plum Creek #3) (A+++++) Betrayed by her own heart. Sarah Spalding has learned to forge her own way and never to trust anyone - least of all a Yankee, but when her companion abandons her while on a trail to Colorado, Sarah begrudgingly accepts the help of Whitman Kendrick - a Yankee, yes, but one with the most bewitching green eyes. Allowing Whit to be her traveling escort is one thing, taking him for a love is another - even though she's tempted beyond reason. Whit Kendrick isn't quite sure what to make of the sharp-tongued, sassy woman sharing his train compartment. All he knows is that Sarah is refreshingly different from most women - and his urgent, primal attraction for her is unlike any he's experienced. Breaking down Sarah's wall of defense won't be easy. But Whit is determined to prove to Sarah that they're more alike than different - and loving each other is all they need.
- "SINGLE BY SATURDAY" by Catherine Bybee (Weekday Brides #4) (A+++++) Karen Jones - the petite blonde married a Hollywood star, yet she's the one who spends every day playing a part: the part of a happy wife. A year ago, she agreed to wed a famous actor to difuse rumors about his personal life. Now, her divorce sits just around the corner, along with a five million dollar payout. However, as she prepares to exit her fake marriage gracefully, her drop-dead-gorgeous brother-in-law walks through the door...and into her heart. Zack Gardner - Dark-haired, blue-eyed hunk crashes Michael and Karen's fancy one-year anniversary party, determined to meet the wife his brother hid from their family. But sparks fly the moment he and Karen see each other. When the famous couple decides to visit the whole Gardner clan, Karen must keep Michael's secret under wraps in front of his questioning relatives...including Zach, the man who could be the real love of her life.
- "FOX RIVER" by Emilie Richards (A+++++) In Virginia horse country, family roots go deep. Secrets go even deeper. An artist's sudden blindness is diagnosed as psychological trauma - but what is it she doesn't want to see? An innocent man is released after nine years in jail for a murder he didn't commit. In a community of millionaires and the people who serve them, a drama of scandal, secrets and murder is about to be exposed. Daughter of a legendary Virginia hunt master and aristocrat, Julia Warwick grew up in a world where Thoroughbreds and fox hunting are passions, not pastimes. Julia found her own passion in Christian Carver, a talented young horse trainer. But when a beautiful heiress is murdered and Christian is convicted of the crime, a pregnant desperate Julia marries a friend who offers solace. Now, though blindness darkens her world, it opens her eyes to hidden truths. About her husband, her family, her friends and the man she loved. And as the story starts to emerge, a forgotten memory begins to return, a mystery comes to light...and two lovers torn apart by forces they couldn't control face each once and for all.
- "FREEDOM'S PROMISE" by Lisa Pietsch (Task Force 125 #3) (A++++) (Kindle) When a CIA operative is captured nobody is ever sent to save him. Seasoned paramilitary operative Vince Hennessee knew the risks but the only way he could move on with the life he planned with Sarah Stevens was to put down Nikolai Federov once and for all. What he didn't expect was that Nikolai would find him first. Now it is up to Sarah and the rest of the American Swift team from Task Force 125 to find Nikolai and put together an armed strike force that can take out the Russian and rescue Vince before it is too late.
- "BEFORE WE KISS" by Susan Mallery (Fool's Gold #14) (A+++++) Fool's Gold, California, where it's true that sometime you have to kiss a few frogs. Former pro-football kicker Sam Ridge has notoriously bad luck with women - from cheaters to fame chasers. Still, the gorgeous brunette at the bar in Fool's Gold looks harmless - until she takes him home and he discovers a room devoted to securing a man, for life. Dellina Hopkins never guessed that storing gowns from a friend's bridal boutique would chase away her first and only fling. After her parents died, she skipped her "wild youth" to raise her sisters. She doesn't want forever from Sam, but one night - all night - would have been nice. His clean getaway gets messy when his firm hires Dellina to plan an event. As long hours lead to late nights, the two succumb to temptation again. Has Sam's luck finally changed? Or this time, will Dellina be the one to run?
- "MAKE MINE A BAD BOY" by Katie Lane (Deep in the Heart of Texas #2) (A+++++) There's a new bride in town! Hope Scroggs is finally ready to get hitched. After years of sowing her wild oats, the former head cheerleader and homecoming queen has returned to Bramble, Texas, to marry her high school flame. But her perfect wedding plans are stomped to smithereens when her adoring cowboy two-steps down the aisle with someone else. Now Hope is stuck with the one man from her past she can't shake: Colt Lomax, an irresistible bad boy who sultry kisses are hotter than the Panhandle in August. Colt lives for freedom and the open road; he never gets attached, never looks back. Still, he can't forget the night of passion he once shared with Bramble's sweetheart - a night he wouldn't mind repeating. So, he piles on the Texas charm to tease the feisty beauty back into his bed, while she tries her darnedest to resist. But something unexpected is about to tie their fates together...and oh, baby, will it ever!
- "DARK SLAYER" by Christine Feehan (Carpathians #20) (abridged audio CD) (A++++) The dark destiny of a betrayed woman. The terrifying fate of a cursed man, Now, after a century of longing, the instinct for survival has united them. A rumor has persisted in the vampire world of a dark slayer - a woman - who travels with a wolf pack and who destroys any vampire who crosses her path. Mysterious, elusive and seemingly impossible to kill, she is the one hunter who strikes terror in the hearts of the undead. She is Ivory Malinov. Her only brethren - the wolves. Long ago betrayed by her people, abandoned by her family and cast out by everyone she held dear, Ivory has lived centuries without companionship or love. She has sustained her sanity by preparing for one mission - to destroy her greatest enemy. That is, until the night she picks up the scent of a man, her unexpected salvation. Her lifemate. The curse of all Carpathian women. He is Razvan. Branded a criminal, detested and feared, he is a Dragonseeker from one of the greatest Carpathian lineages, yet he has been raised as its most despised enemy. Fleeing from his lifetime of imprisonment, Razvan seeks the dawn to end his terrible existence. Instead he finds his deliverance in the Dark Slayer. In spirit, in flesh and blood, in love and in war, Ivory and Razvan are made for each other. For as long as they dare to live.
- "THE LOOK OF LOVE" by Bella Andre (The Sullivan's #1) (A++++) Sometimes one look is all it takes. Chloe Peterson has vowed never to make the mistake of trusting a man again. Her reasons are as vivid as the bruises on her cheek. So when her car skids off a wet country road straight into a ditch, she's convinced the gorgeous guy who rescues her must be too good to be true. As a successful international photographer, Chase Sullivan has his pick of beautiful women. He's satisfied with his life - until he finds Chloe and her totaled car on the side of the road in Napa Valley. With every loving look - every sinfully sweet caress - the attraction between them sizzles and Chloe can't help but wonder if she's met the man who may be the exception to her rule.
- "UNSPEAKABLE" by Laura Griffin (Tracers #2) (A+++++) Elaina McCord wants to find a killer, but he's already found her. Elaina McCord's dream of being an FBI profiler is threatened by her very first case - investigating a string of murders near a Texas beach resort. The victims, all young women, were drugged and brutally murdered, their bodies abandoned in desolate marshland. Elaina's hunch - met with disbelief by local police - is that these are only the latest offerings from a serial killer who has been perfecting his art for years, growing bolder and more cunning with each strike. True-crime writer Troy Stockton has a reputation as an irresistible playboy who gets his story at any cost. He's the last person Elaina should trust, let alone be attracted to. But right now Troy, along with the elite team of forensics experts known as the Tracers, is her only ally in a case that's turning dangerously personal. A killer is reaching out to Elaina, taunting her, letting her know how ruthless he is and how close he's getting. Now it's not just her career that's in jeopardy - it's her life.
- "POWER PLAY" by Deirdre Martin (New York Blades #7) (A++++) They were acting when they met. They dated under false pretenses. But their attraction was all too real. As a leading soap opera actress, Monica Geary is good at faking it. But pretending to fall for NHL star and notorious playboy Eric Mitchell is going to be her hardest role ever. Yet she has no choice, for she desperately needs an edge in order to maintain the daytime diva status. Eric Mitchell is a man in demand. First he was traded to save the New York Blades and now the publicity department has loaned him out to help boost Monica Geary's career. What no one knows is that one of People magazine's hottest bachelors is also a soap opera fan. He's had his eyes on Monica for years - and can't wait to get his arms around her.
- "SWEET SEDUCTION" by Maya Banks (Sweet #3) (A+++++) He was the stuff erotic dreams are made of, she was everything he dreamed of. Salon owner Julie Stanford has wanted Nathan Tucker ever since she gave him his first massage. Getting paid to feel every inch of his body, stripped, oiled and spread out in front of her...the stuff dreams are made of. But the sexy guy was oblivious to the signals she was sending - until she finished off his final rubdown with something extra. Unfortunately, he came around too late. Now Julie's moving on. The woman was driving him crazy. She lit fire to his insides, then ran like a scalded cat. And now she's going to someone else to have all her fantasies fulfilled? Over his dead body. He's more than willing to give her what she wants and as soon as he pins the little minx down, he'll show her his own brand of sweet seduction.
- "TEXAS TWO STEP: THE PREQUEL" by Cynthia D'Alba (Texas Montgomery Mavericks Prequel) (Kindle) (A++++) Go back to the where it all began. When Olivia Montgomery met Mitch Landry and their lives were changed forever.
- "PATRICK'S DESTINY" by Sherryl Woods (The Devaney's #4) (A+++++) Can love conquer all? Devastated by the terrible family secret, Patrick Devaney put a No Trespassing sign on his battered heart and shut out the world. Then Alice Newberry, who had her own wounds to heal, burst into his life and coaxed him out of hiding with her red-hot kisses. Alice's soft brown eyes saw right through Patrick's defenses to the sorrow he'd tried to bury. The enchanting kindergarten teacher taught him a powerful lesson about love and forgiveness and encouraged him to hope again. But before he could truly claim Alice as his own, Patrick had to face the greatest challenge of his life - his past.
- "FIRE AND ICE" by J.A. Jance (Joanna Brady #13) (J.P. Beaumont #18) (A+++++) Beaumont and Brady are back! Seattle investigator J.P. Beaumont is working a series of murders in which six young women have been wrapped in tarps, doused with gasoline and set on fire. At the same time, thousands of miles away in the Arizona desert, Cochise County Sheriff Joanna Brady is looking into a homicide in which the elderly caretaker of an ATV park was run over and left to die. Then a breakthrough in Beaumont's case leads him directly to the Southwest and into Brady's jurisdiction. As the threads of their two seemingly separate cases wind together, Beaumont and Brady must put aside echoes of their shared past as they are once again drawn into an orbit of deception. Except this time it's not just their own lives that are in danger, but those of the people closest to them.
CURRENTLY READING -
- "Miracle Road" by Emily March (Eternity Springs #7)
- "Haunting Ellie" by Patti Berg (Kindle)
- "Feeling Hot" by Elle Kennedy (Out of Uniform #7)
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO -
- "The Collector" by Nora Roberts
Last Edited on: 8/1/14 12:19 AM ET - Total times edited: 62