- "BROTHERHOOD IN DEATH" by J.D. Robb (In-Death #42) (A+++++) Denis Mira has had two unpleasant surprises. First, he learned that his cousin Edward was secretly meeting with a real estate agent about their late grandfather's magnificent SoHo brownstone, despite a promise they each had made to keep it in the family. Then, when he arrived at the house to confront Edward, he got a blunt object to the back of the head. Luckily Dennis is married to Charlotte Mira, the NYPSD's top profiler and a good friend of Lieutenant Eve Dallas. When the two women arrive on the scene, he explains that the last thing he saw before he was knocked out was Edward in a chair, bruised and bloody. And when he came to, his cousin was gone. With the room cleaned up and the security disks removed, there's nothing but a few traces left behind for forensics to analyze. A former lawyer, judge and senator, Edward Mira has mingled with the elite and crossed paths with criminals, making enemies on a regular basis. Like so many politicians, he has also made some very good friends behind closed - and locked - doors. But a badge and a billionaire husband can get Eve access to places others can't go and she intends to shine some light on the dirty deals and dark motives behind the disappearance of a powerful man, the family discord over a multimillion-dolar piece of real estate...and a new case that no one saw coming.
- "DOUBLE DARE" by Saskia Walker (A++++) (New Author For Me) A woman uninhibited...Beautiful investment advisor Abby Douglas has played with a lot of men and that's just the way she wants it. No commitments. No regrets. And no games - until she meets a dangerously sexy stranger in the elevator of her office building. Suddenly she's taking on a new identity, pretending to be a receptionist and finally giving herself up to the kind of raw fantasies no upright businesswoman should ever consider - unless of course, she found a man strong enough to make her. A secret unzipped...Club owner Zac Bordino is stunned to find that the hot number who gave him such a sweet reception isn't who she says. In fact, she's actually the brains behind his company's investments and she's not even aware of it. Now Zac isn't sure what to tell Abby first - his growing feelings for her or their secret connection. Either way, from steamy nights in London to sizzling rendezvous in Paris, from plush offices to pulse-pounding night clubs, Zac may have found an insatiably perfect match - in business and in pleasure.
- "BAREBACK" by Chris Owens (Bareback #1) (A++++) (New Author for Me) Jack Taggert's life was almost perfect. He'd worked hard to overcome his past and he loved his job as foreman on a ranch in Arkansas. The only thorn in his side was a dark eyed cowboy named Tornado whose stubborn attitude brought frustration and convusion to Jake's mostly happy existence. A late spring rainstorm brings out hidden passions and unleashes a chain of events neither of them expected - and eventually brings about events that threaten to destroy them and what they worked to create. Strong wills and forceful personalities make for intense encounters...but is it enough to keep love alive?
- "HOT SUMMER NIGHTS" "HOPE SMOLDERS" by Jaci Burton (Hope #0.5) (A++++) Struggling divorcee Jane has put her personal life on hold to raise her kids - until she runs into Will, her ex's former best friend, who convinces her it's time to start having fun again. "PERFECT STRANGER" by Carly Phillips (Serendipity #3.5) (A+++++) Overworked Alexa has an instant connection with a sinfully sexy football star on the dance floor. A one-night stand evolves into multiple nights when Luke decides to teach the good doctor about his own brand of fun. But when it's time for him to leave town, will he be able to say good-bye for good? "THE LEGEND OF JANE" by Jessica Clare (A++++) An intrepid blogger catches the eye of local law enforcement when she gets caught trespassing. Luckily, Luanne wouldn't mind getting handcuffed by Officer Hotness. "ICE PRINCESS" by Erin McCarthy (A+++++) Single girl Chelsea is tired of feeling like the fifth wheel on her weekend jaunt to Lake Placid, until she gets stuck out in the cold and finds a muscular knight in shining armor to warm her up.
- "CHRISTMAS ON MAIN STREET" "CHRISTMAS IN SHELTER BAY" by JoAnn Ross (Shelter Bay #6.5) (A+++++) Kelly has long tried to keep her feelings for Cole a secret. But when the local matchmakers send them to a secluded lakeside cabin, the two friends discover that a little love will keep them warm. "A SEASIDE CHRISTMAS" by Susan Donovan (Bayberry Island #0.5) (A+++++) TV Producer Nathaniel Ravelle knows the Bayberry Island mermaid legend is a joke. How could a statue grant true Love? But when a Christmas nor'easter lands him in close quarters with local Annie Parker, they see magic at work in matters of the heart. "MISTLETOE ON MAIN STREET" by LuAnn McLane (Cricket Creek #5.5) (A+++++) Clint isn't sure how to rekindle his romance with his high school sweetheart, Ava - until his father bows out of playing Santa at the annual Cricket Creek holiday parade and Clint gets the chance to make this Christmas one to remember. "THE CHRISTMAS GIFT" by Alexis Morgan (Snowberry Creek #1.5) (A+++++) Business is booming at Bridey Roke's pastry shop. But in her spare moments, she's perfecting a special recipe to charm the handsome new neighbor - who has his own surprise gift for her come Christmas Eve.
- "BIKINI" by Christina Skye (SEAL and Code Name #9) (A++++) Ex-cop Gina Ryan traded in her Smith & Wesson to follow a dream. Now she's creating decadent desserts aboard a luxury cruise ship in the Caribbean. But a gorgeous passenger is about to send her perfect world up in smoke. Trace O'Halloran is a hard-edged navy SEAL, under strict orders to take some high seas R&R. There's a shipload of women in bikinis eager to help him unwind, so why can't he take his mind off the stubborn pastry chef with an attitude the size of Montana? When a dangerous assassin from Trace's past appears, Gina and Trace must join forces to save the ship's guests. The clock's ticking and they'll need every weapon at hand - from body armor to chocolate ganache!
- "INSIDE" by Brenda Novak (Bulletproof #1) (A+++++) Dangerous to know...Virgil Skinner served fourteen years for a murder he didn't commit. He's finally been exonerated, but he can't escape the gang he joined in order to survive. They'll do anything to keep him from telling what he knows. And if they can't get to Virgil they'll go after his sister and her kids. The California Department of Corrections needs someone to infiltrate another gang, one that's taking control of the state's most notorious supermax. Virgil's the perfect candidate and he'll agree to do it under an alias - in exchange for his sister's protection. Chief Deputy Warden Peyton Adams is opposed to having Virgil in her prison. How will she protect him if things go bad? Besides, she's far too attracted to him; she might even be falling in love with him. That makes her all the more desperate to keep him safe - and it gives him someone else to lose.
- "EDGE OF FOREVER" by Susan Mallery (A+++++) River Glen was at the edge of nowhere - a tiny, sleepy town nestled on the shores of the Potomac. It was perfect for Dana Brantley, who, after a rocky couple of years, was looking for a peaceful place to start over. But the townspeople had other ideas for the new librarian. They thought she was perfect for their most eligible bachelor, Nick Verone. So did Nick's ten-year-old son, Tony. And so did Nick, himself. He was intrigued by the mysterious Dana, and determined to find a way through her reserve. But what he discovers is a wounded and fragile soul. It will take more than his usual charm to convince her that in River Glen - and with him - she has found the edge of forever. "A NATURAL FATHER" by Sarah Mayberry (A+++++) (New Author For Me) Pregnant, single and expanding her business - Lucy Basso's hands are definitely full. As it that's not enough, Dominic Bianco is showing more than a little interest in her. And when Dom isn't fazed by her impending motherhood, she begins to think that perhaps he's a natural father.
- "DARK ROOTS AND COWBOY BOOTS" by LuAnn McLane (A++++) Not just another small-town babe...Teetering on the Tennessee border, Hootertown, Kentucky suits beautician Jamie Lee Carter just fine. She's the kind of gal who prefers longneck beers to cosmos, bare feet to high heels and Daisy Dukes to Prada, but a bit of flash might still win out over another pool-hall line dance. That's where Parker Carrington, a hunky Hollywood producer, comes in. Not just another Saturday night fling...He's pegged Hootertown as an ideal movie site - and Jamie as more than a sexy extra. He's adding sizzle to Jamie's romance slump and firing up something called jealousy in Griff Sheldon, Jamie's brother's best friend and her longtime crush. Now two hot-blooded rivals are going head-to-head. One's got a Jaguar. One's got a pickup. And only one's got what it takes to give Jamie the ride of her life.
- "WRANGLED AND TANGELED" by Lorelei James (Blacktop Cowboys #3) (A++++++) Wrangling a sweet-talkin' cowboy can be dangerous business...When living with her rancher husband, Abe Lawson, in rural Wyoming nearly broke her spirit, Janie Fitzhugh left. But eight years later, she returns to Muddy Gap to take a job at a new resort. When unexpected danger arises, Abe seizes the chance to protect Janie and prove he's a changed man. Janie's employer at the Split Rock Ranch and Resort, Renner Jackson, has gotten himself tangled up in a devil's bargain. His new partner's daughter, Tierney Pratt, is a spoiled daddy's girl and off-limits - no matter how drop-dead gorgeous she is. But Tierney's got her own secret reasons for keep the rough-and-tumble cowboy at a distance. When things get down and dirty at the resort, Abe and Renner must saddle up and fight to rope in the women they can't imagine living without.
- "I'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS" by Lori Wilde (Twilight, Texas #7) (A++++++) Christmas in Twilight, Texas, is all merriment and mistletoe. The cookie Club is whipping up their most festive sweets, the townspeople are scrambling to get their holiday shopping done, and Joe - a hometown guy with a restless heart - is dreaming about the women he wants to kiss most...and who happens to be staying at Joe's sister's place over the holidays, while she's away. But Joe isn't quite sure he wants to be a living Christmas present to runaway law student Gabi Preston. Joe thinks the sassy sweetheart he nicknames "Trouble" won't inconvenience anything but his healthy sex drive. But when he discovers the reasons Gabi escaped from her life, he aches to give her everything she's never had. As the magic of the season draws them together, the gift of love is the only one worth giving.
- "CREED'S HONOR" by Linda Lael Miller (Montana Creeds #6) (A+++++) Connor Creed knows exactly who he is: a hardworking rancher carrying on his uncle's legacy in Lonesome Bend, Colorado. Maybe a small-town cowboy's life isn't his dream, but he owes the man who took him in as a kid. Until the identical twin brother he's been estranged from for years reenters his life. Connor struggles with identity issues as he gets to know his wilder brother. And then he meets Tricia McCall, a beautiful woman who knows a thing or two about living someone else's dreams. Together, they just might find their own dreams right here in Lonesome Bend.
- "MOVING TARGET" by J.A. Jance (Ali Reynolds #9) (A++++++) Even ghosts can't hide forever. While vacationing in England with her longtime aide-de-camp, Leland Brooks, Ali finds herself sucked into the investigation of his father's decades-old unsolved murder. Meanwhile, back in the States, her fiance, B. Simpson, is fixated on the attempted murder of a juvenile offender he helped incarcerate. The kid is famous in the hacker world for revolutionary software that criminal minds will do anything to get their hands on. B. turns to Ali's close friend, Taser-carrying nun Sister Anselm, for help protecting the boy as Ali does her best to search for clues in both cases. But even from thousands of miles away, she's not safe from the deadly line of fire.
- "PATTON'S WAY" by Jenny Penn (Cattleman's Club #1) (New Author For Me) (A++++) Patton Jones has been deceiving Chase, Slade and Devin Davis, but she's tired of playing the sweet, innocent, sisterly figure. When the brothers confront her with her lies, she decides it's time for the Davis brothers to see her as the woman she really is. Patton isn't the only one keeping secrets and the brothers fear that their own hidden lifestyle might be more than their little woman can handle. The others are unaware that Patton knows about their dark desires and is not the least bit intimidated. Knowing and experiencing are two different things. As Patton tastes small samples of the forbidden fruit, she becomes even more reckless in her enthusiasm to get the three brothers into her bed. Patton's wild schemes go too far and the brothers have to make a decision that will seal all their fates.
- "FESTIVE IN DEATH" by J.D. Robb (In-Death #39) (A+++++) (abridged audio CD) Personal trainer Trey Ziegler was in peak physical condition. If you didn't count the kitchen knife in his well-toned chest. And hanging from it was a note: Santa Says You've Been Bad!!!! Ho. Ho. Ho! Naturally, the vengeful ex-girlfriend who called in the body was the first suspect. But as Lieutenant Eve Dallas soon discovers, she was only one in a lineup of women who'd been loved and left by the narcissistic gym rat, who'd shown a suspicious preference for wealthy, slightly older women who could afford to finance his lifestyle - and his wardrobe. Not that the perp had to be a woman - the victim's enormous self-regard and arrogant behavior had ticked off plenty of guys, too. While Dallas tries to sort through the list of Ziegler's enemies, she's also dealing with her Christmas shopping list - plus the guest list for her and her billionaire husband's upcoming holiday bash. How do she and Roark even know two hundred fifty-six people? She'd rather serve warrants than hors d'oeuvres any day. Feeling less than festive, Dallas tries to avoid the relentless good cheer around her, put aside her distaste for the victim and solve the mystery of his death - a mystery that only deepens when a small fortune in cash is found inside Ziegler's gym locker. There are just a few investigating days left before Christmas and New Year's 2061 approaches, this homicide cop is resolved to stop a cold blooded killer.
- "CHESAPEAKE TIDE" by Jeanette Baker (Marshyhope Creek #1) (A++++++) (New Author For Me) A lot can happen in seventeen years, but falling out of love isn't one of them. Pride has always kept a tight rein on Libba Delacourt. The pride that drove her away from Russ Hennessey and into the arms of a traveling actor is the same pride that kept her far away from her home and family in Maryland. It's not until she receives word her mother is ill that Libba finally swallows that pride, quits her job as a genetic biologist, packs up her sixteen-year-old daughter, Chloe and heads back east. The moment she takes her first breath of the humid salty air of the Chesapeake Bay, Libba knows she is home for good. As it turns out, Libba is not the only person to return home that long, hot summer. Russ Hennessey has made his way back as well with plans to resurrect his family's fishing business - plans that collapse when an unseen menace sabotages his ambitions. Together, Libba and Russ discover some awful truths about life in their small town - truths that hit closer to home than they ever imagined.
- "PUPPIES, DOGS AND BLUE NORTHERS: Reflections on Being Raised by a Pack of Sled Dogs" by Gary Paulsen (New Author For Me) (A+++++) 14,000 miles, 6 litters of pups, 1 Cookie. An experienced Iditarod racer, Gary Paulsen celebrates his lead dog and longtime companion, Cookie, in this intimate essay. Paulsen takes readers inside the kennel as Cookie's last litter of pups grow and learn to pull sleds across the snowy frontier. It's a wild, joyous and unforgettable ride!
- "HER FIERCE WARRIOR" by Paige Tyler (X-Ops #4) (A+++++) The woman tensed. As anger and fear ricocheted across her face, her eyes changed from red to green to brown in a dizzying display like nothing he'd ever seen. Every instinct in Angelo's body screamed at him to lunge for his weapon. Instead he set his feet for impact, blocking her slashing claws. Unbelievably, after a few moments of struggling, she went still, all the fight gone. Minka isn't sure she should trust the sexy Special Forces soldier who found her. Subjected to horrors, on the run from scientists set on locking her in a cage, Minka is terrified of the monster she's becoming...and somehow, Angelo is the only one who can calm the beast inside her and make her feel safe. But can she trust the way he makes her feel when she's not even sure she can trust herself?
- "MR. RIGHT GOES WRONG" by Pamela Morsi (New Author For Me) (A++++++) No more Mr. Nice Guy. Like a bad-choice-making boomerang, Mazy Gulliver has returned to her mom's tiny house in Brandt Mountain. But this time, she's got her teenage son, Tru, in tow and no intention of messing up ever again. Mary's so determined to rebuild her life she hardly minds being the new loan collector, or even working for Tad, her ex. She's not here to make friends - or fall in love. Sweet, dependable Eli Latham has loved Mazy since they got pretend married in second grade. But after being burned by Mazy for two decades, Eli's got a new strategy. Mazy likes bad boys, so a bad boy is what he'll be. How hard can it be to act like a jerk? Not for the first time, men are making Mazy crazy, though she's determined to do what's right for her and Tru. But breaking old habits is hard, and if she really wants things to change she'll have to face her biggest adversary: herself.
- "ONE HOT TEXAS NIGHT" by Judith Rochelle (New Author For Me) (A+++++) Tate Donovan was sure the Yellow Rose would be his when his father died. After all, he'd grown up there and it was his legacy. But Abby Culhane was King's stepdaughter for many years and held a place in the old man's heart right up to the end. When King leaves her one fourth of the ranch and Tate's grandparents' home, Tate is shocked. Then he sees the grown-up Abby and can't decide whether he wants to fight her over the will or take her to bed. The entire town of White Tail, Texas rolls up it's sleeves and sits back to watch the fireworks.
- "THE MARRIAGE BARGAIN" by Jennifer Probst (Marriage to a Billionaire #1) (A+++++) A marriage in name only...To save her family home, impulsive bookstore owner Alexa Maria McKenzie casts a love spell. But she never planned on conjuring up her best friend's older brother - the powerful man who once shattered her heart. Billionaire Nicholas Ryan doesn't believe in marriage, but in order to inherit his father's corporation, he needs a wife and needs one fast. When he discovers his sister's childhood friend is in dire financial straits, he offers Alexa a bold proposition. A marriage in name only with certain rules. Avoid entanglement. Keep things all business. Do not fall in love. The arrangement is only for a year so the rules shouldn't be that hard to follow, right? Except fate has a way of upsetting the best-laid plans.
- "THE SWORD UPON THE ROSE" by Brenda Joyce (Scottish Medieval #3) (New Author For Me) (A+++++) A bastard daughter, Alana was cast away at birth and forgotten by her mighty Comyn family. Raised in solitude by her grandmother, she has remained at a safe distance from the war raging through Scotland. But when a battle comes close to home and she finds herself compelled to save an enemy warrior from death, her own life is thrown into danger. Iain of Islay's allegiance is to the formidable Robert Bruce. His beautiful rescuer captures both his attention and his desire, but Alana must keep her identity a secret even as she is swept up into a wild and forbidden affair. But as Bruce's army begins the final destruction of the earldom, Alana must decide between the family whose acceptance she's always sought, or the man she so wrongly loves.
- "THRILL ME" by Susan Mallery (Fools Gold, California #18) (A++++++) Meet the Mitchell brothers of Fool's Gold, California - five gorgeous men who've left a trail of broken hearts in their wake. Maya Farlow learned the hard way to depend only on herself, so when she fell too deeply for the bad-boy charms of Del Mitchell, she did the only thing she could - she ran. Stunned, Del left Fool's Gold to make his name and fortune in extreme sports. Now ten years later, Maya's been hired to promote her hometown's new slogan, The Destination for Romance. The celebrity spokesman is none other than Del, the man she dumped but never forgot. Awkward! Although Del's not the type to hold a grudge, he's determined to avoid falling a second time for the woman who broke his heart. He's a daredevil, not an idiot. Trouble is, in all his adventures, he never found a rush as exhilarating as Maya's kiss. Maybe risking his heart will prove to be the biggest thrill of all.
- "ONE TRUE HEART" by Jodi Thomas (Harmony, Texas #8) (A+++++) Millanie McAllen is always logical. But after returning to her childhood home, she learns that some things are beyond explanation - like her undeniable passion for Drew Cunningham. After finding success as a singer on the road, Beau Yates returns to Harmony to make peace with his dying father - and finds the woman he's been dreaming of for years. But the secrets they discover might be too much for him to hear. When Jonny Wheeler is charged with his wife's murder, he turnss to the only person who believes he's innocent. Fortune-teller Kare Cunningham's life has always danced around reality - but Johnny is able to ground her like no other. As their paths cross in new, captivating directions, the townspeople of Harmony need to learn to love and let go in order to live together in their little slice of heaven.
- "RAINWATER" by Sandra Brown (unabridged audio CD) (A+++++) The year is 1934. With the country in the stranglehold of drought and economic depression, Ella Barron runs her Texas bordinghouse with an efficiency that ensures her life will be kept in balance. She also cares for her ten-year-old son, Solly, a sweet but challenging child whose misunderstood behaviour finds Ella on the receiving end of pity, derision and suspicion. David Rainwater arrives at the house looking for lodging but Ella senses that admitting him will bring about unsettling changes. However, times are hard, so Mr. Rainwater moves in...and impacts her life in ways Ella could never have foreseen. The chances are echoed by the turbulence eyond the house walls. Friends and neighbors now face financial ruin and in an effort to save their families from homelessness and hunger, are forced to make heart rending choices. The climate of desperation creates a fertile atmosphere for racial tensions and social unrest. Conrad Ellis - privileged and spoiled and Ella's nemesis since childhood - steps into this arena of teeming hostility to exact his vengeance and demonstrate the extent of his blind hatred and unlimited cruelty. He and his gang of hoodlums come to embody the rule of law and no one in Gilead, Texas, is safe. Partriculaly Ella and Solly. In this hotbed of uncertainty, Ella finds Mr. Rainwater a calming presence. Slowly, she begins to rely on his soft-spokenness, his restraint and the steely resolve of his convictions. And on the hottest, most violent night of the summer, those principles will be put to the ultimate test.
- "SECOND CHANCE SUMMER" by Jill Shalvis (Cedar Ridge, Colorado #1) (A+++++) Cedar Ridge, Colorado, is famous for crisp mountain air, clear blue skies and pine-scented breezes. And it's the last place Lily Danville wants to be. But she needs a job, and there's an opening at the hottest resort in her hometown. What has her concerned is the other hot property in Cedar Ridge: Aidan Kincaid - firefighter, rescue worker and heartbreaker. She never could resist that devastating smile. The Kincaid brothers are as rough and rugged as the Rocky Mountains they call home. Aidan has always done things his own way, by his rules. And never has he regretted anything more than letting Lily walk out of his life ten years ago. If anyone has ever been in need of rescuing, she has. What she needs more than anything are long hikes, slow dances and sizzling kisses. But that can only happen if he can get her to give Cedar Ridge - and his bad boy a second chance.
CURRENTLY READING -
- "Christmas on Bellevue Lane" by Anna DeSefano (Chandlerville, Georgia: Echoes of the Heart #3) (Kindle app on my cell phone)
- "Discovering You" by Brenda Novak (Whiskey Creek #10) (ARC that I received from the author in exchange for my honest review)
- "Betrayal" by Christina Dodd (Bella Terra: Scarlet Deception #3)
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO -
- "Tricky Twenty-Two" by Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plum #22) (Audible)
Last Edited on: 4/1/16 9:31 AM ET - Total times edited: 37