Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Love & Romance Love & Romance

Topic: New Release Romances

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: New Release Romances
Date Posted: 10/3/2010 8:54 AM ET

What have you read and what did you think???

tjrj1988 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/3/2010 10:02 AM ET

I'm in the middle of "Mistress by Mistake" by Maggie Robinson.  Enjoying it.  It's a Brava but has a plot and humor and pretty well developed characters.  It's the first I've read of hers. 

I've got a pile of WL sitting on my nightstand that I haven't gotten to yet-Meredith Duran, the new Elizabeth Hoyt, Victoria Dahl to name a couple.

Just finished Nora's "The Search".  Really liked it.  Quirky hero and heroine-and the S & R storyline worked for me.  That's in contrast to the big cat rescue storyline in "Black Hills" that didn't work for me at all.  A surprise because I usually like reunited h/h storylines. 

Favorite straight historical that I've read recently-Eileen Dreyer's "Barely a Lady". 

HF wise:  almost finished with Gregory's "The White Queen".  I find it frustrating and fasinating that Elizabeth Woodville was so greedy for the English throne that she was willilng to sacrifice her entire family(non royal first born sons, her daughters, siblings-everyone) to attain and attempt to keep it.  And, did her curses eventually cost the Tudors the throne?    ooh....interesting premise.....next up....Hoyt's "No Will but His".

kalynn avatar
Date Posted: 10/3/2010 6:45 PM ET

I liked Meredith Duran's latest book, and I also enjoyed His at Night by Sherry Thomas.  I had mixed feelings about Elizabeth Hoyt's first Maiden Lane book.  Though I love her writing,  I thought the plot was overblown and the characters never went much beyond cliches.  I read Mistress By Mistake a few months agao and I do remember enjoying it, though I don't remember much about it.

I have Hot Finish by Erin McCarthy and Shameless by Karen Robards on my TBR, and I think I will read Shamless next.  It's a library book, and I need to get it back.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/4/2010 10:29 AM ET

I just finished Open Country by Kaki Warner yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a refreshing western read from all of the England-set historicals I've been starting and stopping lately. I have to go back and read the first in the series and am anticipating the third book, Chasing the Sun.