- "INTO THE WHIRLWIND" by Kat Martin (BOSS, Inc. #2) (A+++++) Megan O'Brien is at her wit's end. Her three-year-old son has been kidnapped. No police, says the ransom demand. Fearing for her son's life, Meg has no choice but to turn to her former bodyguard, Dirk Reynolds. Dirk's never forgiven Meg for the way she left him after their brief affair. But with bounty hunter Luke Brodie on his side, Dirk knows he's got to help Meg rescue her son. The few clues they've gathered send them spiraling into a murky world of big banking and international crime. Meg may be way out of her depths, but she's seeing a side of Dirk she never suspected - one no woman could possibly resist.
- "SHADOW FALLING" by Rebecca Zanetti (The Scorpius Syndrome #2) (A+++++) Before the Scorpius Syndrome tore through North America and nearly wiped out the population, Vivienne Wellington was the FBI's best profiler. The bacteria got her anyway. But she survived. She recovered. And when she woke up from a drug-nightmare of captivity, her trust in her fellow man had gone from shaky at best to nonexistent. Her mysterious rescuer wants to convince her he's the exception. But no matter how tempting he is, with his angel's eyes and devil's tongue, Vinnie knows she shouldn't trust him. If the FBI were still around they would rate Raze Shadow as one of the bad guys. His military training can't wipe out his association with the Mercenaries, the most feared gang in a thousand miles. His loyalties are compromised. He won't even tell Vinnie his real name. But there's no FBI in the new America of fear and firepower, only instinct and risk. And the way his arms wrap around her tells its own story. Whatever else Raze is concealing, he can't hide his desire.
- "THE HIT" by David Baldacci (Will Robie #2) (A+++++) Will Robie is a master of killing. A highly skilled assassin, Robie is the man the U.S. government calls on to eliminate the worst of the worst - enemies of the state, monsters committed to harming numbers of innocent victims. No one else can match Robie's talents as a hitman - no one, except Jessica Reel. A fellow assassin, equally professional and dangerous. Reel is every bit as lethal as Robie. And now, she's gone rogue, turning her gun sights on other members of their agency. To stop one of their own, the government looks again to Will Robie. His mission: bring in Reel, dead or alive. Only a killer can catch another killer, they tell him. But as Robie pursues Reel, he quickly finds that there is more to her betrayal than meets the eye. Her attacks on the agency conceal a larger threat - a danger that will send shockwaves through the U.S. government and around the world.
- "WHERE I LOST HER" by T. Greenwood (new author for me) (A+++++) Eight years ago, Tess and Jake were considered a power couple of the New York publishing world - happy, in love, planning a family. Failed fertility treatments and a heartbreaking attempt at adoption have fractured their marriage and left Tess edgy and adrift. A visit to friends in rural Vermont throws Tess's world into further chaos when she sees a young, half-dressed child in the middle of the road, who then runs into the woods like a frightened deer. The entire town begins searching for the little girl. But there are no sightings, no other witnesses, no reports of missing children. As local police and Jake point out, Tess's imagination has played her false before. And yet Tess is compelled to keep looking, not only to save the little girl he can't forget but to salvage her broken heart as well.
- "HER RENEGADE RANCHER" by Jennifer Ryan (Montana Men #5) (A+++++) He'll risk everything for the right woman. No one knows better than Colt Kendrick that life can change in an instant. He lives without regrets except for one: not making the gorgeous woman he sees ever time he walks into the local diner his. Luna Hill is haunted by the heart-stopping kiss she and Colt never should have shared. Their timing hass always been off. Just as sparks begin to ignite again, she is offered a job that will take her far from their ranching town. But when a dear friend dies unexpectedly, leaving Luna a staggering gift, she has a chance to stay and finally make her long buried wishes come true - even ones that involve the sexiest cowboy she's ever known. Not everyone is happy with Luna's good fortune, and as they make their feelings dangerously and abundantly clear when she falls in their crosshairs, Colt will do anything he can, risk everything he has, to keep her safe. Because Luna showed him he has a heart...and it belongs to her.
- "THE SECRETS SHE KEPT" by Brenda Novak (Fairham Island #2) (A+++++) The rich and powerful Josephine Lazarow, matriarch of Fairham Island, is dead. The police say it's suicide, but Keith, her estranged son, doesn't believe it. Keith bears scars - both physical and emotional - from his childhood, but he's worked hard to overcome the past. After walking away from his mother and her controlling ways five years ago, he's built a new life in LA. He's also accumulated a fortune of his own. But as soon as he learns of his mother's death, he rturns to Fairham. He feels he owes it to his grandfather to put the family empire together again - and he's determined to find his mother's killer. Problem is...coming home to Fairham putss him back in contact with Nancy Dellinger, the woman he hurt so badly when he left before. And diffing that deep into his mother's final days and hour entails a very real risk.
- "CHRISTMAS IN MUSTANG CREEK" by Linda Lael Miller (The Brides of Bliss County #4) (A+++++) Growing up in Mustang Creek, Wyoming, Charlotte Morgan couldn't wait to escape to the big city. But with a job she doesn't love and a sense of loneliness she can't shake, life in New York is less fabulous than she'd like to admit - especially now that veterinarian Jaxon Locke has left town. Jax's move to Idaho to fill in at his dad's practice ended things with Charlotte just as they were getting interesting. But he didn't expect to miss her so much. So when Charlotte returns home to help care for the great-aunt who raised her, Jax is determined to get to Wyoming and do whatever it takes to win her back…and he'll start by giving her the most magical Mustang Creek Christmas of all. "A COPPER RIDGE CHRISTMAS" by Maisey Yates (Copper Ridge #3.5) (A+++++) Snow is falling in Copper Ridge, Oregon - but the heat between a holiday-loving party planner and the town’s resident Scrooge is off the charts. Holly Fulton is throwing a special Christmas Eve party for the foster parents who gave her so much. To finish the preparations in time, she needs to recruit her one-time foster brother, Ryan Masters. He may have a scowl that could curdle eggnog, but under that surly demeanor is a big heart. And amazing muscles. And a gorgeous chest. In fact, X-rated visions of Ryan have been dancing in Holly’s head for years, but she can’t risk complicating the only real family she’s ever known. But maybe there’s a way for Holly to have her Christmas cake and eat it too. A no-strings affair, just until they’re done with the planning. Ryan is certainly willing. But from the first touch, it’s clear that this isn’t just a festive fling. It might just be a Christmas miracle in the making.
- "WILD HEAT" by Bella Andre (Hot Shots: Men of Fire #1) (A+++++) He's a hotshot firefighter addicted to risk. She's the sultry beauty he never saw coming. Maya Jackson doesn't sleep with strangers. Until the night grief sent her to the nearest bar and into the arms of the most explosive lover she's ever had. Six months later, the dedicated arson investigator is coming face to face with him again. Gorgeous, grinning Logan Cain. Her biggest mistake. Now her number-one suspect in a string of deadly wildfires. Risking his life on a daily basis is what gets Logan up in the morning. As leader of the elite Tahoe Pines Hotshot Crew, he won't back down from a blaze - or from beautiful, lethal Maya Jackson. She may have seduced him with her tears and her passion, but it'll be a cold day in hell before Logan lets down his guard again. Until Maya's life is threatened. With his natural-born hero instincts kicking in, Logan vows to protect the woman sworn to bring him down. And as desire reignites, nothing - not the killer fire or the killer hot on their trail - can douse the flames.
- "LOVE'S ENCORE" by Sandra Brown (unabridged audio CD) (A++++) In one reckless night, Camille Jameson’s life was changed forever: a tall, handsome stranger, an evening of romance - and enough regrets to last a lifetime. Two years later, Camille is a successful interior decorator with the opportunity to restore one of Mississippi’s proudest plantations. She arrives excited and eager to face her greatest professional challenge to date - until Zack Prescott saunters through the mansion’s front door and back into her life. He is exactly as she remembers, except for the knowing look in his eyes that reminds her of what they once shared. Now, forced to live in unbearably close quarters, Camille and Zack will discover if they have the courage to face the past - and, perhaps, build a future together.
- "MAYBE SOMEDAY" by Colleen Hoover (Maybe #1) (new author for me) (A++++++) At twenty-two years old, Sydney has a great life: She's in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter's cheating on her--and she is left trying to decide what to do next. Sydney becomes captivated by Ridge, her mysterious neighbor. She can't take her eyes off him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. And there's something about Sydney that Ridge can't ignore, either. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one.
- "BLESSED VOWS" by Jillian Hart (Series 2: The McKaslin #3) (new author for me) (A++++) A marriage meant to be...When waitress Rachel McKaslin reluctantly let Jake McCal move into the apartment above her family's diner, she never dreamed the handsome tech sergeant would be so charming. Soon into their joyful courtship, Jake surprised her by proposing Now, Rachel prayed their union wasn't just a convenience and that Jake truly loved her. Jake had promised his dying brother he'd care for his little girl, so he needed a wife. But as he wed this beautiful woman and brought her home, he realized his feelings didn't stem from duty. He loved Rachel McKaslin fiercely. Would God's providence enable him to survive his dangerous assignment and return to confess his true feelings?
- "SOMEBODY'S BABY" by Elaine Kagan (new author for me) (A++++++) it Was Love At First Sight - He was a bad boy, an irresistible ex-con from the wrong side of the tracks. She was a nice middle-class Jewish girl - smart and quiet, prettier than she even knew. Will and Jenny shared a passion that defied their backgrounds, and when Jenny got pregnant, they planned to elope. But on the big day something went terribly wrong...and after the baby was born, Jenny gave her up for adoption, to a nice couple who called her Claudia and raised her as their own. Now Claudia is all grown up. While she loves her adoptive parents, she is haunted by dreams of her "other mother." Curious to discover the truth, Claudia begins a search that will lead her to the avenues of Manhattan and the mountains of California - to a man and woman separated by fate and time whose love for each other still burns strong.
- "SWEET LITTLE LIES" by Jill Shalvis (Heartreaker Bay #1) (A+++++) Choose the one guy you can’t have...As captain of a San Francisco Bay tour boat, Pru can handle rough seas - the hard part is life on dry land. Pru loves her new apartment and her neighbors; problem is, she’s in danger of stumbling into love with Mr. Right for Anybody But Her. Fall for him - hard...Pub owner Finn O’Riley is six-foot-plus of hard-working hottie who always makes time for his friends. When Pru becomes one of them, she discovers how amazing it feels to be on the receiving end of that deep green gaze. But when a freak accident involving darts (don’t ask) leads to shirtless first aid, things rush way past the friend zone. Fast. And then tell him the truth. Pru only wants Finn to be happy; it’s what she wishes for at the historic fountain that’s supposed to grant her heart’s desire. But wanting him for herself is a different story - because Pru’s been keeping a secret that could change everything.
- "BAY OF SIGHS" by Nora Roberts (The Guardians Trilogy #2) (A++++++) To celebrate the rise of their new queen, three goddesses of the moon created three stars, one of fire, one of ice, one of water. But then they fell from the sky, putting the fate of all worlds in danger. And now three women and three men join forces to pick up the piece. Mermaid Annika is from the sea, and it is there she must return after her quest to find the stars. New to this world, her purity and beauty are nothing less than breathtaking, along with her graceful athleticism, as her five new friends discovered when they retrieved the fire star. Now, through space and time, traveler Sawyer King has brought the guardians to the island of Capri, where the water star is hidden. And as he watches Annika in her element, he finds himself drawn to her joyful spirit. But Sawyer knows that if he allows her into his heart, no compass could ever guide him back to solid ground. And in the darkness, their enemy broods. She lost one star to the guardians, but there is still time for blood to be spilled - the mermaid’s in the water and the traveler’s on the land. For she has forged a dangerous new weapon. Something deadly and unpredictable. Something human.
- "THE BELOVED ONE" by Danielle Harmon (The de Montforte Brothers #2) (new author for me) (A+++++) The bluest of blood; the noblest of hearts; the de Montforte brothers will take your breath away. Meet Lord Charles..."On the eve of battle, I find my heart is restless and uneasy. And when a fellow is three thousand miles from home, love makes a far more desirable companion than loneliness." - Lord Charles de Montforte, Boston, Massachusetts, 1775. Wounded in battle, Englishman Charles de Montforte has awakened to find himself in the tender care of a sensuous, sloe-eyed local miss, whose beauty would be a joy he would treasure always...if only their paths had crossed in some other place and time. Charles' heart is profoundly moved by Amy Leighton's desperate plight, and her curvaceous dark loveliness and gentle, healing touch are enflaming his desire. But the noble British lord is already taken, though Amy soon lures him away from past loyalties to Crown and fiancée with a golden, rapturous promise of love happily forever after. Amy has long prayed for someone special to enter her life - someone who would take her far away from the daily drudgery imposed upon her by a cruel, unloving step-family. Now fate has brought her the strong yet gentle man of her dreams; but the handsome stranger is from an enemy land...and he's sworn to love another.
- "THE BACKUP PLAN" by Sherryl Woods (Charleston Trilogy #1) (A+++++) Every woman needs a backup plan...And no one knows that better than Dinah Davis, who's spent years wriggling out of international hot spots. Now she's come home to South Carolina's Low Country to hook up with the dependable man who long ago promised his devotion. But instead of the safety she's seeking, she winds up in the arms of his black sheep brother. Cordell eaufort would go after Dinah himself if the opinionated debutante weren't so much trouble. But when Dinah lets down her guard long enough for Cord to see the real woman, he starts to woder if his judgment wasn't just a little too harsh. Maybe there's a reason he can't stand the thought of Dinah traipsing down the aisle with his brother. Cord was the last man on earth Dinah would choose, but it seems fate has other ideas. Turns out even the very best backup plan can take an unexpected twist.
- "THE TROUBLE WITH MISTLETOE" by Jill Shalvis (Heartbreaker Bay #2) (A+++++) If she has her way...Willa Davis is wrangling puppies when Keane Winters stalks into her pet shop with frustration in his chocolate-brown eyes and a pink bedazzled cat carrier in his hand. He needs a kitty sitter, stat. But the last thing Willa needs is to rescue a guy who doesn’t even remember her. He’ll get nothing but coal in his stocking. Saddled with his great-aunt’s Feline from Hell, Keane is desperate to leave her in someone else’s capable hands. But in spite of the fact that he’s sure he’s never seen the drop-dead-gorgeous pet shop owner before, she seems to be mad at him. Unless he tempers “naughty” with a special kind of nice...Willa can’t deny that Keane’s changed since high school: he’s less arrogant, for one thing - but can she trust him not to break her heart again? It’s time to throw a coin in the fountain, make a Christmas wish - and let the mistletoe do its work.
- "CAROLINA DREAMING" by Virginia Kantra (Dare Island #5) (A+++++) When it comes to love, anything can happen on Dare Island. After escaping a disastrous marriage, bakery owner Jane Clark has convinced herself that she has everything she needs - her precious son, a thriving business, and a roof over her head. But the arrival of a handsome stranger on the island shows her exactly what she’s been missing...The only home Gabe Murphy ever had was the Marine Corps. He's working hard to rebuild his life. It will take a special place, and a special woman, to make him want to stay. Now Gabe is determined to prove that he's worthy of Jane’s trust - and her love. But when her past reappears, that trust will be tested, and Jane and Gabe will have to fight hard to hold onto their love and make their dreams a reality.
- "COWBOY JUSTICE" by Melissa Cutler (Catcher Creek #2) (A+++++) Transforming their parents' rundown ranch in Catcher Creek, New Mexico, into a tourist destination is the toughest challenge the three Sorentino sisters ever faced. But now one of them has another fight on her hands - to keep from falling for the sexy town sheriff - again. Rachel Sorentino has spent her whole life protecting her siblings from trouble - only to run headlong into it herself. Her first regret about shooting at the vandals targeting her family is that her aim wasn't better. Her second is that when bullets started flying, it was Sheriff Vaughn Cooper's number she dialed. Vaughn is the mistake she keeps on making, a cowboy lawman who cuts through Rachel's surface bravado to the vulnerability no one else sees. And no matter how inconvenient their attraction - for his career, her tangled case, and their already battered hearts - there's no denying what feels so irresistibly right.
- "SUDDENLY ONE SUMMER" by Julie James (A+++++) Divorce lawyer Victoria Slade has seen enough unhappy endings to swear off marriage forever. That doesn't mean she's opposed to casual dating - just not with her cocky new neighbor, who is as gorgeous and tempting as he is off-limits. But once she agrees to take on his sister's case, she's as determined to win as ever - even if that means teaming up with Ford. Investigative journalist Ford Dixon is bent on finding the man who got his sister pregnant and left her high and dry. He's willing to partner with Victoria, despite the fact that the beautiful brunette gets under his skin like no other woman. He might not be looking to settle down, but there's no denying the scorching attraction between them. Still, the more time he spends with Victoria, the more he realizes that the one woman as skeptical about love as he is might be the only woman he could really fall for.
- "FIXING FRANK" by Jason Gaffney with Ed Gaffney (A California Comedy #3) (A+++++) First grade teacher Terry O’Dell is thrilled when he’s chosen as a contestant on Fixing Our Future, a popular reality web series where the winner raises money for charity. A few weeks of light-hearted challenges and fun competition is exactly the kind of distraction he needs to get over his breakup with his fiancé. But when Terry learns that handsome landscaper Frank Vacca is another contestant on the show, his excitement turns to dread. Because Terry’s ex ran off with Frank’s ex. It’s only a matter of time before their embarrassing personal history is exploited by the show’s producers, in hopes of going viral with on-camera tears and maybe a table flip or two. But Frank is not the kind of guy who waits for life to happen to him, and he decides to fight fire with fire. When their secret is exposed, he impulsively declares that he and Terry are better than ever, because they, too, have hooked up - in fact, they’re engaged. Already popular, the pair instantly becomes internet royalty. Of course it’s all a sham, and only a matter of time before the truth comes crashing down. But then, Frank and Terry - long at odds and constantly arguing - actually begin to fall for each other. And that’s when things really start to go wrong.
- "MISADVENTURES OF A CITY GIRL" by Meredith Wild and Chelle Bliss (new author for me) (Misadventures #1) (won in a contest on Meredith Wild's Facebook page) (A+++++) Fresh off a divorce from a Hollywood hotshot, Madison Atwood needs an escape. With the paparazzi fresh on her heels and her love life splashed on every tabloid, she runs away to a swanky retreat in Northern California. Avalon Springs is the mountainside haven she needs to find herself again. Luke Dawson lives off the grid, preferring solitude to society. When he finds a beautiful woman soaking in the hot springs on his property, he can't stop himself from watching her. She captures his attention, but she's just a city girl - a beautiful distraction disturbing the peace he's settled here to find. When Madison discovers Luke's secluded cabin, he can't turn her away again. They make no promises. Madison needs to feel wanted again, and Luke misses the touch of a woman. But when mother nature has other plans, they're forced to spend more than a night of passion together. Can Luke say goodbye to the only woman who's made him feeling anything in years, and can Madison leave behind the man who brought her back to life?
CURRENTLY READING -
- "Gastien: From Dream to Destiny" by Caddy Rowland (Gastien #2) (reading on a Kindle app on my computer)
- "Going Down Hard" by Carly Phillips (Billioniare Bad Boys #3) (reading on a Kindle app on my computer)
- "Three Christmas Wishes" by Sheila Roberts
- "Secret Daughter" by Shilpi Somaya Gowda (new author for me)
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO -
- "True Blue" by David Baldacci (unabridged audio CD)
Last Edited on: 6/30/17 7:57 PM ET - Total times edited: 46