Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Lists not updating, search engine not working & things that go bump in the

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
vintagejoy avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: Lists not updating, search engine not working & things that go bump in the
Date Posted: 10/31/2018 9:10 PM ET

Lists won't update?  Search engine not functioning?  Requests may or may not being received?  All these issues are the result of the maintenance and updates the site underwent when it was down over the weekend.  When they put it back up, several functions are not working. Quirky things are also happening like books being relisted on their own,, etc.  They are working to get the problems fixed and the site back to running normally.  If there is something really critical, like you have mailed a book but can't mark it mailed, send a message directly to the team and they can mark it mailed for you.  Actually it appears that while we can't see the updates we are trying to make, they are showing up on the PBS computers.  Once things are back to normal you should see all the updates you were trying to maike in place.

Alameda avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 11/1/2018 5:35 AM ET

I added a bunch of 'stuff' to both my TBR and Reminder's List) 

added 10/30/18 - nothing changed when I checked on 10/31/18

on 10/31/18 I re-added the same 'stuff' on both my TBR and my RL, then re-checked to see if they were added - lists were not updated.

on 11/01/18 I added  5 more titles to my RL - I then checked my TBR and my RL - both listings were now fully updated.