- "SWEET TEMPTATION" by Maya Banks (Sweet #4) (A+++++) He was a by-the-book cop who broke all the rules in the bedroom...she was willing to do anything to make him see the woman she'd become. Micah Hudson has painful secrets he's tried hard to run fun. He has new friends and a new life, but he's about to be confronted with the one person who reminds him of all he's tried to forget - Angelina, the sister of his oldest friend, David. She knows everything about Micah's past, including how he and David fell in love with the same woman and how they decided that the best way to prevent her from tearing them apart was to share her. But then a terrible accident left Micah alone. Micah lost the two people who meant the most to him. Angelina lost her only family. And she's keep her deepest secret close to her heart: her love for Micah. No longer willing to wait, she decides it's time to go after him and bring him to his knees. She knows his secrets, his desires, his kinks and fetishes and she'll use whatever it takes to reel him in. Beneath Micah's easygoing exterior lies a man with dark needs and passions. She can give him what he wants...but will he decide she's what he needs?
- "SIMON SAYS" by Lori Foster (SBC Fighters #2) (A+++++) With his perfectly chiseled, lava-hot body, Simon Evans, an ex-fighter, also has a perfect life - great job, great girl and more than enough dough. All that changes though, when he catches his girlfriend cheating. To shake things up, Simon goes full force back into the ring, ready to take his rage out on his opponents. To make matters worse, the father who walked out on Sion and his mom eons ago wants to be back in the picture. He's hired his stepdaughter, Dakota, to find Simon. Hot on Simon's heels, the gutsy Dakota puts love on the back burner. But when attempts are made on her life, Simon steps in to protect her, putting both of their hearts on the line.
- "UNFADED GLORY" by Sara Arden (Home to Glory #2) (A++++) (New Author For Me) In Glory, Kansas, a fairy-tale wedding has local tongues wagging. But through his fake engagement, can a wounded warrior and the woman he's protecting find true love? Byron Hawkins doesn't want to be responsible for anyone ever again. The former Black Ops soldier is better at taking lives than saving them. But on a mission in Tunisia to deliver a package to safety, Byron i dismayed to find that the precious cargo is actually a hostage rescue and that his orders are to take Damara Patrakis back to US soil and hide her in plain sight - as his newlywed wife. Back in Byron's hometown of Glory, Kansas, petite, fierce Damara keeps surprising him; she may be royalty, but she's fully in martial arts and will sacrifice anything for her country. As the town rallies around the returning hero and his bride-to-be, he's finding that it's way too easy to play the part and after the hell he has seen, that terrifies him Byron didn't want another life to save, but the passionate beauty he's sworn to protect might just turn the tables and save him instead.
- "LOVING LIES" by Lora Leigh (Men of Summer #1) (A++++) Slade was Jessie's life, the first love that filled her heart and soul and bound her woman's spirit. Years of waiting culminating in an incredible weekend of sexual abandon - teaching her everything she needed to know to be his woman and branded her as Slade's woman for life. Jessie was certain Slade had to love her. Until he whispered the lie, the ultimate betrayal and walked away only to wed another woman. Now five years later Slade returns, his soul has withered without Jessie's presence and now he'll have her one way or the other. The love for her, the fierce overriding hunger and need consumes his heart and binds his soul. No matter the obstacles, Slade will get her back. What ever it takes. Whatever he has to do.
- "VIPERS RUN" by Stephanie Tyler (Skull's Creek #1) (A++++) The Vipers Motorcycle Club has strict rules for their brotherhood and the women who enter it. Now one Viper is about to find out how much trouble one woman can be. Former Army Ranger Christian Cage Owens joined the Vipers Motorcycle Club for its sense of brotherhood. In return, he pledged to live outside the law, protecting club members and their families, as well as keeping other MCs out of Skulls Creek. But when Cage discovers a rival MC - one Cage has an all to familiar past with - plans to push meth into his town, he calls an old Army buddy turned private investigator, who's helped the Vipers in the past. By doing so, Cage endangers both his friend and Calla Benson, a woman who works in the PI's office. Now he's made it his mission to track Calla down and do whatever it takes to protect her. Thanks to a phone call from Cage, Calla knows she's formed a deep connection to a dangerous man. She quickly discovers that although he may live by a different set of rules, Cage is an honorable man who wants to be more than her protector - if only she can accept his dangerous lifestyle. But Calla comes to Skulls Creek with her own set of secrets...secrets that threaten to tear her and Cage - and the Vipers MC - apart. As they put their newfound love to the ultimate test, Cage will risk everything he caress about to save her.
- "INTEREST OF JUSTICE" by Nancy Taylor Rosenberg (New Author For Me) (A+++++) Judge Lara Sanderstone is a brilliant young woman whose judicial career suddenly takes second place to her hunt for the savage murderer of her sister and brother-in-law. The hideous crime leaves Lara with responsibility for a bitterly unmanageable teenage nephew and she herself is being stalked by a killer who provides not the slightest clue as to identity or motive. To add to the terror, she can find no safe haven; Not in the California courtroom where an ongoing case of child abuse is putting the law on trial. Not in the arms of a high-powered lawyer for whom she has no heart. Not in the condo where she is trying to hide. With her life hanging by an unraveling thread, Lara puts her trust in a tough homicide detective to whom she is compellingly drawn...and mobilizes her fierce intelligence to bring down the violent and powerful forces behind a lucrative breeding ground for murder - before they bring her down.
- "WRITTEN IN MY HEART'S OWN BLOOD" by Diana Gabaldon (Outlander #8) (A++++++) (unabridged Audible) In June of 1778, the world turns upside-down. The British army withdraws from Philadelphia, George Washington prepares to move from Valley Force in pursuit and Jamie Fraser comes back from the dead to discover that his best friend has married Jamie's wife. The ninth Earl of Ellesmere discovers to his horror that he is in fact the illegitimate son of the newly-resurrected Jamie Frazer (a rebel and a Scottish criminal!) and Jamie's nephew Ian Murray discovers that his new -found cousin has an eye for Ian's Quaker betrothed Meanwhile, Claire Fraser deals with an asthmatic duke, Benedict Arnold and the fear that one of her husbands may have murdered the other. And in the 20th century, Jamie and Claire's daughter Brianna is thinking that things are probably easier in the 18th century: her son has been kidnapped, her husband has disappeared into the past and she's facing a vicious criminal with nothing but a stapler in her hand. Fortunately, her daughter has a miniature cricket bat and her mother's pragmatism.
- "SNOWED IN" by Cassie Miles (New Author For Me) (A++++) Rescuing a beautiful woman from four armed men wasn't how Blake Randall planned to spend his army leave. But as chief security detail at his best friend's wedding, the ranger's mission is just beginning. A blizzard has cut off Sarah Bentley's Colorado B&B from the outside world, trapping them with a killer. Snowed in with the rugged stranger who already saved her life once, Sarah has no choice but to trust Blake. As passion ignites, she realizes he's more than a strong shoulder to lean on. With danger escalating, it's time to listen to what her heart's telling her: with Blaake by her side she an survive anything.
- "COWBOY'S LIKE US" by Vicki Lewis Thompson (Sons of Chance #6) (A+++++) Real cowboys aren't born, they're made...Logan Carswell has just kissed his professional baseball career goodbye. Goodbye dreams, career and future. For now, though, he's working at the Last Chance Ranch and the town saloon, where sexy bartender Caro Davis is definitely taking his mind off hi troubles. Caro's days have been so hectic, she's forgotten all about the finer aspects of life. Like men. And sex. And really smokin'-hot sex with men like Logan. But when their two worlds collide - and boy do they ever collide - they both realize that once the gear is off, a cowboy is still a cowboy! "NOTORIOUS" by Vicki Lewis Thompson (A++++++) Years ago, wild child Keely Branscom shocked her hometown by posing nude. But she'd been under rancher Noah Garfield's skin long before then - ever since that painful night Keely kissed him...and he pushed her away. When Keely runs into Noah in Las Vegas, she figures the time for revenge is at hand! She has the perfect plan to inflict a heap of sexually charged retribution on Noah...and this time it's his turn to be rejected. But as Keely's seduction starts yielding some steamy results, she realizes that this time, the notorious wild child is in serious trouble!
- "CIRCLE OF DECEPTION" by Carla Swafford (The Circle #3) (A++++) After disappearing days before her wedding to fellow Circle agent Rex Drago, Abby Rodriguez discovered that trying to reclaim a life - and a love - lot is a whole lot harder than she thought. When her family's safety is threatened by an arms dealer, Abby must go undercover with the one man who sees right through her as they play the scariest roles yet: husband and wife. Mission or no mission, Rex Drago wants answers from his ex-fiancee. Forced to play along as a rival arms dealer and the husband he once wanted to be, Rex is finding it hard to stay professional - especially since Abby is just as hot as ever. And when they find themselves in a very intimate position, Abby and Rex must act the part - or risk blowing their cover entirely.
- "SLEIGH BELLS IN VALENTINE VALLEY" by Emma Cane (Valentine Valley #5) (A++++++) When Tony De Luca's ex, Kate Fenelli, waltzes through the door of his tavern and pulls up a bar stool, she turns his balanced world on end. Once they'd been each other's first love, first everything. But then life happened and they walked away with broken hearts. Now Kate i back in Valentine and they can't seem to stay out of each other's way. When Tony begins wondering what would happen if they rekindled the sparks, he knows he's in big trouble. Kate can't believe she's sitting at Tony's bar spilling her life-changing problems to him. He's as gorgeous as ever and she can't seem to forget how incredible he always made her feel. Still, the door on that chapter of their lives closed long ago. Yet with Christmas buzzing in the air, Kate can't help wondering if anything is possible - even a second chance with the only man she's ever loved.
- "SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE" by Rachel Gibson (Chinook's Hockey Team #1) (A+++++) Georgeanne Howard, charm school graduate and Southern belle extraordinaire, leaves her fiance at the altar when she realizes she just can't marry a man old enough to be her grandfather, no matter how rich he is. John Kowalsky unknowingly helps her escape and only when it's too late does he realize that he's absconded with his boss's bride. At the height of his hockey career, this bad boy isn't looking to be anybody's savior but his own, no matter how beautiful this angel may be. But a long night stretches ahead of them - a night to sultry to resist temptation. When Georgeanne and John meet again, she's on her way to becoming Seattle's domestic darling and he is past his hellraising days. But he is shocked to learn that their single unforgettable night in paradise produced a daughter; and he is determined to be a part of her life. Georgeanne has loved John since the moment she jumped into his little red Corvette seven years ago, but she doesn't want to risk her heart again. Is he really a changed man? And will he risk he wrath of his bos and one final chance at glory to prove that this time his love will be everlasting?
- "LIGHT OF DAY" by Lisa Jackson "MYSTIC" (A++++) Savannah Beaumont once loved Travis McCord, but then Travis left her to marry someone else. Now, nine years later, Travis has returned to the Beaumonts' California ranch to confront Savannah's father about his suspicious political ambitions and the Beaumont family legacy. Jilted once before, Savannah is determined to keep Travis at a distance, but when he comes to her, desperate for her help, she'll have no choice but to risk her heart once more. "RENEGADE SON" (A+++) With devious enemies, a rebellious child and a ranch that's slowly being sabotaged, Danielle Summers has good reason to keep her guard up. But no amount of caution could have prepared her for the devastating charms of Chase McEnroe. Sure, Case was after her land - at first - but when his plans to seduce Dani are unexpectedly fueled by genuine desire, the confirmed bachelor will have to decide between a life on the take and one where his own heart gets stolen.
- "TREACHERY IN DEATH" by J.D. Robb (In Death #32) (A++++++) Detective Eve Dallas and her partner, Peabody, are following up on a senseless crime - an elderly grocery owner killed by three stoned punks for nothing more than kicks and snacks. This is Peabody's first case as primary detective - good thing she learned from the master. But Peabody soon tumbles upon a trickier situation. After a hard workout, she's all alone in the locker room when the gym door clatters open; and - while hiding inside a shower stall trying not to make a sound - she overhears two fellow officers, Garnet and Oberman arguing. It doesn't take long to realize they're both crooked - guilty of not just corruption but of murder. Now Peabody, Eve and Eve's husband, Roarke, are trying to get the hard evidence they need to bring the dirty cops down - knowing all the while that the two are willing to kill to keep their secret.
- "DANGEROUS GAMES" by Lora Leigh (Tempting SEALs #2) (A++++++) It's not whether you win or lose. It's how you play the game...Navy SEAL Clint "Iceman" McIntyre didn't earn his nickname by being a coward. Or a quitter. Having crushed an infamous drug cartel in Colombia, Clint was nothing short of an American hero. Now he's home, on a much-needed leave, but instead of home R&R, he finds himself neck-deep in trouble with his best friend's little sister, Morganna Chavez - the only woman who has the power to bring him to his knees. Morganna has been secretly working with the DEA to uncover a thriving date-rape drug, which leads her to a shadowy faction that is more deadly than anything her team has ever encountered. Now it's up to Clint to keep this beautiful, determined agent out of harm's way, even while the passion between them threatens to consume them. Soon Clint's greatest mission will be not just keeping Morganna alive, but getting her into his arms and never letting go.
- "TO LOVE AND CHERISH" by Leigh Greenwood (Cactus Creek Cowboys #2) (A+++++) Torn between a desire to be free and a longing to be his. When Laurie Spencer said "I do," she never realized she'd be trading one pair of shackles for another - until her husband's unexpected death leaves her with an opportunity to escape her controlling family for good. Determined to be independent. Laurie approaches sexy rancher Jared Smith with an offer she hopes he can't refuse. Jared's determined to make it in Texas, but with the local banker turned against him, it looks like his dream may be slipping through his fingers. When unconsciously sensual Laurie offers a partnership, it looks like his luck may be changing...but when she throws herself in as part of the deal, Jared's not sure he'll be able to respect the terms of their agreement and keep his eyes - and his hands - to himself.
- "SLEIGH BELLS IN THE SNOW" by Sarah Morgan (O'Neil Brothers #1) (A++++++) Once upon a time, Christmas was Kayla Green's favorite time of year. Now all the workaholic wants for Christmas is for it to be over - as fast as possible! So when duty calls her to snowy Vermont to close a deal with a new client, Kayla is grateful for an excuse to avoid the holidays for another year. Jackson O'Neil let a thriving business behind to return home and salvage his family's resort - it's in his blood, and he can't let it fail. Now that he's got marketing whiz Kayla Green working with him to put Snow Crystal on the map, success is on the horizon. The fact they strike enough sparks off each other to power all the Christmas lights in Vermont is just an added bonus. Kayla might be an expert at her job, but she's out of her depth with Jackson he makes her crave the happy-ever-after she once dreamed of and it's terrifying. As the snowflakes continue to swirl, will the woman who doesn't believe in the magic of Christmas finally fall under it's spell?
- "THE STRANGER IN HER BED" by Janet Chapman (Logger #2) (A+++++) When Ethan agreed to work at a sawmill his family is purchasing, he didn't foresee getting fired on his first day. He should be mad at the fiercely outspoken female foreman, but something about her seems disconcertingly familiar - even though Ethan is sure he'd remember meeting a stunning beauty like Anna Segee before. Anna has never forgotten Ethan - or the schoolgirl crush she had on him before her father whisked her off to Canada. Now the shy, gangly girl is grown up and back in Oak Grove with a new name, new confidence and a newly inherited mill of her own. Her superb reputation in a male-dominated industry hasn't come easy, but even harder will be ignoring the sexy man Ethan has become.
- "A SWEETBROOK FAMILY" by Anna DeStefano (A++++) Ten-year-old Daniel has had a rough year. His mother's unexpected death has landed him in the custody of his uncle, elementary-school principal Joshua White. And though Josh is a pro when it comes to dealing with other people's kids, he can't get through to Daniel. Meanwhile, Daniel's classmate Becky isn't having a great time, either. Her mother, Amy Loar, left a troubled marriage and is now fighting to rebuild her career in Atlanta while Becky stays with her grandmother in Sweetbrook. As they try to help Becky and Daniel, Amy and Josh find themselves thrown together and forming an unexpected bond. Could coming together as a family be just what all of them need to heal?
- "THE HOUSE ON BLACKBERRY HILL" by Donna Alward (New Author For Me) (Jewell Cove #1) (A+++++) When a young woman inherits a rundown mansion, the last thing she expects to find is the key to her heart. Abby Foster is a fish out of water in the Maine coastal town of Jewell Cove. The crumbling Foster estate, left to her by a relative she never even knew, has everyone's eyes on her - an eerie reminder of the long-buried family secrets that have haunted her...forever. Single, stunning and sometimes too strong-willed for her own good. Abby's plan is to sell the house and hightail it back to Nova Scotia. But another part of her is intrigued by the idea of starting over somewhere new - and finally learning the truth about her heritage. Enter Tom Arseneault. The best contractor in Jewell Cove, Tom is determined to restore the beauty and prestige of the Foster mansion - and maybe even work his charms on its beautiful new heir. The attraction between him and Abby is undeniable and the more time Tom spends on the house the more he wants to be in it with her. But Abby's not sure she can trust him - or anyone in Jewell Cove who seems to know about her family history than she does,. Home: Is it really where the heart is after all?
- "HOME SWEET HOME" by Bella Riley (Emerald Lake #1) (A+++++) What if you can go home again? Ten years and two hundred miles. That's what separates Andi Powell from quiet, secluded Emerald Lake - and that's exactly how she likes it. But now her job brings her back to the hometown she's tried so hard to forget...and to Nate Duncan, the man she's never been able to. Nate once looked at Andi with love in his eyes. But that was before she left him in the dust to pursue her big-city dreams. Now he's the town's ruggedly handsome maor with the power to break Andi's career like she broke his heart. As the two clash over the future of Emerald Lake, the sparks that fly between them rekindle a passion neither of them can deny. Andi may have left town looking for the life she thought she wanted. But could everything she needs have been in Emerald all along?
- "JAKE" by R.C. Ryan (Wyoming Sky #3) (A+++++) Wild at Heart...Jake Conway is good with his hands. A veterinarian known for his gentle touch, he's also the most eligible bachelor in Wyoming. But like any wild animal, Jake longs to roam free...until a sultry redhead with a smile from here to heaven turns up in town. When her estranged father dies, Meg Stanford inherits his rustic ranch - and all the painful memories that come with it. She's determined to settle the estate and face down the ghosts of her past. But a series of break-ins have Meg running from the ranch - and into the arms of the sexy cowboy next door. As their passion grows hotter, the attacks grow bolder. Can Jake keep her safe, or will he lose the only woman he's ever loved.
- "LOVE ME IF YOU DARE" by Toni Blake (Coral Cove #2) (A+++++) When the question is love, the answer is always yes. Camille Thompson is the best at what she does - closing deals. That's why real estate developer Vanderhook has sent her to Coral Cove, Florida, where the stubborn owner of the Happy Crab Motel is refusing to sell. Camille's never had a problem turning a "no" into a "yes," but then she's never been so captivated by a man's sexy smile before. Laidback Reece Donovan likes life simple. No amount of money - or any other temptation Camille can offer - will convince him to give up the one link to his past. Of course, it would be easier without the powerful chemistry raging between them. As a fragile romance begins to grow, can Reece trust Camille with his secrets? And when promises are broken, along with hearts, can he charm of Coral Cove help bring them back together?
- "DELICIOUSLY SINFUL" by Lilli Feisty (A++++) Things are cooking in the kitchen...and in the bedroom. Restaurant owner Phoebe Mayle thought she had it all under control. Sure, her new chef has a bad-boy reputation - and a chiseled body to match - but she's positive she can whip him into shape. But from the moment Nick Avalon roars into town in his Hummer, he makes her whole world sizzle. Not only has Nick taken over her kitchen, he's taken over her mind and her body. His insatiable appetite for pleasure leaves her breathless with carnal cravings only he can satisfy. Can their hunger for each other be a recipe for a love that lasts?
- "THE LONG ROAD HOME" by Vicki Lewis Thompson (Sons of Chance #7) (A+++++) What does it take to be a cowboy? Wyatt Locke believes in second chances. Sure, meeting his half brother last year was a complete disaster - but blood is blood, right? Now Wyatt is returning to the Last Chance Ranch to try to make peace with a family he hardly knows. Then he comes across beautician Olivia Sedgewick stranded on the side of the road. As it turns out, most of the Chance clan is awake for the weekend and Olivia proves to be a very delicious and sexy distraction. But as his brother's return draws closer, Wyatt has to decide. Can he leave this cowboy life - and Olivia - behind? Or would the ranch be the setting of Wyatt's last stand?
- "LEGALLY HOT" "SHEILA'S PASSION" by Lora Leigh (A+++) As a former Marine, Nick still wakes up in a sweat over the things he's seen in the field. However, when it comes to his best friend - and the only woman he has ever wanted. Sheila - he may have met his biggest challenge yet. Sheila has sworn off love after having her heart broken one time too many and Nick can't convince her to give it another try. But when he tempts her into becoming temporary friends with benefits, Nick fully intends to make her his forever. "DEADLY DANCE" by Cheyenne McCray (A+++) Detective Adam Boyd is still putting his life back together after a break-up when he gets word that the man who killed his old partner has been released from prison. Keri Holliday's career as a professional ballerina was ended abruptly six years ago after she was brutally attacked. Now her attacker, the same man who killed Adam's partner, is back on the streets and looking for revenge against the woman whose testimony assured he was locked away. Adam will do whatever it takes to keep her safe...and never let her go. "CAUGHT" by Red Garnier (New Author For Me) (D) After his parents were murdered, young Cody was put in foster care...and Megan has thought about him ever since., Now that Cody is back he has three things to tell Megan: He's a police officer, he's found his parents' killer and he wants to be her man - until death do they part.
- "SWEET HARMONY" by LuAnn McLane (Cricket Creek #7) (A++++) Cricket Creek, Kentucky, is no Nashville - it's a sweet, small town outside the big-city limelight. But here, two headstrong country music stars will need to rely on their Southern roots and explosive chemistry to top the charts together. When Cat Carson drops her record label and signs with an independent label based in Cricket Creek, it's a huge upset in the music world. But the residents of Cricket Creek are thrilled to have a real country music star in their midst. Everyone except Jeff Greenfield, that is - a local rising star himself who's been asked to record a duet with the stunning beauty. Jeff grew up on a farm, but his smooth, soulful country style is starting to gt him noticed outside Cricket Creek. And while a duet with Cat Caron could send his career skyrocketing, he doesn't want to lose touch with his roots - or lose his head. Because sparks are flying every time he and Cat hit the studio. And it's more than a little distracting.
- "SUMMER AT MUSTANG RANCH" by Jesse Hayworth (New Author For Me) (A++++++) A single visit to Mustang Ridge can change a person's life in the most unexpected ways. Recovering from a difficult divorce and having problems with her daughter, Shelby accepts a summer job cooking at a family-run dude ranch. She hopes the animals will be just what her daughter, Lizzie, needs. Little does she know that ranch will work some healing magic on her too. When Shelby meets the head wrangler, Foster, she is put off by his brusque nature, but Lizzie takes an instant liking to the cowboy and his horses. While both Foster and Shelby have been scarred by love, it's not long before Shelby is drawn to the rugged cowboy and hi thoughtful ways. But with summer nights in short supply and Foster wary of falling for a city girl, a simple summer romance soon grows complicated. As the days dwindle, Shelby will have to decide not only what is best for her daughter, but also where her future - and her happiness - will be found.
CURRENTLY READING -
- "The Secret Sister" by Brenda Novak (Fairham Island #1) (book I received from the author in return for my honest review)
- "Life Without Summer" by Lynne Griffin (New Author For Me)
- "Dogwood Hill" by Sherryl Woods (Chesapeake Shores #12)
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO -
- "Shadows of Yesterday" by Sandra Brown (unabridged Audible)
Last Edited on: 6/30/15 10:29 PM ET - Total times edited: 41