Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: I know ISBNs, etc., have to match....

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Pat O. (PatinCO) - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Diamond medal
Subject: I know ISBNs, etc., have to match....
Date Posted: 4/7/2017 3:21 PM ET

but how many of you actually check the ISBN when you receive a book? (I don't.), and if you do really care about the ISBN why do you? (other than if you wanted a hardback/paperback and received the opposite). I'm just curious. I'm usually just glad to get a WL book so don't care if ISBN matches or not. Pat

lovejaneeyre avatar
Date Posted: 4/7/2017 4:18 PM ET

I keep most of the wl books and CD's I receive.  I stopped checking wl items I receive to see if it matches isbn or upc,  

I agree, I am so happy to get a wl offer I don't care about a number matching.  

It's all about getting the item in my hot little hands! laugh

Last Edited on: 4/7/17 4:18 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
bookbuggg avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 4/7/2017 4:44 PM ET

I don't checkthem. Once I noticed I won a book in a swap and I was surprised it was in large print. I checked and the person put in a different isbn number for the game. I didn't mind, large print works for me anyway :-) That was one time.

katewisdom avatar
Date Posted: 4/7/2017 4:48 PM ET

I usually check the info. I've been a bit busy lately, so I checked some in without actually checking them out, but I usually post via ISBN instead of Tower (if I received the book through the site I'll check the ISBN to make sure it's the same one on My Tower first).

sarap avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 4/7/2017 6:12 PM ET

I onlt check if it's a different format than the one I was expecting.

frenchiemama avatar
Date Posted: 4/7/2017 9:43 PM ET

I never check ISBN, I only check condition of the book. The only time I can imagine checking would be if I received paperback instead of hard cover, or vice versa.

sinistersarah avatar
Date Posted: 4/7/2017 10:03 PM ET

I always check. In the case of different editions, there's sometimes different content. Not long ago, I was sent a trade paperback edition of a book, when I had ordered the mass market reprint. They have different ISBNs, and the reprint has a bonus epilogue which is not in the older edition.